• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:10:23 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Ripping sound effect

Started by calciferrr, July 15, 2017, 05:06:52 pm

calciferrr

Hello all!

I just had a quick question involving Agrias and her skill Judgement Blade, which the sound effect I love SO much. I was interested in and really wanted to rip that sound clean and make it a text tone on my phone lol, but after perusing this website and google I couldnt find it in a sound bank of some sorts anywhere. Just wanted to know what the easiest way of dissecting the game so I can either record/pull out that sound effect is? I tried recently patching my PSP version of the game to shut off the ingame music but that didnt go so well lol.

Also I am wanting the War of the Lions version of the sound, not the PSX version. Thanks for any help that anyone offers!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Angel

So, you want the hideously distorted from slowdown PSP version? Just making sure, because that's like asking for an MP3 ripped from a CD that skips from being scratched across pavement.

Or, do you want the official fixed version, which is played too fast and also broken?

Or, do you want the proper slowdown fix version, which is actually identical to PSX?

No matter the case, the solution involves event editing, and either male to male mini aux to a computer, or recording directly from PPSSPP.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

calciferrr

Haha, the version I want is this one https://youtu.be/P1PnbuavER4?t=12m7s

Gotcha, so I think I was on the right track the first time I just fucked up patching the game. Really all I was looking for! Thanks.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown