• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:32 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ FFT Arena♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ AI Tournament Season 4 ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

Started by Barren, June 11, 2015, 08:36:46 am

Barren

And thank you for tuning in :)

I will upload the next two matches tomorrow before I head back to work then it will be TrueLight's turn.

Any predictions on those matches?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Quote from: Barren on June 13, 2015, 07:00:27 pm
And thank you for tuning in :)

I will upload the next two matches tomorrow before I head back to work then it will be TrueLight's turn.

Any predictions on those matches?

Heroebal has the speed advantage, but some of his units cannot directly injure mine, and his Dancer is vulnerable to Fire.

I can only foresee the match swinging in favor of who forces sandbagging first
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Corosar

Today's matches were interesting to see.... honestly thought red would have lost after that first round... but there are always surprises good luck to everyone in the next round.... and honestly... i am getting more and more nervous as my turn approaches.... can't wait for more!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Shintroy

Reks
Sqr/Nin - 15 PA Ton Squire with 3 Absorbs
Geo/Sam - 22 MA Draw Outs. 170 HP Murasame
Wiz/Smn - Nethers/Loads of Summons. Short Charge
Geo/Whm Support/Anti Sandbag Geo. No strengthen elements.

Hero
Dnc/Mnk -10 SP, 25 PA, Weak vs Fire
Rng/Sqr - Concentrate, Windslash Bow, No damage vs defense ring/wind absorb
Chm/Sam - Mith Gun makes her unlikely to use Draw Out
Mnk/Lnc - Weak vs fire. Choice Band.

Team does damage and has decent range. Two units weak against fire though.

Reks has a huge advantage since he has a unit that will easily OHKO the cursed ring units and his Wizard can't be damaged by that archer. Neither team has Haste/Slow outside of Masamune so this well come down to who whether or not Hero is able to keep Reks on the defensive.
2-0 Reks. Less than 5 minutes of gameplay

Dol
Chm/Med - Has Solution and 3 Elemental Absorb
Mnk/Nin - Gastrafitis +Houkouton
Tim/Whm - No Cures. Sink, Stop, disruption with H2 Wall, Raise, Esuna
Sqr/Pld - P.Blade Grand Cross

Truelight
Thf/Chm - 12 Speed, Evasive, Auto Protect, 2 Hands Item Bot. No steal
Med/Draw - Dspirit, Equip Shield, Ignore Height. Magic Evasion 10 SP
Rng/Nin - Romanda Kagesougi/Execute Great anti sandbag build 10 SP
Tim/Whm - Raise 2, slow 2, Stop 10 SP

I think Truelight will win this one due to the Dol's AI randomly going for solution at times. Faster and better built team.

2-0 Truelight. I don't think the squire will get the chance to do anything with all that damage and range flying around on truelight's side.  Dol has a shot on the small map I believe.

Congrats to Andante for being the first to take it 2-0.

So many 2-1 come backs after losing the first game. Congrats to you too RedWorld.

At first I couldn't wait for the tournament to begin. Now I can't wait for it to be over. I don't have the nerves for this waiting.
If I lose on the first map I'm going on vacation

Oh wait Truelight's fighting Epic. I'm the one fighting Dol... This changes everything.
Dol's team looks like an even match up with mine. I have no ranged damage so I'll be open to all of that Houkouton damage.

Epic vs Truelight's going to be weird. I haven't seen Epic's updated team in action. I don't know about the AI and Iron Will.
Some day my people will be free.

Malroth

Reks Vs Herobal
Magic attack Up Nether Magic vs Dark Absorb status attack team.    Both teams are very slow with little healing or revival So I'm thinking Of favoring the team that's actually Specced to deal Damage aka Rek's team  Especially since his opponent has no means of healing His own Undead Units.   40s in bravery and Faith aren't going to deal Herobal Any Favors either.

Jumza

Excellent matches, guys! Thanks for doing matches Barren! And everyone else for helping organize / also recording!

Epic really held his own for awhile against TrueLight in the first round, but having his team split up in the second round did him no favours.

This was awesome to watch. Good job guys, very entertaining matches :)
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Shintroy

High Speed/Evasion Status Team vs Earth Absorb(?)
Since both teams rely on single target damage it will come down to who can out status and out range the other team. Since that's the case Truelight will have the advantage.

R1 - Lots of HP Restore being thrown around in this round. Pretty evenly matched while Epic's hasted. Pretty bad that Epic wasn't able to compete with only half of Truelight's team.

