• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:39:56 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

OLD - Journey of the 5 Demo

Started by 3lric, August 10, 2012, 09:41:05 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

August 15, 2012, 03:44:58 pm #40 Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 03:53:00 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Quote from: Jon on August 15, 2012, 07:15:50 am
Okay, won't change my avatar then.

So I finished the demo and I found the whole experience pretty good. I really like the different intros to the new heroes, and I like how you are using older characters from where the story left off. I have a few suggestions (don't read if you haven't played yet):

- Make a new older Alma sprite to match Ramza's age (since they're about the same)
- In the last sequence maybe have two different sprites for Tsenya and Romar (I think those were their names), they just look like clones with color swaps, if you want twins keep the heads but give different clothes
- Keep the Delita King sprite but make his portrait older according to Ramza
- This is kinda dumb but give one of the four 4 move to mix it up a bit, right now four of them have 3 movement and Snake has like 5
- This is gonna sound harsh but consider cutting the battle with Alma, honestly I found it makes no sense, you're in control of the 5 guys and then suddenly you're given a random team which you have no control over and its literally a 50/50 fight depending on the random set ups

Hope this doesn't come off as harsh, just trying to help you improve the game! :mrgreen: You did a really awesome job thus far, keep it up!

->Only approximately 1 year has passed.  Ramza merely grew a beard.  Beards have a tendency to make you look much older than you actually are and more difficult to recognize.  Unless we make this FFT - Beard Edition no one else is going to look that much older.
->Tesnya and Romar are identical twins.  Them being palette-swaps of the same sprite is completely intentional.
->Link and Ramza both have 4 Move... Dante and Cloud have 3, Snake has 5.
->I know you've never played the PSP version of FFT but the Alma battle is in the same vein as battles in the PSP where you change over to a party of Delita and Ovelia for various asides.  This fight's rough but most combinations are winnable.  It'll probably be a bit easier in the final release though because I had to shuffle some numbers around for other reasons.

Kokojo

My walktrought or so :P

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

zaiahboy21

yeah really, why are ya taking everything so literal??? Too funny lol, pop a chill pill and work on your comprehension skills. It was a great demo and i have no doubt that the completed chapter 1 will be epic, it just seemed a little short but i realize that it was only the introduction.   

MountainDew~

I thought the Alma battle was actually really well done. As long as you made sure Alma didn't die, you had a source of revival. If she died, you had 4 turns to win that battle, or else it was game over. It was probably my favorite battle in the demo, tbh.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Heat066

This is really amazing and original, except for one thing I do agree with Dome that Ramza's portrait should be changed, because in comparison with Delita he looks like he's on his 40-50, just a suggestion, even so amazing work.

Joseph Strife

Quote from: MountainDew~ on August 16, 2012, 02:56:12 pm
I thought the Alma battle was actually really well done. As long as you made sure Alma didn't die, you had a source of revival. If she died, you had 4 turns to win that battle, or else it was game over. It was probably my favorite battle in the demo, tbh.

Alma is imortal flagged (at least in my Demo). So basically you can keep on fighting even if she dies.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

RavenOfRazgriz

Ramza's meant to look older and different.  He's incognito.

Basically, Heat, you're saying everything is working more or less exactly as intended.  Heh.

And yes, all the units in the third battle are Immortal Flagged.  Every unit in the demo except the enemies in the patrol on the second battle.

Heat066

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on August 16, 2012, 07:12:38 pm
Ramza's meant to look older and different.  He's incognito.

Basically, Heat, you're saying everything is working more or less exactly as intended.  Heh.

And yes, all the units in the third battle are Immortal Flagged.  Every unit in the demo except the enemies in the patrol on the second battle.
If I understood well, what you mean is that he won't wear the beard for all the game? if so then i can bear it, because, honestly the beard doesn't suits him...

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Heat066 on August 16, 2012, 09:26:01 pm
If I understood well, what you mean is that he won't wear the beard for all the game? if so then i can bear it, because, honestly the beard doesn't suits him...

He doesn't sound like a man at all, anything that goes this way don't fit him.
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

RavenOfRazgriz

Will Ramza lose his beard?  That I'm not at liberty to discuss.  I'm just pointing out that what you mentioned was the exact intent, Ramza's meant to look noticeably different and much older because people aren't meant to be able to tell who it is at a glance or from the wanted posters of him back during the Lion War.  His disguise wouldn't go very well if he looked the same minus a monocle or something, it's not like he's Clark Kent after all...

Jon

Will there be a world map where you can train the 5 in random battles?
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Joseph Strife

Dome asked the same thing some posts ago in this same topic.
World map will be there for you guys to explore, andbelieve me, you will find lot of things. :D

Taichii

Quote from: Joseph Strife on August 17, 2012, 12:19:01 pm
World map will be there for you guys to explore, andbelieve me, you will find lot of things. :D

unique and very exciting things indeed XD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Barren

130+ views now! and the video is not even a week old! I guess people are really psyched about this patch Elric :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Joseph Strife

Smitson

Played it and it took about an hour, my favorite battle was probably the 2nd one that was the only one I almost got beaten in. I was left with Link against one of the Rangers and we both ran around collecting the crystals to prolong our lives. One of the few things on this board I've been interested in, in a long time and I'm very curious to see where it goes. Good luck, and excited for Chapter one!

Xifanie

Speedyshare now requires you to buy an account to download the file... so for now, here's a link on my dropbox: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89448064/Jot5Demo.7z
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

Thanx Xif, I will update the OP
  • Modding version: PSX

Hollabackjm

This demo is amazing!  I just found this site and am loving every minute of these projects. I played it through last night on my phone with no problems.  10/10 can't wait for the rest of chapter 1.  Thanks!

MiKeMiTchi

Hollabackjm, Welcome to FFH!
There's a lot more in store for the rest of the chapter so let us stay tuned for its release. ;)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi