• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:29:50 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Arena SCC Tourney Registration

Started by Barren, July 22, 2015, 05:36:15 pm

silentkaster

I may Barren. I can't decide defensive, offensive, status, stall...monks possess a little bit of all those but not huge in any one of them. So I may need a few tips.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Anima Zero

Quote from: silentkaster on August 04, 2015, 06:02:59 pm
Wow, Monks are a good class but hard to make an entire team of them that perform well. Very very hard, but still working at it!!

I know the feeling sir.  Took me some time to come up with a Lancer team that feels like it's as good as it'll get within the rules of the tourney, heh.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Mudvayne

August 05, 2015, 12:17:12 am #62 Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:23:48 am by Mudvayne
@Silentkaster: Equip polearm is great for a fast monk using javelin. Could also go Obelisk for +2 PA (? was is this one) and maybe do jumps or something. Equip heavy blade with the Ragnarock and the other knight sword I can't remember that add either protect or shell for a super tanky grand cross monk? Female monks with time mage work well. Equip range monk with a gun or bow with snipe for long range disables with arm/leg aim and long range breaks. Two swords monk with FS Bag for +2 PA and H Bag for +1 speed and then kagesougi? Or also snipe for double arm aim/breaks.... Lots of ideas man. You'll find something that works for you.

Are you trying to keep it to 2 male 2 female? 4 male? Or what?

Shintroy

Ninjitsu-ton, Shuriken, Jump, Gastrophetes, Houkoton, Asura, Chaos Blade.... You can probably go with both an FS and H bag monk, with two equip X monks. No idea what you'll do for a caster though. Asura and Masamune sounds like a plan though. Regen sounds like a must if you'll have weak revival abillities.
Still haven't started my Samurai team. Going to post back here later today with a finished team. Hard to know where I'm at without knowing where the competition is at.
Going with a caster team named "Four Swords"
Still haven't figured out how to make Murasame and Distribute work.
Even though I fully heal two units with distribute and Murasame, at 8 or 10 speed with haste,  it's not enough.
Some day my people will be free.

Barren

There are also equip armor monks that can be tanky if you build them right. Like low brave/faith with auto protect/shell and lots of status immunity. Of course their only means of offense would be status such as secret fist. Whatever secondary that is defensive or status can also compliment that high HP monks. Caster monks can be interesting as well like monks with equip armor and time magic. Demi 2 or Balance can be the tricks up their sleeves :P
You dare cross blades with me?

DARKANGELUXZ

sorry
which it is the patch
  and generator memory for this tournament?

Barren

Quote from: DARKANGELUXZ on August 05, 2015, 09:37:18 am
sorry
which it is the patch
  and generator memory for this tournament?

We are still on 1.39c

silentkaster

Yeah some interesting ideas you guys gave me. Thanks everyone for the ideas. I'm gonna do my best. Hopefully it turns out alright!!

Mudvayne

Quote from: Shintroy on August 05, 2015, 02:57:46 am
Ninjitsu-ton, Shuriken, Jump, Gastrophetes, Houkoton, Asura, Chaos Blade.... You can probably go with both an FS and H bag monk, with two equip X monks. No idea what you'll do for a caster though. Asura and Masamune sounds like a plan though. Regen sounds like a must if you'll have weak revival abillities.
Still haven't started my Samurai team. Going to post back here later today with a finished team. Hard to know where I'm at without knowing where the competition is at.
Going with a caster team named "Four Swords"
Still haven't figured out how to make Murasame and Distribute work.
Even though I fully heal two units with distribute and Murasame, at 8 or 10 speed with haste,  it's not enough.

For samurai I didn't personally care for 4 caster units. I don't think it will work [for me].
I had 2 male and 2 female and that worked pretty well for a while. I decided to change one of my male samurai for another female though simply because I couldn't find a good role for the second male samurai to fill. With the 1x item restriction and all.. I love it for versatility though because it causes everyone to think outside the box when building teams.
Still doing some tweaking on my team currently but when you're done send me what you have and I'll send you my most current and updated version so we can compare/contrast.

Vigilanti

Just submitted my team. Glad there's more room left :P

Dragonblade

This should be a fun tourney. The rules are interesting this time around!

CT5Holy

oooook once again going in with one test match, and that test match didn't even give me data on what I wanted to see >_>

This was fun though! My ideas dried up surprisingly quickly. Hope they do ok. Curious to see how you built your team, Lakitu!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Reks

I actually almost forgot about this.

*proceeds to slam a team together in a manner of a supercollider*
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Heroebal

I think I have my bard crew pretty much set, just a matter of what counters I want to utilize. I have been attempting to work them through each class using the scc rules. They've done alright through squires/thieves/samurais/ninjas/lancers/priests, they've had trouble against mediators/archers. Currently they're in a never ending battle with a full paladin squad similar to Headhunters. I think paladins might end up taking it they're just out tanking/healing damage inflicted via bards and the paladins are starting box out individual bards .

Lakitu673

Quote from: CT5Holy on August 06, 2015, 02:53:26 pm
Curious to see how you built your team, Lakitu!

Well I'm not entirely sure how effective my team is going to be but I have a couple of builds atypical of priest. We'll see how it goes.

silentkaster

I submitted my team to Barren, but if anyone, including Barren wants to run a video with them to see how they do and offer some pointers or tips on things I can improve or do better with...I wouldn't mind. We only have a few days so if nobody has time, I understand.

gatebuster202

Silent, PM your comp and I'll put it up against my krew. I have time tomorrow and was planning on doing two or three vids before eventing tomorrow. It probably won't have commentary and just some FF7/Black Mages Music. But still, practice for me and vids for you!
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Barren

August 07, 2015, 07:54:05 am #77 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:36:20 am by Barren
For those who haven't submitted their teams yet, there are three days left. Make haste everyone!

Also I do need two more volunteers to help host. At least for the loser's bracket.

Corosar

Just a question but who has submitted a team at the moment?
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Barren

If you go to the first page of this topic you'll see a list I made