• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] FFT: Plus Bug topic (1.01C Beta bugs to be fixed in 1.01C)

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:25:35 pm

Dome

@Stretch Well, it's caused by the Sp*Wp formula...looks like in the next release they will get back their old (Shitty >_>) formula. Thanks for the report!

@ScYze O_o Sorry, but I truly don't know what's causing that...maybe is one of the ASM, but you are the first that encountered that kind of problem....
About Cura/ra...yeah, typo xD

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Stretch

I do like how knives are less crappy and able to be equipped by everyone. Is there any other way to spice them up? Maybe give them the ninja sword formula so speed is still relevant in the damage? Give them odd buffs or statuses or added effects? At least the Platina, Main Gauche, and Orichalcum daggers, without using speed there's no reason (except for style) to use them over ninja swords, guns, books, and all the other weapons concurrently available.

I still like the idea of making all knives ranged weapons and having them be caught...
Yeah, right

Dome

I liked the idea of making them ranged, but I don't think it's balanced (Also, keeping the formula will make them catchable even at melee range)
I'll ask if someone can make an asm to change the Dagger weapon formula (Or I'll take a look at the formulas in the FFTPatcher)
Which dagger do you think is crappy Stretch, and why?

Stretch

The SPxWP damage gave mages a decent melee attack, so a Time Mage or Priest could wail on a guy without using precious MP or needing to charge a spell. The first two daggers should suck, Blind dagger and Mage Masher already have special effects, and Assassin, Air, and Zorlin all have their special effects. Main Gauche used to have insane weapon evasion; I think that should return. Main Gauche is french for left hand, and its historical use as a dagger was for guarding during duels (thanks wikipedia). Without the guarding capabilities, the name makes no sense. That leaves Platina and Orichalcum, two plain weapons without anything going for them. Using strength to determine their damage makes them useless for mages, and physical units have better weapons to use with more evasion and power. The player needs some incentive to use them over the other equipment options. Maybe make one of them omni-elemental, or boosting to certain elements. Say, a geomancer can use Orichalcum for the omni-elemental boost, having a weaker normal attack and less weapon evasion as a trade off, and they can use an accessory besides 108 gems. Platina can doublehit or something.
Yeah, right

Dome

Thanks for the detailed feedback Stretch, I'll work on improving the game using it :-)

moonieyam

my game crashes when i set my skills on my characters. i can learn skills though

i'm playing this on my psp phat btw. 5.50 prome 4. i think it's with the psp, any help on this?

MysticKnightFF5

I was about to say something similar to Stretch, but good thing I read.
I actually disagree with Stretch on keeping the Zorlin, Assassin, and Air special effects. I really think you should buff those SFX so they don't suck horribly, because they really do suck horribly.

Stretch

Zorlin makes an excellent addition to any dual wielder, what with causing sleep. Equip them on the first hand, and the second attack has a chance to be really powerful. Put it on the second hand, and leave the enemy sleeping after attacking. Assassin can be used to tag beefy units and flee, useful if there are a lot of healers around. Both have their uses, no need to go overboard on them. Air is a bit weak, even with boosting the elemental damage. Does float make a unit weak to wind in this patch? If it adds float, that could be a really interesting use for this. What's naturally weak to wind anyway?
Yeah, right

Dome

@moonieyam
Sorry, but I have no idea...I've never tested this patch on the PSP, might be one of the many ASM implemented in the game...

