• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:06:27 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena Team Battle

Started by formerdeathcorps, November 19, 2014, 10:25:21 am

The Damned

March 29, 2015, 04:20:19 am #40 Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:25:48 am by The Damned
(*raise hand*)

I guess I should make a note about Two Swords in the Mime post as well though even though it's suppose to be about Mimes changed.

Anyway, I'm a bit...unsure about how edits are supposed to work. Are we re-running these with edits after the current Round Robin is done? Or are the edits supposed to be for the current Round Robin? I'm guessing it's the latter, but...yeah.

Regardless, I made a change to Shamanness just in case:

Shamanness
Female
Gemini
Wizard
White Magic

Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Faith Rod

Golden Hairpin
Light Robe
Defense Ring

Nether Bolt, Frog, Death
Cure, Raise 2, Esuna

Oh, whoops. I forgot to comment on the last matches:

The Mime is probably one the best team that he could be, really, even if it's on the team that only has one revival and even though Kagesougi is useless on it...outside of waking up Sleepers without causing damage apparently. Not much else to say about this team.

I honestly kind of expected us to lose this due to the lack of status negation, but Petrify missed all of its time and Death, Flare and Axe OHKOs didn't. Dispel Magic was actually decently useful too without having to compete in a losing battle against Masamune too.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Kurosabes

If the edit thing is still going by the original post, I'm sure my team would agree my unit is easily the least effective of the team. The Lancer can dish out huge, unavoidable Jumps, the Thief has Charm, revival, and Petrify procs from his swords, and the Mime syncs great with the Thief with his Two Swords ability. All my unit does is miss arrow shots, which do not deal enough damage anyway even if they do hit, and gets quickly disposed of due to low HP and status vulnerability.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Reks

Okay, I made a few edits to him. Good to go now.

Gray
Male
Cancer
Squire
Talk Skill
Dragon Spirit
Unyielding
Move-HP UP
Tactician's Blade
Aegis Shield
Thief Hat
Brigandine
Cherche

Heal, Wish
Blackmail, Mimic Daravon

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

ShadowDragon15

OHKOers is a fine name to me. I'm happy with the team, the only flaw I see is my wizard not having MP restoration. So I'm adding that now. Pilgrimage isn't gonna help much in a 5 min match anyways, right?

Just in case, here's my edit as well.

Serena
FEMALE
Virgo
Wizard
Summon Magic
MA Save
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Wizard Rod
Holy Miter
Robe Of Lords
Reflect Ring
Flare
Carbuncle, Moogle, Fairy
Strategy is just magical.

TrueLight

Sorry about the confusion with edits. Pretty much each team is only allowed one edit for the entire minigame. It seems each team has used up their edit now.

FFT Arena 1.39C [Minigame] - Team One vs. Team Four (OHKOers)

Team Two vs. Team Three will be up sometime tomorrow.

Shintroy

Not like this.
Not like this
Some day my people will be free.

Kurosabes

Round 1
RNG was on our side I suppose. Not like Team 4 relies on that anyway

Round 2
Not even close, Team Four decimated on this small map.

Round 3
Well, that mimic Raise was a really terrible sync, could've cost us the whole match. Ultimately the AoE addition earned us a victory.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Barren

So far ultimately me including the scholar was the right choice all things considered. It all came down to quake cutting off any resurrection loop until it was over
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

April 01, 2015, 06:12:05 pm #48 Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 09:37:24 pm by TrueLight
FFT Arena 1.39C [Minigame] - Team Two vs. Team Three

Team One: 2-1 (5-3)
Team Four: 2-1 (5-3)
Team Two: 2-1 (5-3)
Team Three: 0-3 (1-6)

Since Team Four beat Team Two 2-0, they win the tiebreaker over Team Two. Team One beating Team Four gives them the tiebreaker over Team Four.

Semifinals will be:
Team One vs. Team Three
Team Four vs. Team Two

Elmdork

Great job, TL! Odd thing to note: I don't think a single team breaks the 2 item/ability rule for standard. Also, the team w/l average probably couldn't be any closer. Thanks RNG!

Well... that happened. Tornado/quake op?

Great touch ups to your squire, reks! Went from guaranteed first death to not dying at all, that was our biggest issue and now we got a bit of synergy on our side. A bit. Status stacks were nice, frog/petrify/don't act does stuff. People give Hartman a hard time cuz he's a little slow (and he has 7spd) but he's always there to chuck a potion when you need him. Good ol' Hartman. Dunno what to say to malroth except "holy crap I can't believe that worked"

The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Malroth

Was Kali Really that strange of a Unit? She seemed perfectly logical to me for reasons I can explain.

I Started with the concept of A Pilgrimage  Frog/Death unit to take advantage of the eventual 90% Frog chance and 75% Death vs enemy Neutral compat 40 Faith Units,  Since I Was running a Magic user without Access to Move MP up, I needed a Secondary Capable of Handling Mana Recovery and Item seemed the Best choice.  Black magic Chemist was chosen over Item Blackmage due to better HP, Speed and the Free Innate Item throw.   Since MP was tight I equipped Golden Hairpin, Main Gauche Is a No brainer on a Non weapon Chemist. Since I was running Pilgrimage and had no viable tank options, i decided to go with Cursed ring/Black costume instead since at 10 speed i wouldn't stay dead for very long and An enemy 8 White mage would waste almost half their turns exploiting my unavoidable Raise 2 vunerability.

reinoe

I'm really shocked at how useless my mediator turned out to be the entire tournament.  Ditch Kiyomori for death sentence?  Not that it matters, my talk skills were never hitting unless I got charmed and used it against my own team.
My dreams can come true!

Elmdork

Thanks again for running this TL! Don't think I haven't noticed the audio, that version of Terra's theme was particularly nice. Excellent quality as always.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Jumza

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on April 15, 2015, 07:26:23 pm
Thanks again for running this TL! Don't think I haven't noticed the audio

Love me some Tales of Symphonia music, especially since it was in my teams video :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Barren

All right team! We did it. That switch I made for our team really paid off in the end. Even though this was still a team effort I'm glad that I am finally an AI tournament winner even if its not a season tourney. Didnt think we would perform a clean sweep considering that it was a lot more than quake that did the trick. GG to every participant in the mini game. It was fun. Thanks TrueLight for doing this
You dare cross blades with me?

CT5Holy

Thanks TrueLight!

Barren's Scholar MVP =P
Although this match not too much Raise 2ing necessary, which let us constantly apply pressure. 65% Charms were good for us, HP Restore never triggering was bad for them. 70+ Faith on Chemist was a huge liability too cause Barren went for Big Damage Quakes :D
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Jumza

We got stomped  :shock:
I feel our team really would have had it if that scholar hadn't been added in :P But that one unit really turned that team around. Maybe we should have been a bit more careful with our edits, haha. GG guys, congratulations on the win!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.