• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:21:23 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Japanese Spriting

Started by Cheetah, April 29, 2010, 03:23:02 am

Cheetah

Okay so here is an official topic for collecting spriting done by our overseas partners. Really it is kind of ridiculous that we haven't formed a better communication network than we have. Zodiac made a major step of creating a forum for them, but then we made the mistake of NOT CHECKING IT!!

http://jp.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5&p=83#p83

These have been setting on our servers for months. So post links to japanese sites, or others, that have FFT sprites that weren't created here so that we can at least keep these different resources organized even if we don't have great communication with them. I know that we have these links laying all around in this section, but it is always impossible to find any of them when you need them.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Oh shit, who is that guy in dark? And why are there two versions of him? Great portraits

Btw,  is there some program ot translator(not google one...) that will make theirs site understandable to peoples like me?(I'm thinking if there is a way to make their jap letters into english letters, this would estabilish our connections)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

That guy is Al-Cid Margrace, a member of the Rozarrian nobility in FFXII, and womanizer extraordinaire. He was also a usable character in FFTA2.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

April 29, 2010, 04:39:15 am #3 Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:43:17 am by Kagebunji
Ok nvm about making their site english, I found the option. Now I wonder, when I write in english, will it translate to jap automatically or do I have to use google? I really would love to work with them >:D

ugh, just look how translator translated your post: "I am very splendid. I am wonderful. I wish I continue contributing your work here. What kind of graphic tool do you use?*

Eternal

I'd just be happy to see a complete Llednar or Frimelda sprite. ^_^
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Lijj

Oh that portrait of the girl in green is a masterpiece.

I just met this lady from Japan and told her about this, she seemed into it and I asked if she'd help w/ communication; she seemed into it. We'll see... I just met her and she's seeing my good friend so I'll talk to her again soon.

Funny discovery Cheetah.
  • Modding version: PSX

SilvasRuin

Wow, sorry, Jimmy, but they topped your Llednar.  Speaking of which, that sprite needs its finishing touches so we can put these together and get it up for download.  The others are impressive too, but Al-Cid's chin looks too square to me.

jimmyjw88

Wow....These just blown me away!! Simply amazing!!

@Silvas - Haha. Yeah. My Llednar does suck, badly; and that's with Smash's help (Not that I'm saying Smash's work suck but is me who made them suck. Smash, as always did a splendid job). Without his help, my Llednar is much more suck ^^
However, Llednar sprite has been discontinued as the spriter is long gone, unless someone decided to pick it up again.

Anyway, great job japanese guys, GREAT JOB!!
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

SilvasRuin

I thought you had taken up that sprite.  You did post the animation for it on this page:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2764&start=120

There's enough progress on it that it would be a shame for it to get scrapped.

jimmyjw88

April 29, 2010, 08:29:31 am #9 Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:18:20 am by jimmyjw88
Well, I was actually helping ehrgeiz, didn't really pick up that sprite. Hmm....

I'll still to try polish up my Llednar portrait, not to challenge them or anything but try to polish up my skills. Hehe.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

LastingDawn

Hmm, is that guy in green Doned? I never thought I'd see a mature looking Doned that I would agree with, but his overall standoff-ish appearance from his portrait really fits his character. That's my favorite out of that batch.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

MasterGrand

what is this spirte it is very horrible !!! !_!

Is this japanese creates that is amazing !!!
Let's be together !!

Cheetah

Quote from: "Kagebunji"ugh, just look how translator translated your post: "I am very splendid. I am wonderful. I wish I continue contributing your work here. What kind of graphic tool do you use?*

LOL I sound like a deity coming down to bless his work. What I actually said was "Very nice work. I hope you continue to share your work here. What kind of graphic tool do you use?"
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Seriously guys, how we will talk with them?! Look what I wrote when I used translator:"Hello, 1 \\ are Kage and I will look forward to cooperating with >:D which you we may make some splendid fairies together! "

Wtf, Fairies??!!!

