• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

A Character a Week Keeps the Lucavi Meek! Gretchen Lethro!

Started by Eternal248, July 23, 2009, 10:59:25 pm

LastingDawn

September 02, 2009, 12:33:36 am #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Heh, none of the above.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

SilvasRuin

September 02, 2009, 12:34:15 am #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Since we posted at the same time and yours is on another page, don't overlook my post, please.

LastingDawn

September 02, 2009, 12:35:27 am #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I did overlook your post I must admit, sorry about that. Though the same applies. It is not the correct answer.

Art of War

SilvasRuin

September 02, 2009, 12:37:31 am #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I thought you would overlook it, but it's nothing to apologize about.  I thought you would from the timing.  We posted in the same minute.

Dang, back to the drawing board.

MiKeMiTchi

September 02, 2009, 01:43:32 am #64 Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:45:43 am by MiKeMiTchi
I somehow get it.

ZACK??

zack has a sprite and a portrait here.

Quote[FF7] Cloud's alterego of a sort. He was the real SOLDIER; Cloud just thought he was one. A confused Cloud took over his job, so to speak, and his persona, after Zack was killed by Shinra soldiers. His parents live in Gongaga

Fits with the context 'roles have changed', 'fell on the same place', unfamiliar 'persona'. He is a soldier, therefore he can be a mercenary!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

LastingDawn

September 02, 2009, 01:44:51 am #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
No, it is not *shiver...* Zack.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

September 02, 2009, 01:58:30 am #66 Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:32:12 am by MiKeMiTchi
Argh!!

Balthier!?

QuoteReal name: Ffamran Bunansa.
Mangled name.

Sephiroth.
QuoteSephiroth is arguably the most popular villain of the Final Fantasy series

Plain as any day? will change his role? a soldier, with a close tie with cloud.
His name is foreign. (Hebrew).
In the context, I think 'they' resembles the soldiers, which includes Cloud. They are in the same place (same FF). They have the same origin.

In FFT: here:
QuoteWhen Cloud is transported to Ivalice by a device called the Celestial Globe in Final Fantasy Tactics, he comes out confused and disoriented. The first thing he says is "The heat! Inside my skull... No, stop... Sephiroth---no!" The Final Fantasy VII boss does not actually appear in the game, though a black-caped swordsman is mentioned in one of the Errands.

Dormin Jake

September 02, 2009, 02:18:27 am #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Cloud and Aeris!  Yes I went there.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

jimmyjw88

September 02, 2009, 02:19:28 am #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Ramza and Delita? Haha ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Dormin Jake

September 02, 2009, 02:20:44 am #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Palom and Porom!  That's my official guess.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

MiKeMiTchi

September 02, 2009, 02:28:41 am #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Quote from: "Dormin Jake"Palom and Porom!  That's my official guess.

hmm.. I think that's a good hypothesis.

CronoStorm

September 02, 2009, 09:04:59 am #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CronoStorm
Lol WOW. Palom and Porom? Really? Was I the only person that absolutely despised those little bastards?

MiKeMiTchi

September 02, 2009, 09:10:24 am #72 Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:29:28 am by MiKeMiTchi
Hmm.. I'm starting to think they are the Warriors of Light. But who are they!?
Yes. Possible.

Warrior\s of Light. 'They' don't have a predetermined name, and persona.
They are pretty common in FF (plain as any day). The name 'warrior of light' is common. It can be a reference to a group, or a single character. I can say they have the same origin, and they are legends! He or 'they' is the original protagonist of FF, therefore they are legends, very. FF (humbly) began with them.

Further Analysis:
QuoteIs it one person? Might it be more? What do the lines allude to...

If this is a hint, therefore the answer should be the Warrior/s of light.
And the riddle always have the word "THEY", and, can still refer to one person.

They were never given exact birthgiven names (therefore, mangled). The player gives their name, foreign even. (FF3)

I can say they are legends, and they have the same origin. (ex, in ff3, they were orphans). Absolutely, they were destined to fall in the same place. They were references to many characters, so, their roles have changed.

Also, I assumed Sir LD has played Dissidia, where Warrior of Light is a character. He don't remember his name, definitely, and his ending is coool.

He'd be a very interesting character.

AM I RIGHT? :(

--
but based off names and popularity, Gilgamesh is a good choice.
Though I think the desc. fits Sepiroth and Cid, too.

Skip Sandwich

September 02, 2009, 09:33:57 am #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
i've got it! it's Namingway! haha, no really, is it Biggs, Wedge and/or Vicks?
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

philsov

September 02, 2009, 11:29:45 am #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "CronoStorm"Was I the only person that absolutely despised those little bastards?

