• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:27:58 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

on weapon-range abilities

Started by Lockeadon, March 06, 2014, 03:28:37 am

Lockeadon

do weapon range abilities always use the weapon formula of the equipped weapon for damage or is it set in the formula like regular abilities?

what happens if you set a magic or monster ability as weapon range?

will it have its normal effects with the range being the range of the weapon instead of the normal range?

what about an ability with an effect area?

Choto

It will set AoE = 0, range = weapon range. For monsters... most likely it'll just be range = 1. The formula will not change I don't think.

However, it may have some other hardcodings like weapon range making Two Hands apply if it's equipped. I think it automatically sets the attack as stop at obstacle.

Lockeadon

March 07, 2014, 08:40:04 am #2 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:03:05 am by Lockeadon
so if i make those blank abilities use formula 60  with different elements and make them weapon range would they just have the formulas effect or would they do weapon damage as well?

this should allow for a class that works almost like sorceror from ff5.

the weapon formula that calls an ability seems like it would work for this in terms of doing the weapon attack part but in that case the abilities would need two parts, the ones that uses the weapon formula and the ones that do the elemental damage. but then theres the problem of making that formula always activate spells, which most likely there is already an asm for.

what do you think i should do? do you think that would work? is it even possible to call the blank action abilities with that weapon formula?

Lockeadon

after some checking it seems its not possible to call aas past ff with that ability, but if i make those blank ones the calling abilities and try to get 8 abilities within the first 255 it should be possible to call those.

i know how to set an ability to use with formula two if its on weapon, but how do i do it for an ability? is it even possible? or maybe i need an asm that makes a formula similar to the formula 2 but working within the parameters of abilities and having 100% ability activation instead?

what should i do and is there such an asm already?