R999

April 29, 2010, 03:51:59 pm #14 Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:41:46 pm by R999
I used to play the Japanese version of Maple Story a very long time ago (and for years), and I was able to communicate 99% of the stuff in the game, and engage in conversations (60% of the time). But it's been a long while since... I have met some friends in Japan who could speak fair English (though majority (99%+) of Japanese do not understand even partial English, unfortunately...  unless they are college students, which wouldn't have time to spend on stuff like this). Is there something specific you want to ask the Japanese community?

DeadManWalking

Kage wants to make Fairies!

Eternal

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Hmm, is that guy in green Doned? I never thought I'd see a mature looking Doned that I would agree with, but his overall standoff-ish appearance from his portrait really fits his character. That's my favorite out of that batch.

I thought it was Frimelda, although I can see the similarities.

jimmyjw88

Well, actually, Google Translator translate just fine.
Look:
My post:
ちょうど離れている私吹くこれら!!
すばらしい仕事、すばらしい仕事。 ええ、どんな用具を使用したか。= They just blow me away!
Great job, great job. Well, what do you use the tool.

Sir Cheetah's post:
とても素晴らしい。/見事だね。私はここにあなたの作品を投稿し続けることを望む。どのようなグラフィックツールは、使用するのですか?= They are splendid. / It's brilliant. I hope you keep posting your work here. What graphics tools do you use?

At first, I thought Google Translator suck, but then, Smash said it actually works better than other translators.

World Lingo Translator:
My post:
ちょうど離れている私吹くこれら!!
すばらしい仕事、すばらしい仕事。 ええ、どんな用具を使用したか。= Me who am left exactly these which are blown!!
Splendid work and splendid work. Obtaining you obtained, used what kind of equipment?

Sir Cheetah's post:
とても素晴らしい。/見事だね。私はここにあなたの作品を投稿し続けることを望む。どのようなグラフィックツールは、使用するのですか?= It is splendid very.Don't you think?/it is beautiful.I desire the fact that it continues to contribute your work here.As for some kind of graphic tool, it is to use?

Google Translator seems to translate quite well. Well, its Google afterall. ^^

Kyousukeee

Hmm I'm just wondering , how much of japanese you guys actually know ?
If the answer is nothing than learn at least the basic two alphabets ( hiragana and katakana ) . It will be a start to understand japanese as a language instead of seeing it as random characters .

When using google translator English > Japanese :
Use very simple english to write sentences in google translator and always translate back to see the accuracy of the translation . If the sentence is very long , do it in parts . Do not use slangs or expressions that only makes sense in english ( e.g. run like hell / f**king good ) .
If it is a specific term ( computer / science etc ) use the second link and search the word there , if you can't find it , try english wikipedia and see if there is a translation in japanese . There are a lot of words in japanese that comes from english , though most of them can't be recognized at first glance .
Sprite -  スプライト ( supuraito )
Graphic Tool -  グラフィックツール ( gurafiku tsuuru )
Do not use personal names in the middle of the sentence since the translator may interpret the name as a word and try to translate it into something bizarre . If you are not sure if your name will be translated , use a very common name , like alex and change the name for your own .
Bad example "Hi my name is Kyo" こんにちは私の名前は京は "konnichiwa watashi no namae wa Kyou (kanji used in the words Kyoto / Tokyo ) wa.. " . は (ha or wa depending in the case ) is used as if you were going to continue to say something .
Good example "Hi my name is Louis" こんにちは私の名前はルイです "konnichiwa watashi no namae wa Rui desu" . です ( desu ) is used in the end of a sentence , meaning the sentence is complete . Louis translates as Rui because japanese words are written accordingly to the vocalization ( and there's no "L" in japanese either )

Also take a look at these :
http://nihongo.j-talk.com/kanji/ - translate japanese to 'romanji' ( latin alphabet ). The furigana option is pretty good .

http://jisho.org/ - good dictionary .

http://kanjidict.com/demo/index.html - just for fun . A 'full' kanji summary - pretty sure it's not complete but has many of the most common kanjis .

Wolfran

Damn, The Lady Frimelda Portrait is just perfect.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...