*begins gathering rocks to throw*
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Sephiel

September 02, 2009, 12:03:28 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephiel
Gilgamesh would be good, no ?

LastingDawn

September 02, 2009, 12:26:30 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"Argh!!

Balthier!?

QuoteReal name: Ffamran Bunansa.
Mangled name.

Sephiroth.
QuoteSephiroth is arguably the most popular villain of the Final Fantasy series

Plain as any day? will change his role? a soldier, with a close tie with cloud.
His name is foreign. (Hebrew).
In the context, I think 'they' resembles the soldiers, which includes Cloud. They are in the same place (same FF). They have the same origin.

In FFT: here:
QuoteWhen Cloud is transported to Ivalice by a device called the Celestial Globe in Final Fantasy Tactics, he comes out confused and disoriented. The first thing he says is "The heat! Inside my skull... No, stop... Sephiroth---no!" The Final Fantasy VII boss does not actually appear in the game, though a black-caped swordsman is mentioned in one of the Errands.

The "black caped swordsman" mentioned in the Errands is The Phantom Thief Zero. In any case Balthier and Sephiroth both make cameo appearances, but are in no way important enough to become Main Cast members, hehe.
---------------------

Quote from: "Dormin Jake"Cloud and Aeris!  Yes I went there.

Haha! They are in Mercenaries yes, but Aeris is a deceitful "Flower Girl" who enjoys killing people with various poisons and Cloud is her estranged boyfriend who is just as insane as she is.

Quote from: "Dormin Jake"Palom and Porom!  That's my official guess.

Very nice guess... but I don't quite recall their names being mangled, unless you count FF9.

Also can you tell me how they relate to the riddle themselves?

Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"Hmm.. I'm starting to think they are the Warriors of Light. But who are they!?
Yes. Possible.

Warrior\s of Light. 'They' don't have a predetermined name, and persona.
They are pretty common in FF (plain as any day). The name 'warrior of light' is common. It can be a reference to a group, or a single character. I can say they have the same origin, and they are legends! He or 'they' is the original protagonist of FF, therefore they are legends, very. FF (humbly) began with them.

Further Analysis:
QuoteIs it one person? Might it be more? What do the lines allude to...

If this is a hint, therefore the answer should be the Warrior/s of light.
And the riddle always have the word "THEY", and, can still refer to one person.

They were never given exact birthgiven names (therefore, mangled). The player gives their name, foreign even. (FF3)

I can say they are legends, and they have the same origin. (ex, in ff3, they were orphans). Absolutely, they were destined to fall in the same place. They were references to many characters, so, their roles have changed.

Also, I assumed Sir LD has played Dissidia, where Warrior of Light is a character. He don't remember his name, definitely, and his ending is coool.

He'd be a very interesting character.

AM I RIGHT? :(

--
but based off names and popularity, Gilgamesh is a good choice.
Though I think the desc. fits Sepiroth and Cid, too.

Nice and detailed guess! But as the Warriors of Light had no name, there is no way there names could be "mangled".

Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"i've got it! it's Namingway! haha, no really, is it Biggs, Wedge and/or Vicks?

A great guess! But could you give me a bit more reason why you think it's those fellows?

Quote from: "Sephiel"Gilgamesh would be good, no ?

Gilgamesh is in Mercenaries as a reoccuring sidequest character, but he plays no part in the main story. Good guess though.

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

September 02, 2009, 12:33:52 pm #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
I can't believe it! hahaha. I'm still wrong..

Wedge and Biggs, cause they ARE recurring characters to different FF games.
They are thieves\soldiers, their names have different translations.
Namingway on the other hand,
is the NAME changer. :P

good guess.

akwikone

September 02, 2009, 12:51:27 pm #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
Could it be obvious answer that is probably wrong: Ashley Riot and/or Sydney Losstarot?

Quote from: "LastingDawn""Legends in their own right,
from humble beginnings,
they have seen their share of battle.

They each fell in the same place,
Their origins paint their fate, swift.
Their birthgiven names mangled,
Now their roles have changed.

Personae unfamiliar, foreign even.
Though to one of careful observance,
They are seen plain as day."

These could fit Ashley and or Sydney one way or another, except for the mangled names bit, the only way I see that one fitting is if Ashley had to change his name to hide, but I don't think he would need to with the "darkness" with him...

LastingDawn

September 02, 2009, 12:57:46 pm #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Very good guess! Shows great knowledge of Vagrant Story, but that is not the case, I'm not even sure if I could have them as cameos for how Vagrant Story takes place Long after FFT and by extension FFT:Mercenaries.

Art of War