• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:44:02 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

jimmyjw88

Quote from: "R999"2. Changing the Sprite slot's TYPE from 1 to 2 or 2 to 1 in ShiShi is 100% issue-free.
Is it? Because I tried changing the type when I was testing my Scholar sprite but it didn't work. Did I done something wrong?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

R999

^What issues were you experiencing? Cam you be more specific?

And you are sure that you changed the type correctly as per above? ^

Atma

May 06, 2010, 02:39:54 am #1322 Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:04:29 am by Atma
@ R999
QuoteWork on the sprite with Shishi on the side when working with arms. Fix every frame, every pixel. Done. (You'll get better at it the more you do this).
this is what i'm already doing.  i keep photoshop opened, and shishi opened.  check a frame with the windows magnifer, go to photoshop and tweak if needed, re-import  to shishi and check the changes.  i've got 2 other sprites that are pretty much finished, this one just happens to be the most labour intensive so far.  don't worry, it's not that tough, just tedious.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

R999

May 06, 2010, 03:12:09 am #1323 Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:02:26 pm by R999
@Atma,

Yeah those damn arms are a bitch to work through. Even when I am most productive, it takes me at least 60 seconds to do one arm correctly (there's godamn how many of them?!).  When it is harder, it could take anywhere from 5- 10 minutes each. Especially when you have big clothing and capes. But I have gotten much better at this process now. It's just too bad that I couldn't make things any faster. I really wish melonhead could add an "Instant reimport last sprite" feature into ShiShi, that and or not having ShiShi reset the animator to frame 1 every single time when a new BMP is imported. I have gotten so used to this process that I am editing / fixing up the arms immediately once I have gotten the complete design down. Working frame by frame according to ShiShi's animator order. It actually saves me more time in the end this way, as opposed to fixing the arms last.

And you work in Windows? On the Mac there's a system wide Zoom that works with and without anti-aliasing (Ctrl+Mouse Scroll). Can't imagine myself living without it, especially on mega resolution screens. It's nice to know there's a zooming utility in windows.

jimmyjw88

Well, I replace Ramza with a type 2 sprite and I change just as the above you posted but, it doesn't seem to work somehow. Hmm...
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

R999

@jimmyjw88, that's weird, maybe there's something wrong with Ramza's sprite slot... or a bug with ShiShi itself. Are you able to duplicate this bug?

jimmyjw88

Hmm....Not sure. I only tried once. Let me try again and get back to you. Ramza's slot!! Here I come!!

Atma

I've been avoiding this cause it's a lil boring (and a little annoying) doing all these lil tweaks, but... here's an update!
[attachment=0:2cknhp22]Samurai - Ronin 05 - by Atma WIP.png[/attachment:2cknhp22]
All the arms for the walking and casting is done!  It's all fitted to Type 1 now,  however as mentioned before the hair looks kinda weird as she's walking, so i'll have to fix that.
The section marked in yellow is for all the attack stuff, which might be a bit more annoying.  Aligning the arms to the body is no different, but i don't wanna have the weapons in battle hovering a few pixels away from where i move the arms, so i've gotta be more careful.

Cheetah

I'm still super stoked for this sprite. Keep up the great work.
Current Projects:

Mari

Me too, can't wait!
Any plans for extra palettes? o=
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Kagebunji

Good job, man. I'm itching to put it in FFT, hehe.

Atma

i've already tried a few palette ideas.
[attachment=0:2234ltoc]Samurai - Ronin palettes - by Atma.png[/attachment:2234ltoc]
i'm not set %100 on them... just trying out a few ideas.  I'm trying to keep the colours in line with the default colours of FFT.  it's easy to change palettes so if u don't like em, it's an easy edit.

Kagebunji

These resemble the Disgaea ones a bit IMO. If you wanna be 100% accurate, then listen:
1.Your party palette-usually blue.
2.Hokuten palette-light blue
3.Nanten palette-dark black (sometimes gold)
4.Death Corps palettes- Green
5.Lionel- Red
All in order.

Atma

gotcha, i'll do those changes.  
oh, on a side not... i realized how F'ed up the type 2 arms look on a type 1 during the attack frames, so i looked at the type 1 sprites and noticed that the female ninja has pretty similar looking arms!  what this means is A LOT less work.  did a quick colour swap to make it match and the arms line up pretty well.  in other words... i'm back on track and getting stuff done. :)

Lijj

Sweet! After looking at those arms last night I was daunted too. :arrow:
  • Modding version: PSX

formerdeathcorps

I already added this variant of Draclau into my latest version of my patch, but he doesn't look right.  He has 4 arms in some of his animation poses.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Cheetah

Well you would need to edit out his arms from when he is walking to get rid of the four arm problem.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Hehe, yes, what Cheetah said.  I would love to see this though, must be funny, heh. And those colors on his hood(or wjatever that is) are saturated on portrait. Is this direct copy of Draclau's portrait?

formerdeathcorps

No, it's not a direct copy.  His original hood was brown even though his battle sprite displayed a purple hood so I modified it.  Is it too purple now?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Kagebunji

Yup, it is. It is saturated now. Borrow some purple from other portrait