• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:29:10 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five Battle Logs

Started by Jumza, March 29, 2013, 01:16:44 pm

Lijj

I'm still at Sweegy.. training my team in random encounters to learn some chemists' stats before going back.. I got smoked there. Up until then I had no real trouble.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

Try the second: After seeing Ravens post about this battle having a lot of options, and reading somewhere else (I forget where) that this battle has a lot of objectives, or something along those lines, I decided to try and trigger any event that may have been placed in this battle that could give me an advantage. Of course this requires me to take several shots in the dark as to what those might be.

This try I decided to go kamikaze, not doing any invigorates or cheer ups, just running and doing as much damage as possible. On my first try one of the 5 crystalized before they all died, so I thought something might happen if they did. Nope. I only managed to get the one where when Link dies, everyone comes back to life with one HP, but I already knew about that one from try 1.

In short; I have no idea where to go from here, but I'm gonna keep trying.

I also found that Link+Longbow+Light Arrow = tons of damage. Each light arrow doing around 170.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Jumza on April 01, 2013, 03:43:14 pm
I also found that Link+Longbow+Light Arrow = tons of damage. Each light arrow doing around 170.

It's almost as if playing The Legend of Zelda actually helps you understand how to beat Ganon.  Amazing isn't it.

Also, when I said "tons of options", I more meant Ganon has tons of options to ruin your life with that he'll only use in certain situations to counter you trying to build staying power.  You've seen Warlock Punch already, but that's not his only trick.

Jumza

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 01, 2013, 03:50:51 pm
It's almost as if playing The Legend of Zelda actually helps you understand how to beat Ganon.  Amazing isn't it.

Also, when I said "tons of options", I more meant Ganon has tons of options to ruin your life with that he'll only use in certain situations to counter you trying to build staying power.  You've seen Warlock Punch already, but that's not his only trick.

It's almost as if you keep slipping me hints after I've figured them out already :lol:

Although I misread that second part pretty badly. I thought for sure that you guys had slipped in some sort of event that would put Ganon at half health or something oh well, now to try Light Arrow spamming!
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Jumza

OMG. Ok... Wait... What. Is that... Is that Mustadio?... Wtf is he wearing??? I was quite literally rolling on the floor laughing when he flew in.

Durbs

April 01, 2013, 05:15:24 pm #66 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:28:45 pm by Durbs
...well, I finally got around to doing a proper playthrough. All was going well until I lost, I fuck you not, 23 times at Barius Hill. I have literally been at it for the past 4 hours. I still haven't beaten it.

My RNG sucks worse than Celdia's. There's, what, an average of 50% on the Lamia's move that causes confusion? I have yet to see it miss. It's funny how every time I need a move to come through for me the game says 'LOLNOPE, here's a crit against the only one who can revive your party for your trouble'. The worst part is that the stuff that I need to hit is always at about 75%. And then misses without fail.

+_+

I have seriously never been so close to punching my screen.

Celdia

Quote from: Durbs on April 01, 2013, 05:15:24 pm
...well, I finally got around to doing a proper playthrough. All was going well until I lost, I fuck you not, 23 times at Barius Hill. I have literally been at it for the past 4 hours. I still haven't beaten it. My RNG sucks worse than Celdia's.

While I find this incredibly hilarious, my body refuses to laugh because if it tried I would run out of laughter for the rest of my life.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Durbs

April 01, 2013, 05:44:44 pm #69 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:54:35 pm by Durbs
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 01, 2013, 05:33:24 pm
How the fuck do you lose 23 times.

By missing everything and not being able to do jack about the beastmaster. :v

btw, on a related note, why do his moves not require MP? +_+

RavenOfRazgriz

Nothing monster-related uses the MP system except for humans using Blue Magic. 

(Monsters themselves are actually hardcoded to ignore MP costs as long as they have the sufficient Max MP to use the skill, even in Vanilla.)

Jumza

Grrr
Ridiculous! This Boss battle is ridiculous! The closest I've gotten was on my 8th try, I did 568 damage. (Yeah I started counting my damage) and he wasn't in critical >.<
The timely arrival of Mustadio, while extremely comical, is nearly useless. He just continually sandbags Agrias. (Who is level 7, while the rest of my team is level 14) Urgh. I'm going to try again in a couple hours but... How does anyone win this battle?

RavenOfRazgriz

While your levels are fairly high for what I'd expect from players going into this fight, I'll tip my hand a tiny bit and say that after processing Ganondorf's HP at your current level and knowing you have Light Arrow and Climhazzard open, you're actually very close to beating him if you're able to deal out about 570 total damage.  Work at it a bit more and you can probably get it, though that level disparity with Agrias is definitely working against you.

You could always step away from the fight and go to the Marks if you have a backup save, because Ganondorf is definitely a boss worth his big introduction speech.  He's the one fight in Chapter 1 where I didn't pull any punches.

3lric

If it helps you calculate at all, Mustadio comes in when Ganon reaches 75%
There are also scenes for when he reaches 50% and 25% life. This might help you know how far you are making it.

Pride

Currently the most Ive done is roughly 300 damage against ganon, i actually thought I was going to win since I thought I had a good way to turtle up.... that is until he doubled turned me >_> sucks when that happens where youre characters arent moving. This battle starting to frustrate me... grrrrr
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Durbs

...finally beat it.

I... I don't even... +_+

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Jumza

People go into critical when at 8% hp or lower right? (or is it 12?) I think I may have hit the 25% mark, because I remember him doing that flashing thing that makes him sound like he's powering up quite a few times.

Pride

critical is 10%

Id love to know your current party btw
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Jumza

Sure thing.
They don't have the best equips possible, so I'll probably end up going back and doing some Marks. (Which I forgot to do when I first unlocked them >.<)
I was also about to make an equipment change on Cloud... But I can't remember what it is so, here you go.

They're all in their base jobs because I was learning more of their base abilities after branching off into the other jobs for awhile.