• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS - SPECIAL POWER RANGERS EDITION.

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, February 11, 2011, 01:50:15 am

The Damned

That's unfortunate to hear, but I'm sure you can bounce back from a setback like Dr. Doom, especially if I could after my (older) computer basically completely died years back.

...This reminds me that I should probably back things up again, at least to a flash-drive.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

You should.

I'm just taking whatever's not already there and putting it in my Dropbox so this never happens again.  My idea to video-preview the Power Rangers sprites is on hold unless I can think of an alternate worthwhile video to make that doesn't require me speaking, as well, sadly.  Though I'll be getting on trying to get the first couple events made soon.  The opening event will involve using things I've never experimented with before, so it may take longer than I'd like.

Lijj

Ok fair enough.. no mic? Interested in seeing this experimental opening!
Green Ranger will be finished in a week (approx).. there's just one second half of a sprite to finish first, a male Ronin/parivir. I needed a minor switch up; after five rangers I felt like a machine heheh. but worry not Tommy will get his morph on, I am a man of my word. After Green Ranger I must get back to work on Sahagin.
  • Modding version: PSX

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Lijj on April 28, 2011, 01:05:53 am
Ok fair enough.. no mic? Interested in seeing this experimental opening!
Green Ranger will be finished in a week (approx).. there's just one second half of a sprite to finish first, a male Ronin/parivir. I needed a minor switch up; after five rangers I felt like a machine heheh. but worry not Tommy will get his morph on, I am a man of my word. After Green Ranger I must get back to work on Sahagin.

It's an edit of an existing cutscene (quite literally), I've just never used the commands before so it'll be... "fun" to sort through.

Take your time on it, Lijj.  I won't actually need him for the opening cutscene, though he'll be pretty important overall. 

Can't wait for the Sahagin myself, I'm going to try and use it in Redesign if I have room.  I'm hopeful on it turning out amazing.  Hell, the Rangers vs a really buff Sahagin that ends up being Orlandu in a costume would be a golden Scooby Doo moment.

Lijj

I'll be getting onto the Green Ranger here soon.. I need to keep up on my watching of Power Rangers also(it inspires me so!).. got to Season 1 Episode 33-34 yet.

Edit:
getting there..

Lijj

Kagebunji

His helm seems very similiar to Jason's no? N'way, I don't think the highlight movement on back frames helm is a good idea, he isn't pulling his head back and forward after all, so I guess keeping it the same on all frames is the best way(same for one frame on forward walkin frame, notice how highlight goes up by one pixel). Also, on back walking frames notice how above his left arm some yellow pixels flash form time to time, it looks weird and out of place.  Greens looks great, but I just can't escape the feeling it would be better with Thief's colors(you didn't use them, did you?). Highlight seems a bit bright compared to the greens too.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

MagiusRerecros

Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Lijj

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on May 17, 2011, 05:49:35 am
...HOLY SHIT.
Quote from: MagiusRerecros on May 17, 2011, 12:23:53 pm
^What he said.

^^

I'll post a version with the colors from archer too, though I think that would be too lime green looking which is natural for the game but odd for the forest-green ranger; I will post anyway so it can be judged.
I do see the one flash of a color too dark oh the shoulder there, thanks Kage , I'll change that. And the helmet can be solid/static but I thought the reflection staying in place as the frames drop in the walking frames gave it more motion like FFT walks always have; I can easily make it static... up to you guys- even though I kinda like the movement..
I'll leave it up to Raven. When I go over the set I can either include the motion of the reflection or make it static.

GeneralStrife

The colors looks fine to me, lijj. I think it'll fit in fine. You don't ALWAYS have to use the EXACT colors of a sprite. Good artists can find colors to adapt and I think you just did.

RavenOfRazgriz

I'm forgetting offhand - did we leave the light bobbing on the helmet on the other 5 Power Ranger sprites?  I know we were toying with it at one point but I can't remember what we settled on.  I'd only make the light reflection on the head bob if it does on all of them, otherwise go with the static one.  Keep the consistency going.  I like the movement myself but I think the sprites being consistent between themselves is most important.

I like the choice of greens myself.  The one thing that sucks is that I'm guessing you don't have the color choice needed to add that spec of red highlight onto his helmet that he has.  Then again, in FFT sprite form, that highlight might look weird.  It'd be something to differentiate the head a bit more from Jason's if it looks okay, though.

Lijj

I forgot about the red diamond.. I remembered the angle goes slightly up on the visor but let's see what I can do.
Maybe if I change a yellow to reddish i can get another color; we'll see. It might be hard to get that detail centered.

Edit: pretty sure I can get it .. i love the yellows as they are but may need to redden them a little to get it
scratch that!

Looks like i need to lighten the darkest colors now but look! I kept the good yellow and squeezed the red in.(:

Lijj

Update:

since 1px equals a lot to them I decided to make the ridge on the top less prominent.

Kagebunji

Yep, it looks awesome. Just out of curiosity, do you plan to do White Ranger as well? I remeber it is the same guy as Green, but I just wanna know.

MysticKnightFF5

Green can be delita and become white power ranger later =D

MagiusRerecros

Ha, yeah, he could be Green in chapter 1 and change to White in Chapter 2, or even as late as Chapter 4. I'd probably say he goes white for Chapter 2 though, since his vanilla sprite's change is more dramatic. I mean really, he only gets that kinda retarded-looking cape in Chapter 4 to show his "king" (or "king"-ish, I was never quite certiain there... I think he's more of a Duke during chapter 4 and finally became a king after Altima is defeated when he marries Ovelia) status.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Kagebunji

I am sure Raven has the story well thought of. There is no White Ranger sprite anyway.