@MysticKnightFF5
Sorry, but I don't think they suck...you should at least provide some "Proof" to make me change them :-)

@Stretch
Zorlin shape is an end-game item (Can only be found in the DD) and deals damage equal to the HP you lost, 100% hit, dark elemental (It will be forced 2.hands in the next release)

Stretch

Oh, I was going by the 1.3 items, I haven't played past chapter 3 yet. Can't wait to get a Zorlin Shape, sounds like fun!
Yeah, right

Argy

In terms of FFT working on the PSP, it is the ASM hacking that PSP doesn't like. I tried playing PW and I ran into the same problems as well! I run 3.72 m33-3, which tends to run most games. I suppose the best solution is to play it on your computer! Also FDC and ET gave mean more comprehensive reason why it wouldn't work, but I have forgotten it!
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Dome

Yeah, what Argy said...the best solution is to play on the Pc :-)

Stretch

Alicia and Lavian's Mastery skill doesn't work, they have to be an onion knight to equip everything. If it can't be coded, maybe put in the Mastery description that it only works with the onion knight class?
Yeah, right

Dome

Yeah, it isn't a bug, it's intended
I'd like to change the description, but I have no ideas...any suggestion?

Stretch

I have no idea, ha. How did the class get in here?

This isn't a bug, but I found a 13 WP Coral Sword in Zirekile, which completely outclasses everything for quite a while. Do you want something so powerful to be in the move-find item there?
Yeah, right

Dome

Quote from: Stretch on August 13, 2011, 08:59:44 pm
I have no idea, ha. How did the class get in here?

This isn't a bug, but I found a 13 WP Coral Sword in Zirekile, which completely outclasses everything for quite a while. Do you want something so powerful to be in the move-find item there?

TBH, I haven't checked the MFI...The coral sword used to suck before
I'll change it something less powerful

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Dome on August 13, 2011, 09:11:55 pm
TBH, I haven't checked the MFI...The coral sword used to suck before
I'll change it something less powerful

Yeah, maybe a Chaos Blade.... OH WAIT :P
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Stretch

August 13, 2011, 09:43:51 pm #37 Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:42:50 pm by Stretch
In Zigolas, I picked up the axe move-find item, and when I checked my ninja's throw list, I could throw it even though there is no ability for it. Being able to throw axes is awesome. I kept the ability to throw axes outside of that battle, as well. The unit that picked up the axe was the one that was able to throw it, I don't have any other ninjas unlocked at the moment to test if they can throw it too.

Also, in Zigolas, the last enemies were the ghosts, and they put my party to sleep forever. They wouldn't attack, they would just use their sleep, stop, and berserk skills. I had to reset.

EDIT: It looks like every class can equip axes now. You can't attack with it, but you can jump with it. Is this a side effect of trying to make axes a throw only weapon?

Ready for the end of chapter 2!
Yeah, right

Dome

August 14, 2011, 03:51:59 am #38 Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:55:12 am by Dome
Quote from: Joseph Strife on August 13, 2011, 09:15:59 pm
Yeah, maybe a Chaos Blade.... OH WAIT :P

Quote from: Stretch on August 13, 2011, 09:43:51 pm
In Zigolas, I picked up the axe move-find item, and when I checked my ninja's throw list, I could throw it even though there is no ability for it. Being able to throw axes is awesome. I kept the ability to throw axes outside of that battle, as well. The unit that picked up the axe was the one that was able to throw it, I don't have any other ninjas unlocked at the moment to test if they can throw it too.

Also, in Zigolas, the last enemies were the ghosts, and they put my party to sleep forever. They wouldn't attack, they would just use their sleep, stop, and berserk skills. I had to reset.

EDIT: It looks like every class can equip axes now. You can't attack with it, but you can jump with it. Is this a side effect of trying to make axes a throw only weapon?

Ready for the end of chapter 2!

Axes shouldn't exist for now, because the change (Make them throwable only) still must be implemented
I'll remove them in the next release

About the ghosts...well, it's the AI that is stupid (It won't damage you if the unit can't do enough damage...)...I think I'll flag all ghosts' skills with the "Random flag" so their probably spam less "touch"

Stretch

I wound up throwing the secret axe at a mage's head for massive damage, good times.

Just got to the point where you can buy Golden Hairpins. They really aren't worth the money, compared to a Holy Miter, it's +10 hp, -10 mp, and silence protection, no magic upgrade, for much more money. At least give it more MP to play around with.
Yeah, right