• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:09:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTacText Editor Error

Started by Genesis, April 05, 2014, 01:44:09 am

Genesis

"DTE for BOOT.BIN 5 failed.
The ISO has NOT been modified."

The error I get when trying to patch my WOTL iso. How do I fix it?
Under BOOT.BIN 5 header it's dismissal quotes. It has been unaltered.

How do I fix it to apply my patch?
You're an idiot. Don't blame me; Blame yourself, or God.

"Of course...I'll come back to you. Even if you don't promise to wait. I'll return knowing you'll be here."
--Loveless

Xifanie

Have you tried with FFTactext .457? It's the recommended version for WotL AFAIK.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Genesis

April 05, 2014, 12:50:42 pm #2 Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:39:22 pm by Genesis
Quote from: Xifanie on April 05, 2014, 10:24:43 am
Have you tried with FFTactext .457? It's the recommended version for WotL AFAIK.

Which packet is that version of FFTacText in?

As I can only find versions of it labelled 0.478 and 0.482

[Update]
Downloaded all available versions of FFTacText (none being labelled .457), and all encountered the same issue.

[Update 2]
Opening an a fresh PSP patch and attempting to patch without altering it still encounters the same issue..Not sure what to do here. Is FFTacText not up to snuf when it comes to WOTL patches?
You're an idiot. Don't blame me; Blame yourself, or God.

"Of course...I'll come back to you. Even if you don't promise to wait. I'll return knowing you'll be here."
--Loveless