• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:54:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Recent posts

Pages 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Help! / Re: When enemies counter they ...
Last post by Wiegraf Jr. - April 04, 2024, 12:26:25 am
Ok whenever anyone counters it deals the equivalent damage to the unit.
Help! / When enemies counter they dama...
Last post by Wiegraf Jr. - April 04, 2024, 12:13:15 am
So I added a handful of ASM with FFTorgASM and now when the enemy monsters counter me they also damage themselves by the same amount? Lol can I fix this?
The Lion War / Re: The Lion War of the Lions ...
Last post by El Piedras - April 03, 2024, 10:33:51 pm
First of all, thank you a lot for doing something like this and specially for releasing the resources. I understand most people around here hate the WotL text and this version of the hack is likely to receive a lot less attention/updates as a result, but there's a major issue I'd like to point out.

I noticed the resources pack of TLWoTL has a warning about FFTactext. From what I understand you basically are stuck with whatever text you patch the game since you can't save a .fftactext once you import the missing files from an already patched ISO. This is a big deal for me because I intend to change the numbers of several descriptions to match my balance changes, but want to use the non-engrish WotL translation as base.

I checked the resources of the regular 2.03 TLW and there isn't this warning so I assume FFTactext works fine there. I just wanted to ask if there's a possibility that FFTactext compatibility will be fixed in the future or if it's an inherent problem with the way some assets were translated to the WotL script. As much as I can't stand the original translation (not the "casual" style per se but rather the obvious mistakes and odd naming/wording choices), at this point I feel forced to get back to it since the one standalone WotL translation patch that I could find also renders FFTactext unusable...
Help! / Re: How do I skip to certain p...
Last post by Nyzer - April 03, 2024, 03:31:21 pm
You just load a save from right before that event after patching the ISO and reloading it in the emulator.
Completed Mods / Re: FFT The Lion War ReMixed
Last post by Nyzer - April 03, 2024, 03:30:01 pm
Quote from: MRTayag on April 02, 2024, 08:58:12 ami accidentally moved 1character to bench unit.. onced move it's name change to something else.. is this bug?

can we also request a De-leveling function on the Dispatch Missions? 😅

also, what are the.job unlock requirement based on?

The bench hack does not save custom nicknames. You can always rename units at the Soldier Office, though.

I'm not likely to ever include a deleveling option - I wouldn't know how to preserve stat growth to match standard deleveling, and if you're just trying to reduce the level of random battles, the restriction against sending Ramza on missions would still leave you screwed there. You'll just need to recruit some mind flayers and/or teach the skill to Luso, or use the traps in the desert.

The jobs are all vanilla PSX unlocks except Dark Knights, which use TLW's Knight 8 and Wizard 8.

Quote from: MRTayag on April 03, 2024, 06:37:43 amis there a way to know which patch is used via in game?

No. Though Patch 1.1.10 and 1.1.11 have a subtle difference on the title screen and in... certain parts of the game...

You can compare the changelog against the text for certain abilities to get some idea of what patch you used, though.
FFTA/FFTA2 Hacking / FFTA2 damage calculation
Last post by Ezzeth - April 03, 2024, 10:56:00 am
Sorry if I came out as rude, let me get to the point. I am a beginner in hacking and I found that from somewhere in this forum it says:
Magic damage formula = (Base power + Magick - Resist/2)*.75
If I use magic with 2x dmg, does it calculate like,
this: 2*(Base p + Mgc - Res/2)*.75
or: (2*(Base p + Mgc) - Res/2)*.75
or: (Base p + 2*Mgc - Res/2)*.75 ?

I also found that if your ability has no base power, then it uses your weapon power as the base.
Is it true? Does it also work for magic abilities if I set the weapon to have magic stats?

Edit: Additional question
Does bypass defense setting also bypass resistance?
If I set a base power, do attacks that deals normal damage twice have higher damage than dealing twice damage once?
Help! / Re: Spin attack with weapon ou...
Last post by Wiegraf Jr. - April 03, 2024, 10:53:26 am
Nevermind, I figured it out.
Help! / Re: Spin attack with weapon ou...
Last post by Wiegraf Jr. - April 03, 2024, 10:11:34 am
I figured as much thank you. I'm also trying to edit throw stone into an AoE grenade like ability but it won't change to AoE it stays single target no matter what I do. Is it just not possible?
Completed Mods / Re: FFT The Lion War ReMixed
Last post by MRTayag - April 03, 2024, 06:37:43 am
is there a way to know which patch is used via in game?
Help! / How do I skip to certain parts...
Last post by Runeseeker - April 03, 2024, 03:31:59 am
I cant figure out how to skip to certain parts of the game. I'm using EasyVent to edit dialogue in cutscenes, and want to view the cutscene once I save to the EVT without having to play all the way to that point. For context, I was initially going mission by mission using save states at every single one to do this, and I ended up losing my save states and have to start over. Sorry if this is actually super easy and I just didnt find how to do it in the pinned stuff.
Pages 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10