• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:20:52 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Pride's ASM Thread (MP Switch overflow damages HP)

Started by Pride, April 04, 2011, 07:12:17 am

Shade

Quote from: Pride on June 27, 2011, 06:43:58 pm
I have this already documented in my thread but I can update my .xml to include a formula 42 that uses PA * WP + Y.

All in all pretty easy but I have a few questions....

For the formulas that take MA over PA... Do you want them to also take magical evasion, shell, Magic Defense Up, etc. rather then Attack Up, Defense Up, Protect, etc.

And I forgot about your request LD. I'll do it before I begin on any of Shade's.

1E is only one that I want to have Magic Defense up and anothers, other formula's physical.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Pride

Quote from: LastingDawn on May 12, 2011, 02:30:04 pm
Great work here Pride! I was wondering if I could make two requests... I was wondering if you could replace Formula 4E (MA * Y) into (MA * Y) (Hit = MA+X%)? Razele tried to make this long ago, but his hack doesn't appear to do any thing. I was wondering if you could take a look at it?

Also I was wondering if you could make items not look at a "Z" value but normal X's and Y's? This would increase item versatility by a ton and I'm sure would be helpful to others as well.

This is the asm correct?

If the hit % is based off of MA + X... The actual move power won't get any boost from Magic Attack Up, and other things that would normally boost or decrease the moves power.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

LastingDawn

That's perfectly fine with me. The skills are pretty much tailor made for a certain class anyhow and outside of that it would only be used for quick kills or an attempt at status ailments.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

RavenOfRazgriz

I modified the Job Defense Boost ASM Spreadsheet.  The Macros were making it glitch out for a number of users (including Pride himself) so I rigged it to work without them and added some reminder text on top for the user on how the math is performed.

The Damned

(Sigh, this just reminds me that I really have to update the first post of my thread among other things.)

Ah, good to see that the White Wind ASM wasn't imagined even though originally I had planned not to use it. "Funny" how things (don't) work out.

More "humorous" is the coincidental (and new?) change to formula 28 that is basically exactly what I wanted for a couple of skills. Guess I'll have to pilfer that alongside the Work changes, the Untruth fix and the White Wind one. Preemptive thanks.

Speaking of pilfering, that "Mist" status idea seems rather "nifty". I might just use that for Wall's replacement, at least in the interim period given you know what I want to do. However, I want to point out that RavenofRazgriz informed me that the Wall-related hack of FFMaster you cite doesn't apparently since it's more an AI issue than...whatever.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Pride

I've tested FFMaster's Wall ASM and it appeared to be working just fine.

The Damned

(Forgot to say that I'm of course going to use Formula 11 as well. Thanks again for that.)

Oh, hunh. Maybe that was just with regards to Razele's hack for some reason then. Hmmm...perhaps RavenofRazgriz will explain what happened to him (if it was even him) since I might be remembering it incorrectly.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

The Damned

(Just to clarify, since I still know nothing about coding, I ask for confirmation about the formula 2D change. If I wanted to make it, say, 80% of normal damage, I'd just need to make XX = 08 and ZZ = 0A, correct?)

Hmmm...I could have sworn that I asked this last night, but perhaps I only considered asking it and then flaked out given that I'd feel rather guilty over asking while still not being able to code; that or my sloth prevented me while slowly working on something else.

However, I suppose I'll just ask now since I'd end up asking your permission to modify it even if I knew how to code: Would it be troublesome to ask for a Mist formula that only regenerated 1/8 of MP instead of 1/4 MP? Or that at least showed/explained what I'd have to change to essentially halve the rate of MP restoration?

1/4 MP each turn is way too much for what I want to use it for, especially given that I want to use it to "fix" something if I can.

Regardless, thanks in advance.

Pride

That would be correct about formula 2D...

And very easy to change it from 1/4 to 1/8

0x000F6EBC
5B000392
2E000296
1980033C
902D638C
C2100200
0A0062A4
250062A0
FD350608
5B000392

0x001267EC

AF770508

Pride

That would be correct. You could overwrite a different status effect if you were not using it, such as Reflect, Innocent, or a few other ones.

Pride

I haven't forgot about your formula request shade and ld but i've been busy starting work again and doing my own stuff but i don't come empty-handed...

Elemental Weakness reduced to 3/2 instead of x2

0x000f6ebc
2128A400
E1130608

0x0011DF7C
af770508

Change 40 to 80 and 42 to 82 to make it a 5/4 increase in damage.

Dome

Pirde, that was the ASM I requested for FFT:+ !
Thanks a lot!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

DrBreen

About individual weapon proc rate...Had someone done something like that,but with spells? Like,"for Firaga there's also 50% to inflict confuse,and for Fira there's 34.5% to inflict Sleep"?

Shade

Quote from: DrBreen on July 22, 2011, 03:22:32 pm
About individual weapon proc rate...Had someone done something like that,but with spells? Like,"for Firaga there's also 50% to inflict confuse,and for Fira there's 34.5% to inflict Sleep"?

Weapon proc not spelll proc.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: DrBreen on July 22, 2011, 03:22:32 pm

Nope.  FDC's Formula Hack will allow 25% or 100% via a flag but there's no big hack for all abilities like that

It'd be a fucking huge pile of lines (510 entries) just for the table that has the hit% on it too, in addition to all the code it'd take to actually make that table mean something.  A hack like that would be enormous... not sure if it's the best use of space.  But then again, there's only so many things you can do with the space, but then someone would also want a Critical Hack to mirror this Proc Hack for even more piles of space used. 

usckitty

July 23, 2011, 04:38:49 pm #116 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:33:50 am by usckitty
edit - figured it out

Shade

About my formula hack 5B, it should be magic evadable too, sorry if you have to tedo alot, because of me no thinking straight.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Pride

Updated my .xml with some of the newer asms that were missing. Added Lasting_Dawn's old formula request of Formula 4e becomes Hit_(MA+ X) Dmg_(MA * Y).

Quote from: Shade on June 27, 2011, 11:32:15 am
5 formula requests:
1E to be Dmg_((WP+Y)*MA/2) #Hit(Rdm{1,X})
1F to be Dmg_((WP+Y)*PA/2) #Hit(Rdm{1,X})
5A to be Dmg_(MA*(WP+Y))
5B to be Hit_F(MA+WP+X)%
42 to be Dmg_(PA*(WP+Y) DmgCas_(PA*(WP+Y)/X)   (42 with with your formula fix too)

Added the bold to my .xml. The two random formulas are acting weird and I'm trying to figure out why.

FFMaster

Pride... your Untruth "bug" fix doesn't work at all. You mixed Innocent and Faith up like Square did. Change all 80 to 40 and all 40 to 80.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