• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:34:28 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

fin7710

Awesome.  Thanks for the quick turn around.

The Damned

April 11, 2013, 03:04:10 am #61 Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:01:02 am by The Damned
(I figure I might as well post this particular bug now instead of leaving it with the others I'll post up this weekend, just because this one will probably take a [lot] longer to address.)

So, about a few hours ago while screwing around getting ready to record at least the Araguay Woods Story Battle, I went back to Bariaus Hill from the North in a little attempt at revenge and discovered there's actually another story battle there that's actually doable (since I don't have to deal with negative status I still can't cure at all right now). Anyway, during that more massive yet far fairer battle, I noticed something...interesting with regards to Bombs and Ice Arrow, which I was beginning to regret buying.

For whatever reason, Ice Arrow is capable of basically OHKO'ing Bombs that already have more than 120 HP at this point. It's hitting them for 127 damage, which between the weakness of Bow Gun leading to 24 damage on average, which Ice Arrow doesn't increase, and the fact they're supposed to halve Ice, not be weak to it, makes no sense. It makes even less sense since factoring in good compat.--the best monsters can have--even if it was/is 25% still and the possibility of Ice Arrow accidentally being Water element instead of Ice, I should at most have done 60 damage, not more than twice that. I don't think the latter is even applicable though, since I vaguely remember using it on an Illithid (or at least targeting it to see what might happen) and it wasn't absorbed by them, which means it isn't Water (unless their element stuff is acting up).

I'll screw around with Ice Arrow more than I planned now as well as probably the other arrows, which I have yet to buy but was going to anyway, but...yeah. I have no idea why it would be doing that.

Yeah...good luck with figuring that out. I'd be "fascinated"--for lack of a better sincere word--to know why.

Oh, and it should be noted that this is in 1.3 since I still haven't updated to 1.5, though I can't imagine that would fix this if you didn't notice it while fixing the other issues.

Icy EDIT: Something just occurred to me.

I just reminded at that doomed battle at Zirekile Falls West against 3 Flying Eyes and 3 Illithids, with there being 1 for all three classes of both families, that when I targeted the Ahriman with Ice Arrow, it did relatively little damage, like 20~. This despite the Flying Eyes family (still) being weak to Ice. As above, even with Bad Compat. that wouldn't have accounted for such low damage, so...yeah.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Zaane

this may or may not be related but when I shot the final boss with Holy arrow the damage was always exactly 127 damage

Jumza

@ Zaane: Have you ever played a LoZ game? I haven't but it was pointed out to me that that move pretty much does the same thing to him in those games as well :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Correct. This was entirly intentional.

RavenOfRazgriz

Not sure why your Ice Arrow's herping its derp, though, The Damned.

I'll have Chotokukyan take a look at things later today when he's around to see if he can recreate your issues and find the problem.

Choto

Raven, can you fix me save right before a battle with a bomb and a link with ice arrow? I get home late tonight but I'll see if I can fix it before I crash

RavenOfRazgriz

Pride's already looking into it for me Chotoman, you can rest easy until you get home tonight and if it's not already fixed I'll give you whatever progress we've got.

Pride

I got your back chotoman, it is done.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and say it's about time we get a damn "Like" button.

Choto

DOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You da man pride

Zaane

not really sure if this is a bug or not but ''blue magic'' does not always teach you a move when a monster hits you with it. is this working as intended? for instance one ahriman hits me with circle...nothing then another hits me with it and it offers to learn it. Multiple ''zombies'' of multiple colors have used ''Soul taker'' on me and a majority of the time it does not offer to learn it but maybe 20%? of the time. Then theres the bombs blow up move which I don't know if its learnable or not I have NEVER been able to learn xD even forced a group of 5 bombs to each use blowup on my blue mage (took a some time and a lot of poison) the blue mage survived it all and no learns :(

RavenOfRazgriz

Blue Magic has a 50% Learn Rate.

You cannot Learn Blue Magic if you become afflicted with Oil, Sleep, Paralyze, Confusion, Charm, Petrify, Dead (or are just killed by the move) or some other debilitating effect that would prevent you from Reacting to the attack that hit you.  This means some Blue Magic requires status protection to actually Learn and as such can't be learned in Chapter 1 despite the skill being on enemy monsters since it inflicts a status you can't defend against yet.

sdw7sm

April 23, 2013, 01:23:21 am #73 Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:28:17 am by Elric
As the images I attached show, it seems that the Mime class is calling the image of the classes after it for its portrait, which are monster classes. I admit, I did mess with FFTastic to unlock the classes for these characters so I could see what all of the classes looked like, but I don't think that is what is causing the problem.

I have downloaded these pictures for my team to review, I'm also removing them cuz they are spoilers, and you had them as attachments -Elric

sdw7sm

Quote from: sdw7sm on April 23, 2013, 01:23:21 am
As the images I attached show, it seems that the Mime class is calling the image of the classes after it for its portrait, which are monster classes. I admit, I did mess with FFTastic to unlock the classes for these characters so I could see what all of the classes looked like, but I don't think that is what is causing the problem.

I have downloaded these pictures for my team to review, I'm also removing them cuz they are spoilers, and you had them as attachments -Elric

That is fine. I would have hidden them in the spoiler box if I knew how.

The Damned

April 23, 2013, 02:47:05 am #75 Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:43:28 pm by The Damned
(Belated thanks to Pride for quickly fixing that issue, though I am still intrigued as to why that is happening. Also, I still object to the addition of a "Like" button ever. Some of us would like to able to escape Facebook & social networks in some capacity.)

Anyway, getting ready to record a few things again before I finally post up the first batch of videos on Youtube, I also remembered to check something. As I suspected from noticing it about a week ago, it would seem that Oil blocks Move-Get Jp (and probably Move-Get Exp/other things.)

It's not really a huge issue, but I'm not entirely sure if this is intentional like how Immobilize both blocking and canceling Defending is probably intentional.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

That is an intended function of Oil.

Oil will suppress Reactions, Move-HP/MP/EXP/JP UP, cancel Charging/Performing/Defending along with several positive statuses when applied, double Fire Damage for a single hit, make you unable to learn [REDACTED], and several other minor things.

Basically, it's a bitch.  Many statuses operate differently than they did in Vanilla and all those changes are indeed intentional.

RavenOfRazgriz

v1.9 was released a few hours ago for anyone who somehow missed it.  It fixes the issue sdw7sm mentions, the bow damage ability bug where abilities with weapon strike + animation + bow will display damage twice, fixes an error where units with below 10 Brave or over 94 Faith (Or whatever the binding values were) would leave your party, a feature from Vanilla that's supposed to no longer exist in Jot5, and tweaks a couple random battles and the War Trophies of several story missions to help smooth out the rough spots in the difficulty curve once you break out to the World Map.  It also makes Araguay Woods a bit more challenging (and have a much better reward), because many people have commented that fight was too easy.  Shouldn't be too rough though for anyone whose already gotten that far.

Enjoy.

Pride

QuoteBelated thanks to Pride for quickly fixing that issue, though I still intrigued as to why that is happening.

Very weird things were happening in the elemental routine. Such as Oil seemed to /always/ make a unit "weak to" elemental damage. There were other things I didn't like in the routine and, thus, I just did a quick rewrite of the routine that is easier to read. Also fixed a minor thing where Oil made a unit weak to Fire instead of stacking, so units weak to Fire and under Oil take x4 damage.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

dexio123

Dante's job change to samurai. Can't change even though i hit the requirements... i know ridiculous that i've gotten that far with jobs on first chapter only.