• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:13:21 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Job Explinations

Started by SentinalBlade, November 19, 2008, 11:51:25 am

SentinalBlade

November 19, 2008, 11:51:25 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Alright so here is the deal with the new jobs

Each one revolves around a unique mechanic, and here i will give a slight insight into what each of them is and the purpose of every job.

WeaponsMaster - Versatility. To equip nearly everything is a blessing, and the growths arent bad at all.

Ballista - Weapon Range Attacks. Although these are mainly useless unless youve got a gun or bow, they retain their strength when used with said weapons. Most of the status effects are speed based.

Rune Grapher - Their damage is made on Speed and Magic Attack. Their status and damage varies greatly when their stats change. think of it like the vanilla geomancer

Spell Blade - The current premise behidn this class is to have a varying range and area of effects that deal weapon damage and have a chance to cast another spell.

Shaman - This is nearly my favorite class because of its uniqueness. Powerful late game, this class can remove buffs and deal damage at the same time, or remove debuffs and heal at the same time.

Elementalist - Just like its name implies, this class relies on the various elemental weaknesses of the items and monsters found in the game to deal massive damage.

PainBreaker - To heal is great. To auto regen and have powerfull attacks that unfortunatly damage self is a blessing...? =)

BloodMancer - Deals in % damage, as well as current HP and target HP attacks.

Lore Master - Large AOE status effects or damage/heals.

Fear Monger - A Twist on my old Necromancer, this guy deals in dark damage and inflicting weird status effects, such as chicken.

Arch Mage - A willy old fool who's spells have a chance to fire off twice or more and inflict status on each cast.

Amplifier - Perservering Status increments to allies

There is still room for Bard, Dancer, And Special units, please make a topic of you have a suggestion :D

Vanya

November 19, 2008, 01:36:30 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Shaman - Shaman are supposed to basically be spirit users, Are you planning to use the Mystic's spell effects for this one?

PainBreaker - Similar to my concept for Riskbreaker.

BloodMancer - Blood Mage or maybe something using sanguis...

Arch Mage - That's basically what I had in mind for  Rapha & Malak. Could be called Wild Mage if you want them to not necessarily be old.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

SentinalBlade

November 19, 2008, 08:01:14 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Arch mage is mainly going to get an olderl ooking sprite when i find the time to make one.

Shamans right now are using most of those effects, yes.

Bloodmancer... Hemamancer is actually an old aztec word, but not many would take note of that or even realize what it means. plus mancer just sounds cool no matter what you pair it with.

painbreaker....are you saying my ideas arent unique? ;D

Lydyn

November 19, 2008, 09:25:25 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "SentinalBlade"....are you saying my ideas arent unique? ;D

Yes, yes we are. :P

Vanya

November 19, 2008, 10:23:24 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Great minds think alike! ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zuka

December 20, 2008, 07:47:27 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
So do minds like ours ^^