• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Which version is better? Complete or FFT+?

Started by Avatar_State, October 16, 2011, 08:06:07 pm

October 16, 2011, 08:06:07 pm Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 08:14:15 pm by Avatar_State
I'm just going to leave this here.

Eternal

FFT Complete only changes the in-game text to match WotL. FFT+ uses Vanilla text, but is rebalanced and is slightly more difficult.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

is it possible for me to combine both patches into one?

Eternal

There isn't a version that combines both yet, sadly. :(
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

October 17, 2011, 02:45:28 pm #4 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:46:08 pm by Avatar_State
what if I just ran the FFT+ patch over the Complete patch?  

Edit: Actually, I think I'm gonna try that...

Eternal

That would undo the script changes to the PSX script, I think. Also, try not to patch one patch on top of another. It can cause some pretty severe bugs. If you have any questions/comments, come onto IRC!

Yea, it was all good until the battle started.  Ramza became Angel of Death!   hahaha

Cheetah

October 17, 2011, 03:54:00 pm #7 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:54:40 pm by Cheetah
Alternatively you could try FFT1.3 easy type or Parted Ways patches. Both have increased difficulty or new gameplay and have the WotL script incorporated.
Current Projects: