• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Leif1991

Are we doing the JP limit still? Are we also doing the one unique item per unit rule too? Also, will there be an updated excel team builder sheet?
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Barren

Right now are doing the JP limit like normal
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Leif1991

Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Reks

Quote from: Leif1991 on October 05, 2014, 04:26:05 pm
So the 3000 JP cap right?

That was for the purposes of the tourney only. The normal 3000 JP cap is correct.

Quote from: Barren on October 05, 2014, 09:55:11 am
Everyone update your teams to current 1.39 version if you haven't done so already. I can do some matches tuesday night for anyone who wants their new team(s) tested

Will do.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Reks

Double post because redundancy, Severe Weather Alert has been revived.

A few redundant things, on them, but I'll fix them later. JP may be a bit wonky, so if it goes over just cut out the least useful ability, as I won't have the time to change them over the next few days.

Huzzah night shift.

Eternal

Requesting a video featuring my new Arena team, the Testy Mime Team!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Reks

Severe Weather Alert has been re-updated because I am an idiot was half asleep at the time

FFMaster

Pretty angry teams overall. Don't know why Shintroy's team was so defensive round 1. I know the Ninja was because he had Item skillset though.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Shintroy

Quote from: FFMaster on October 08, 2014, 06:37:44 pm
Pretty angry teams overall. Don't know why Shintroy's team was so defensive round 1. I know the Ninja was because he had Item skillset though.

I don't know why, but even in 138, the team will not attack a unit unless its don't act or sleeping. Only happens when another unit with don't act or sleep is next and there's a speed or unit advantage. It fits the theme and it is only a problem when its against low faith, and projectile guard units. So many wasted turns.
Some day my people will be free.

Dokurider

This was quite the enlightening match for me and fdc, particularly into the new metagame aspects of Oil. "Hey Phoenix Blader, enjoy not having Grand Cross now. Love, Hawk's Eye. P.S. F U Map Loring bastard." Yeah Oil has become an excellent way of hard countering Absorb teams now. And man, did Magic Guns get beat with the nerf stick. Poor Reks is probably going to have to restructure his team. He's having big trouble attacking safely and defending his team in turn.

Defense Ring + 5 Move + Enemy Wind/Lightning Bow = Looong match

silentkaster

Thanks Barren for the videos!

I love that my matches are always so delightfully derpy! I'm gonna change something on that team and test it out...similar but TM no longer a TM.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

TrueLight

Goodbye Arena 1.38D, thanks for the memories. Anyways, here's my first video of the new patch.

FFT Arena 1.39B - Silentkaster (Cursed Ring Fun) vs. Otabo (Autumn's Embrace)
  • Modding version: PSX

Otabo

Hmm. Both maps favored his team. That, plus my team was derpy anyway; barely any Grand Crosses, not much dancing (not that Slow Dance would have helped, anyway), and barely any status from the priest. Cures instead of Raises on the undead scholar; WTF, AI? Anyway, monk dealt nice solid damage, but he never got the help he desperately needed. New Cure sucks when ran on a Short Charge priest. Noted. GG.

Reks

Quote from: Dokurider on October 08, 2014, 08:40:20 pm
This was quite the enlightening match for me and fdc, particularly into the new metagame aspects of Oil. "Hey Phoenix Blader, enjoy not having Grand Cross now. Love, Hawk's Eye. P.S. F U Map Loring bastard." Yeah Oil has become an excellent way of hard countering Absorb teams now. And man, did Magic Guns get beat with the nerf stick. Poor Reks is probably going to have to restructure his team. He's having big trouble attacking safely and defending his team in turn.

Defense Ring + 5 Move + Enemy Wind/Lightning Bow = Looong match

Yeah, I'll have to. Not sure just what I'm going to do with them, though :/

Well, I have a few ideas. I'll work them out and probably have an updated SWA by the time I leave for work tomorrow.

EDIT: Err, today. Keep getting time mixed up in my head. Damn night schedule.

silentkaster

Thanks TrueLight for the video!!

Scholar performed exactly as I wanted her to...even though with the constant low percentage misses the first round she wasn't performing too well. I love two handed sticks and will probably continue to experiment with them. GG Otabo.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

Well round 3 was super long. So much RNG funsies going on with all the hits and misses. But hey at least now I know that you can re-inflict sleep with the air knife on a sleeping unit. GG Anima, you have a good earth absorb team.
You dare cross blades with me?

Anima Zero

Well now, that was a pretty fun match to watch, especially the long as hell 3rd round.  So much going back and forth there.  Just wish those Fairy castings didn't whiff as much, heh. 

Nicely done there sir and thanks for the kind words.  I don't think I really need to change much besides some slight zodiac change ups and it'll be good.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4