• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:32:41 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[OLD] FFT - The Lion War Initial Discussion Thread

Started by 3lric, December 23, 2013, 11:36:50 pm

Xifanie

Sadly, I need to get my new laptop + rip data from old desktop before Elric can NG+

Sorry for the delay
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

GeneralStrife

MaglithOran

any way to use this with a difficulty mod like insane edition?

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Timbo

It's been a few months. Can we have a status update?
  • Discord username: Timbo

Angel

There is no status update. The status is exactly as it was with the last update.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Choto

Unfortunately we need to find a way to make more pre-formation sprites. Can't fit dark knight and onion knight in atm :(

I dunno where Elric and Raven left off, but there's been a push to advance JoT5 chapter 2 a bit. We're already stretched thin for that so this is probably on the shelf.

Timbo

• Discord username: Timbo

Angel

The biggest holdup on TLW's release is a complete bugtest playthrough and complete assurance that NG+ is working. There's a bunch of extraneous stuff (like Dark Knight and Onion Knight) that isn't integral to release, but is still planned, that hasn't come down the pipeline yet. But yes, Jot5 Chapter 2 has been the biggest delay, because that's been primary focus.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Xifanie

The other hold-up is Barrage's formula that needs to be fixed. It just freezes the game right now.

Erosennin36

i can't wait to play this game  ;) eu quero muito jogar xD   :lol: ME AND MY FRIENDS WANT BOTH PLAY this game  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boco

I'd like to chime in that this is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Kudos (kupos) on all the hard work put into this.

One question, if nobody minds: is this patch mainly for extra content, or will it fix weird bugs like the "Defeat Dycedarg's Elder Brother" battle condition (was going through the tutorial but I don't have photoshop), and various text bugs such as "Rich" or "Mogri" (Lich and Moogle)? I also saw many errors in the ability quotes.

I wouldn't mind going through tactext and either fixing those errors or tracking them down for others to fix, if anybody wants me to. I'd also do anything else, but my knowledge is very limited.

3lric

Well, it does fix the DEB, as well as the elemental guns having the wrong names.

I'm not sure if we actually fixed the Rich thing or Mogri or not though.

The main intention of the patch was to add in the WotL events, which we have successfully done, including Balthier joining
as well as Ashley Riot (in place of douchebag skillset stealer Luso). All the additional scenes and battles from WotL are there,
minus the multiplayer missions and cellshaded cutscenes (which i made into event form for the Balthier and Ashley Riot scenes)

The Intro and Opening movies are also the WotL versions as well.

The only real holdup right now that I know of is waiting on the Barrage hack to be fixed. Xifanie has already tested most if not all of the game in NG+ to confirm it's correctly working and once the Barrage ASM is working, she will test everything to make sure it is console friendly, so you'll be able to play it on modded PSX/2/3 + PSP and all that good stuff.

Chotokukyan WAS working on a way to add in Dark Knight and Onion Knight, but as of right now, I'm not sure if that is still happening or not.

Boco

Thanks for the info! I'll go into Tactext and hunt down all the errors I can, and maybe I can make a thread to document the knowledge so it can be used in this project and others. And thank you for fixing the DEB bug!

I saw the cutscenes, they were done amazingly well. The decision to scrap Luso for Ashley is perfect, if only because I never liked Luso's character design.

3lric

Glad you are excited for it :D

If you see any errors, you can post them here, and I'll edit them into 1 post, or you can put them in a notepad and add them as a attachment with a message and I'll get them fixed.

Boco

Oh god my eyes are burning. Sorry, I didn't get to everything, these are just a few of the errors I came across.

I hope any of it helps, maybe you will agree with some of the changes I'm suggesting.

I'm uploading a text file with the locations of all my changes and the entry numbers in which you can find the specific errors I have located, and my suggested change. Many of my changes are probably subjective.......like changing the Cleric's Deathspell 2 ability to Esuna 2 to better match the ability's effects, or changing "Platina" to "Platinum" to improve consistency. I tried to keep it as vanilla as possible.

I skipped over Item Descriptions and Ability Descriptions for now, maybe I'll get back to those some other time. Also, I'm not sure what the tolerance is for adding more characters. The last time I tried adding much more text, many of the times that I pressed "select" in game to get a description, the text box would glitch out and not appear for me and cause instability. The reason I say this is some of my changes involve fully spelling out an ability's name where it has been shortened. Some, I left alone like the Hell Knight's abilities even though they look atrocious.

3lric

I would only be fixing actual errors. Not so much with inconsistencies though. Reason being is this is supposed to be a base patch. As such some people might want to retain much the how vanilla was originally. Our goal isn't to change anything (unless it's a genuine error) so much as it is to leave the original game intact and add in the WotL content as well as NG+

Thank you for this list, I will take a look at it tonight

Choto

Last I heard it was a double threat of formation sprite space and ability space preventing us from using DK/OK's

TheBladeMaster

Oh man, i can't wait for this patch...
I have both games in my PC, but the PSP one lags a little while the PSX don't. I don't understad why, but whatever.
I will wait the release of this patch to play some War of The Lion normally in the PSX version.

3lric

November 25, 2014, 07:03:11 am #99 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:32:58 pm by Elric
Thank you, and yes Choto is correct. Xif did mention a sort of solution to that, I'm going to note that and a few other things here. Partly so people can see them, and partly for myself so I can remember

Changes to make:
- Add in some of the Tactext fixes from the list Boco made (the FFH member, not the Chocobo, Chocobo's can't write :wark:)
- Revert merged events back to Vanilla since we can remove setup events now
- Redo corresponding events & ENTD's to reflect above changes
- Redo worldmap, attack.out conditions, attack.out scenarios to reflect above changes
- Finish Bravestory portrait and entry additions
- Edit the Bravestory viewable events to be correct for new list of events
- Give Rad the ability to become a Dark Knight
- Give Lavian and Alicia the ability to become a Onion Knight
- Give Byblos the ability to learn the Apanda skillset
- Give Boco auto evolve to Level 1 Black Chocobo at level 99, Red Chocobo at Black Chocobo level 99
- Upgrade to Worker 8, some sort of support/movement/2nd Skillset should be doable.

If anyone has any cool addition ideas, feel free to post them. HOWEVER post with caution, as most people don't know what is actually possible and what isn't, a lot of ideas that might SOUND cool, will flat out just not work at all.