R2 - The last match showed how well Truelight's team did when seperated into twos. Not a chance in beating Truelight's team on this map.

GG. Scary stuff by Truelight. Not a bad first team at all by Epic, just got a bad match up against Truelight in R1. GL in Losers

GJ to Herobal taking Round two.

Good stuff Barren. Looking forward to Truelight's uploads Win or Loss.
Some day my people will be free.

Reks

GG, Heroebal! You had me very nervous there.

... Oh sweet St. Ajora now I have to face Truelight.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

TrueLight

The battle of speed. Scary to think everyone had at least 10 speed in this match. As for the match itself, my Thief being a tad bit faster than all of Epic's unit proved to be vital. More turns for those good two handed slashes. Surprised I won round 2 with my team being split up. GG Epic.

Next match against Reks should be interesting and fun to watch.

Time for me to get started on my videos.

Heroebal

Yeah I did better than I thought there, good match. Looking forward to rest of the match ups.

skiploom188

GUYS...

It's that time of the year again... The stars have aligned.

Rouroni Elmdor VS silentkaster - How it Ended
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgR7Kjjw12k

======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Elmdork

Quote from: skiploom188 on June 15, 2015, 03:24:48 am
GUYS...

It's that time of the year again... The stars have aligned.

Rouroni Elmdor VS silentkaster - How it Ended
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgR7Kjjw12k

Baaaahahahahahahgadhdbsjhgc!

Omfg that was the best thing ever. Thanks so much for putting that together, it was perfect. You got some real talent!

Winner's bracket is filling up, looking forward to the next rounds. Best of luck DW6561! Everybody's got a shot at taking them, I'm relying on mimes after all, and it just so happens everybody with counter magic is standing between me and the finals.. definitely no bueno (for me at least)
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

skiploom188

Wow thanks so much Rouroni. I'm glad you liked my little present. Hmm still no word from silentkaster. He also has a share in this gift.

After making that video, I've grown quite familiar with your team now lol.

I can't eat well because of all the excitement. Especially now that my match is approaching >_<
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

silentkaster

Quote from: skiploom188 on June 15, 2015, 09:45:33 am
Wow thanks so much Rouroni. I'm glad you liked my little present. Hmm still no word from silentkaster. He also has a share in this gift.

After making that video, I've grown quite familiar with your team now lol.

I can't eat well because of all the excitement. Especially now that my match is approaching >_<

Sorry. As most of you know, I recently moved across the country to sunny, warm (and I do mean warm) Florida. I was staying with family but then moved to my new apartment recently. So lots of changes for me and all I've had time to do is watch the videos (listen is more accurate...thankfully for Barren's commentary I can drive my car and listen to the matches and if I need to watch something, I can look when I get to my destination).

Anyway, my poor poor archer. He tried. Cute video!! Though to be honest, Round 2 was so much more epic. I lost that due to his mime stealing the scholar's accessory. A complete one on one was pretty darn awesome. So a video on that would be even more fun to me, though if you don't have time I understand, haha.

Anyway, I believe Mudvayne is taking the first wave of Loser's Bracket videos which, thankfully, helps me out since I don't even have internet hooked up in the apartment yet.

GG Rouroni. Good luck in the rest of your matches.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Mudvayne

Skiploom: That was absolutely awesome, haha.

Silentkaster: Yes I am doing the first wave of matches for the losers bracket. I actually have the first two matches in the losers bracket recorded and edited, just waiting for round 1 of the winners bracket to finish before I upload em.   :mrgreen:

I have no problem doing the next 4-5 matches as well until you get things set up at your new place. Just let me know when things are set up and running and we'll go from there.

Barren

I already PM'd TrueLight about making a playlist for the loser's bracket

Barren

I lost... :(. I wished my ninja went for the arm aim instead of the armor break. That would have helped out. Aw well there's the loser's bracket to make up for it. GG CT5Holy

dw6561

These matches were pretty awesome.

That was epic. A very long and arduous match, impressive. Shintroy, I love how your time mage got stopped by your own mime. Also, I noticed that that undead monk kept dying a lot. Schrodinger's Monk, much?

Faith Rod and petrify is a decent combo. I like how the second round ended with the mediator running around, holding her own for a while until everyone was petrified. That mediator was pretty resilient.

I'm kind of worried about how my team will perform, seeing all of the 10+ speed builds. My team has about 10 speed including haste and that might prove to be a disadvantage. Especially with my squishy Scholar.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.