• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:24:46 am

FFTacText help!

Started by ShadowSkyle, March 18, 2012, 09:34:32 pm

ShadowSkyle

March 18, 2012, 09:34:32 pm Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:11:00 am by ShadowSkyle
Alright, so I made a whole bunch of new jobs. Edited the Job names, job descriptions, skillset names, skillset descriptions, etc. As far as I can tell, everything in TacText is just the way I want. However, The skillset names in the game (When setting a character's skills) do not match what they should be. I still see Battle Skill, Charge, etc, even though they're not in my game anymore. Thoughts?

Pride

Did you edit the quick edit at the bottom of the program?
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

ShadowSkyle

Yes. And then I went through each page to make sure all accounts of the skillset names was correct.

Eternal

Are you loading a savestate?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Celdia

If you're willing to have your work seen before you actually release a patch, you could also post your .fftactext file up here with some notes about the changes and someone could take a look at it.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

ShadowSkyle

Eternal, I believe I was. I thought I was playing a game started after my last FFTacText patch, but it appears I wasn't, since a new game had the correct data. Thanks.