• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:23:24 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] Game crashes emulated on PSP when I try to change classes

Started by Mad Mage, May 25, 2012, 09:30:46 pm

Mad Mage

I'm using a PSP to play FFT patched with FFT Plus, converted into an Eboot. Game runs great, but whenever I try to change classes the game freezes for a few seconds and then shuts the whole system off. It's almost like the game can't find the class change animation.

Any suggestions? Do you think I have a bad patch, or that the problem stems from trying to run it on a PSP?

Eternal

It probably comes from the patch using so many ASMs. It's likely incompatible with the PSP, sadly.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Mad Mage

Good to know. Fortunately I have a flip-top PS2. Thanks for the info and I'll be checking back here in case anyone has anything to add, because *sobs* I wanted to play it on a PSP!

Eternal

If you want to play something on the PSP that's not Vanilla, there's always Kind Of for the PSP. </shameless_plug>
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Mad Mage

Just checked it out. Looks pretty cool, but I've played vanilla so much I'm looking for something with more changes.

Mad Mage

Just played it on PS1. Game still crashes when changing classes. Since my issue has nothing to do with the game being played on PSP, I'm making a new topic which does not refer to it being played on PSP in the title.

Mods, please delete should you wish to.

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on May 25, 2012, 09:36:38 pm
If you want to play something on the PSP that's not Vanilla, there's always Kind Of for the PSP. </shameless_plug>

Shame on you, Eternal xD

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"