• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:05:19 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

A Character a Week Keeps the Lucavi Meek! Gretchen Lethro!

Started by Eternal248, July 23, 2009, 10:59:25 pm

Eternal

August 09, 2009, 08:50:04 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
Also... his card:
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

mav

August 11, 2009, 11:54:35 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Holy crap! He looks so utterly badass.

LastingDawn

August 12, 2009, 12:50:23 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Pieke is certainly one of my favorite characters in Mercenaries, a "Lifeflame Extinguisher" with poise and finesse, his role is pretty interesting as well, he is definitely a recurring character in Mercenaries.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Eternal

August 14, 2009, 09:55:05 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
-LAVIAN LUNARI-
"It isn't for the puppet to think- merely act its role."

Full Name: Lavian Lunari
Job: Fencer
Birthday: March 23
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Blood Type: A+
Birthplace: Romanda
Loves: Studying Law, Sonnets, Chocobreeding
Hates: "I Want to be Your Canary", Malboros, Indecisiveness
Hobbies: Entering Tournaments, Falling in Love

Abilities: Nighthawk, Piercethrough, Blade Flurry.

A young Knight sent from Romanda to Ivalice as a result of a political standoff. She seeks love, but cannot seem to find "the one." Do not be fooled, she is no love-starved twit; she is a Fencer, her blade flicks about the air as a wasp, her sting as sharp- and as venomous.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

mav

August 14, 2009, 10:48:33 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Hubba hubba. Mav approves, especially when it comes to her hobby of "entering tournaments"...

SplashWoman

August 19, 2009, 12:30:56 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SplashWoman
Is there any other info in the Gaia's Lance class? Basic equips etc.? Age?

Thinking of doing a rendition of Alicia, unless someone decides to assign me another task.

[Not trying to step on anyone's toes]

LastingDawn

August 19, 2009, 04:19:27 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oh, nevermind what I just said on the other topic... it was sort of brief to give people just a Basic description. I'll PM you the info, it'll be easier to keep the thread less cluttered that way.

EDIT: I meant regarding Blansch and Bolmna we can get to them later.

Art of War

SplashWoman

August 19, 2009, 04:50:01 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SplashWoman
Got it! Reminds me of a geomancer crossed with a Valkyrie [from SD3]

I'll see if I can whip something up this evening...AFTER studying flight procedures.... meh.

LastingDawn

August 19, 2009, 05:01:06 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
No need to rush, hehe. Of course I have no idea at which intervals you work, in any case, can't wait to see what you bring to light!

Art of War

Kagebunji

August 19, 2009, 05:27:12 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Mmmmm Lavian is definitly one of my favorite characters from now on :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

SplashWoman

August 20, 2009, 05:31:56 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SplashWoman
My plans for the evening just got edited, so instead of finishing drawing from last night.... its pool party then out to the bars.

So I thought I'd put up what I'm currently thinking/working on for the Alicia picture I'm doing....

I've got some info from LD though PM and have been using that and the pic from Eternal as reference and kind of going from there.

Purple - hair fluff
Red - High collar/ neck shawl
Blue - Those hanging thingies
Green - Armbands

Since she is very 'earthy' I am trying to do the fur/vines/flowers thing... she is going to be sitting on a stump... and again this is only partially done.

Ignore the hands/gloves, not really happy with how they're working. It doesn't seem very natural.

Also if I'm in the wrong thread feel free to move me. Any input is appreciated. If it is looking like I'm straying from the intent let me know.

MiKeMiTchi

August 20, 2009, 07:00:49 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Wouw! That's so nice!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Zozma

August 20, 2009, 07:07:59 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
whoa thats nice i wish youd draw a couple for meh lol
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

August 20, 2009, 07:08:09 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, looks good, just a bit... showy, I don't really mind the top part, as it's not too exaggerated, the bottom part though is a bit... much, I'm not much of a fan of fanservice, personally, but hmm... especially a girl like Alicia, I would expect her to be a bit more reserved.
Though don't get me wrong! This is far and beyond over my own expectations!

EDIT: Also the Mercenaries Art Thread would definitely be a more fitting area, mainly because it seems... not a lot of people reply in this topic, heh... so I'll copy your post and place it over there as well (mainly because there is no "Move Post" option for Mods.

Art of War

SplashWoman

August 20, 2009, 07:37:33 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SplashWoman
Sounds good on the forum move.

I'm also not done yet... I don't really have much of the bottom filled in as far as clothes go and its a fairly low dpi scan... the legs are there for reference mostly. Trust me the skirt and long boots will be there! It isn't Pantsless Fantasy Tactics after all... except for Buttpants Ramza of course.

LastingDawn

August 20, 2009, 07:41:57 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Haha! Alright, so that's just your style. I will amend my comment in the other thread, incredible work so far!

Art of War

Eternal

August 21, 2009, 10:33:32 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
-MYAN-
"The emotions of the undead are pitiful indeed. To carry such trivial humors into such a wonderful anti-life..."

Full Name: Myan
Job: Dark Knight
Birthday: April 22
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Blood Type: B-
Birthplace: Trade City of Zarghidas
Loves: Roses, Romance, Fine Fovoham Wine (None of that Bacchus junk)
Hates: Abandonment,  People who lack commitment
Hobbies: Spellweaving, Sparring, Exploring the world

Abilities: Dark Sword, Night Sword, Obscurum

A middle-aged woman who has experienced life and love only to lose both. She is burdened by her inability to conceive and thus, her ability to start her own family. She adopted a young man from the Gariland Military Academy years ago with her then-lover, only to catch him with another woman. Because of this, she scorns love and rejects the idea of life, for her sorrow is deep and unending.

SilvasRuin

August 22, 2009, 12:25:07 am #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Could she not conceive because she was undead, or did she become dead later?  Either way, rough time.  Can those around her tell she is undead?  Does it strain how she is able to interact with society?

LastingDawn

August 22, 2009, 12:32:33 am #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Despite how it's laid out and shown... she's not undead. Hehe, Eternal was a bit worried about that. No Myan is still alive, her quote is in reference to the feelings of the undead, she isn't referring to herself as one.

Art of War

SilvasRuin

August 22, 2009, 01:11:01 am #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
QuoteA middle-aged woman who has experienced life and love only to lose both. She is burdened by her inability to conceive and thus, her ability to start her own family. She adopted a young man from the Gariland Military Academy years ago with her then-lover, only to catch him with another woman. Because of this, she scorns love and rejects the idea of life, for her sorrow is deep and unending.
Actually what I put in bold is what made me think she is undead.