• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:23:59 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

DP's test run results and opinions.

Started by DarthPaul, September 16, 2009, 07:50:11 pm

DarthPaul

September 16, 2009, 07:50:11 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
First battle at Orbonne was fairly easy. Only found one bug.

The same one Kage noted.

Also just because it was funny i snapped this screen of Lavian and Rad acting like guard statues.

Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Xifanie

September 16, 2009, 07:57:17 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Crap, that last picture is totally epic.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Samuraiblackbelt

September 16, 2009, 08:40:25 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
Quote from: "Zodiac"Crap, that last picture is totally epic.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

DarthPaul

September 16, 2009, 09:31:16 pm #3 Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:30:05 pm by darthpaul
Glad you guys liked that one.

Okay Zozma the first battle had a nice difficulty to it. Not too hard not too easy. To win I used the surround and conquer tactic while using the dead bodies to circumvent their numbers while I worked.

Now to some things of interest I found.
Look in the upper right corner at the little glitch by the L1 icon.

Also the brave story photos are off.

That's all to report from Gariland. Off to watch Algus get slaughtered.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zozma

September 16, 2009, 09:32:47 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
oh yes, thanks, thats a text change. a simple number determines which portrait is displayed.

I saw that upper right corner bug too but i have no idea what caused it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Zozma

September 16, 2009, 10:46:57 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
thanks to Cheetah i was able to fix that. i just wonder what caused it in the first place.. a stray asm hack perhaps

DarthPaul

September 17, 2009, 12:11:06 am #6 Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:32:07 pm by darthpaul
Saving Algus was hard enough without being impossible.

1)Algus has sword skills. Barely makes this battle possible.

2)A typo in his spell quote. It's ruthlessness not rewtlessness buddy. Damn Algus is dumb.

3)Algus was right next to Delita and facing the same way when I killed him.

Zozma

September 17, 2009, 12:12:47 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
you murdererderer!

Wasabi

September 17, 2009, 01:07:01 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
Nice! It looks like Delita and Algus are sunbathing at the Plains. :P

DarthPaul

September 18, 2009, 05:48:40 pm #9 Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:33:40 pm by darthpaul
Okay as for Sweegy it could benefit from a chocobo or some kind of healing enemy.

Not much to say other than the bombs defending made me lol.

Zozma

September 18, 2009, 09:28:43 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yep, everything has access to defend except for controllable monsters

DarthPaul

September 18, 2009, 10:07:39 pm #11 Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:34:46 pm by darthpaul
Random:

Entering Mandalia from east.

Panthers and Goblins.

Goblins can insta cast Blind with a cross shaped AoE. For 100% accuracy. This means you are screwed. Not enough money for eyedrops, and not enough turns to administer them anyway.

I was brutally slaughtered 8v5.

Pics time Yay ^_^

This Goblin is trying to escape I know it.

Look at this, this is what we called screwed.

I shall say this. This battle is not a challenge so much as a series of gambles taking place on a single map. I lost. I'll return after I unlock some better classes/skills.

DarthPaul

September 18, 2009, 11:04:04 pm #12 Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:36:38 pm by darthpaul
Random:

Mandalia from west.

Choco and Panths.

This battle was difficult. The two panthers where relentless and my damage dealt was minimal. I won through sheer determination to keep my dignity.

Pics time ^_^

This is when tactical revenge is sweet.

DarthPaul

September 19, 2009, 12:17:54 am #13 Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:37:10 pm by darthpaul
Dortor 1 was difficult could use some more archers or an extra BM.

Word of warning Teta will kill anything in her way. Friend or foe.

Pic taim.

Deus ex wepon guard.

Teta is a whore. That's my healer!

Samuraiblackbelt

September 19, 2009, 01:17:05 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
what would cause teta to cast a spell on a team member? does her AI still think she's casting cure?
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

Zozma

September 19, 2009, 02:10:19 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
no, even agrias will do it with stasis sword. I think its a matter of, if that wont end the battle right away, they will use it. their ai avoids it if they are in a position to cast it in a way that doesnt hit an ally but it wont stop them from using the skill if they cant avoid that.

and if you look at the picture, you can see that where the archer that she killed with bio was standing, there was no way she could avoid hitting the white mage because she had no other panels to target that had range due to height difference.

DarthPaul

September 19, 2009, 11:13:03 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Cellar of the sand mouse.

Where to begin. This battle made me shit my pants till I realized two of my guests where Zalbag and Algus. I thought I was going into a 4v9 with two of my units being guests. Wasn't so bad. Not much you can do to make it harder without making it ridiculous.

This battle was wierd, and seemed borderline "lolpatch".

Pic Taim.

Ah ha Teta finally killed herself instead of me.

Having Gustav jump the table makes this scene much more epic.

Where did Algy and Zalby go?

If they are waiting outside it would make more sense for Wiggy to warp out or you create the plot hole of "why didn't they try to catch him".

Samuraiblackbelt

September 20, 2009, 11:18:33 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
did you ever figure out why the table was there Zozma?

LastingDawn

September 20, 2009, 11:20:48 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Yep, the Attack.out editor makes that pretty clear, but come on! Is it not awesome to see Gustav hop over the table and Still see Wiegraf completely blindside him?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

September 20, 2009, 11:27:32 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yeah, the table was there because i had used an older version of zodiac's attack.out editor which defaulted all the hidden objects back on to maps like this one. I actually deliberately kept the table after getting an updated copy of the attack.out editor just because i like the way it looks when gustav jumps over.

also
Rat cellar battle is an incompleted scene as well. Worried about Ramza and Co Algus shows up to help you and he has convinced Zalbag to come along with him. At the end of the battle they will leave confident that Ramza and Delita can handle the rest, insisting that Ramza doesn't reveal that Zalbag was ever there. The scene is mainly to show a little more of Algus' new role.