• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:44:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Found a bug with Perform + Vanish

Started by DaveSW, November 22, 2010, 10:51:41 am

DaveSW

I was wondering if this has been documented anywhere on the site, but I found a bug that involves the Dancer not using the Vanish reaction while she is performing.  The bug only occurs when she is actually dancing, so when she is in critical HP and crouching, she will use Vanish normally.  I haven't tested this further, or whether this happens with Bards too, but I am pretty sure this bug did not occur in the PSX version of FFT.

I think it might have been intentional, however, and the bug is that Vanish still works at critical HP, after all, a Dancer using the damage dealing dance that is invisible will win every fight without ever being attacked.
I am awesome.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Sunken State, right?  It activates on HP Damage, not Critical status on the PS1.  Maybe SE added Critical as a requisite for WOTL.

st4rw4k3r

December 28, 2010, 03:56:17 pm #2 Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:57:42 pm by st4rw4k3r
Nope in WotL its Hp damage.

I use Dancers a lot, I never thought to give them Sunken State. I'll test it out and see the bug your talking about.

formerdeathcorps

April 12, 2011, 05:22:48 am #3 Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:39:22 am by formerdeathcorps
That sounds like bad coding to me.  It's probably something like this (if it's only limited to Dancer/Bard and is intentional):

Section on either writing the reaction to unit RAM or actually activating it
    stuff    

If HP is critical, goto the section detailing critical reactions (improper ordering...this and following check underneath should be switched)
    ELSE If Charging or Performing, cancel Transparent and any reaction/ability (checks this by checking only sunken state's slot...i.e. hard-coding) granting it (if accidental...this check would obviously be deleted)
    more checks

normal reactions
    Exit Section

Critical HP reactions
    Exit Section

Set stuff to 0 if no reaction activated
    Exit Section
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.