• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:26:25 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Thieves' Fort/Golgorand: Can they be made useful?

Started by Sterling LaVaughn, June 26, 2012, 04:06:16 am

Sterling LaVaughn

Search got nothing, so onwards!

These are the only ones that connect to a green dot and nothing else. There's zero reason to revisit them aside from deliberately getting into specific fights at Mandalia and B Valley. Even worse, the rare battles got dumped on those paths.

Zeakden/Bethla/Murond are at least stepping stones, and Nelveska ain't hurtin' nobody with no green neighbors. But these two are perfectly good wastes of content.

I figure the best solution would be one of the following:

A) Turn these locations (and possibly the other empty blues) into Deep Dungeon-like spots where you can revisit old story maps from a menu.

B) Redirect most or all of the ENTDs from those paths to somewhere else.

I don't know how to do either, but I'm guessing the first one is easier given all the world map/event editing stuff going around. And either my Google Fu sucks or nobody's really cracked the green ENTD selection stuff. So basically, Option A looks way better.

How feasible are those options, anyway?

3lric

Both of these things can be done, tho not the way you are thinking. if no one explains before i get out of work thn I will elaborate more on this
  • Modding version: PSX

Pride

Well I'd suggest creating new battles that can be fought at those locations or just erasing them off the map if they annoy you that much =P The first one obviously entails event editing, world map editing, etc. so it'd be more work but more rewarding or the second option is just adding four new lines to events which is simple.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Sterling LaVaughn

Anything except cutting the paths is good in my book. And yeah, the idea was to have new fights, preferably something that'd justify occasional visits. The real question is how many can I cram in one spot?