• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Gambler Job Discussion Thread (Rad/Ramza Skillset Update!)

Started by LastingDawn, November 18, 2008, 02:40:25 pm

LastingDawn

Gambler's, Warriors of Chance

August 22nd, 2010

Meet the Gambler, in which their skills require a bit of luck and skill to use to the best of their ability. From basic buffs, to random debuffs, to full field effecting skills, as well as skills which emphasize their generally lecherous behavior Gamblers prove to be a unique addition to Mercenaries.

They as well are PA based they can equip Helmets, but not Armor, their primary weapons are Decks of Cards.

Philsov and others are  to thank for these skills! Make sure to give them your thoughts.

Gambler's Skills

Gambler - My life is a chip in your pile.  Ante up!

Iconics:
Darts -  Formula: 1F (100-CasF)*(100-TarF)* (Move + 0) * Current MP/2 #Hit Rdm - X Variable:10 - Y Variable: 0 - Range: 4 - Effect Area: 0 - Vertical: 1 - - CT: 2 - MP: 15
Jackpot - 50/50 chance to hurt or heal targets in range.  How is this getting rigged up?
(Shady Deal) - Steal Acc

Ramza:
Dice Off - Range 1, area 1, linear attack, random fire, deals light-moderate non-elemental magical damage 1-6 times randomly between the gambler and his target
Straight - Deals one of 5 status effects at 50% -- (Blind/Poison/Don't Move/Addle/Berserk)
Ace of Spades - Deals high damage, Low chance to cause instant death.
Double Down - Self + AoE 1.  ~75% chance to work with 50/50 Reraise/Don't Move
Roulette - Haste or Slow to everything in sight
Polarize - Innocent or Faith everything in sight

Rad:
Coin Toss - Range 1, area 1, linear attack, random fire, deals moderate-heavy non-elemental magical damage to either the Gambler or his target (only hits once, so 50-50 odds)
Three of a Kind - 3 range linear - PA-based damage with a chance to inflict ?????
Tantalize - MA+60% chance to inflict Stop. (we need less charm and confusion imo)
Drink Off - Self + AoE1.  ~50% chance to work with 50/50 Sleep/Berserk
Moss Shroom - Poison or Regen to everything in sight
Dazzle - Blind or Protect to everything in sight (Defend and Blind might be more fitting, but def is too temp for blind)

~[/quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

dwib

November 18, 2008, 05:09:49 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
roll dice!!! you could have them increase like roll 2 dice, etc. etc. add the scores of the dice and multiply by 10

what role do you want Gamblers to play? more of an offensive character or support character?

also, i'm picturing gambit from X-Men, so they should equip sticks :)

boomkick

November 18, 2008, 05:31:55 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Explosive Card- Deals low fire damage

3 of Diamonds- Haste on one character

Straight- Deals one of 5 status effects (Blind/Poison/Undead/Silence/Death Sentence)

Flush- Deals damage and adds Charm.

Royal Flush- Deals Damage and 5 status effects (like above) but has low accuracy.

Joker- Inflicts Confusion/Berserk

Ace of Spades- Deals high damage, Very low chance to cause instant death.

Final Play- Let fly your cards and attack relentlessly. Deals random damage in a very large area to all targeted, including allies.

DarthPaul

November 18, 2008, 05:47:47 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I like boomkicks ideas but i think they need a relatively low chance of success or a 50/50 of putting the damage/effect on the gambler using it.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 05:52:03 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Whoa! Do I love this idea or what! This is an excellent way to make the Gambler into not using *so many* chancy skills! Very nice work there Boomkick, I love these ideas! I think Roulette will be a nice topper, ah yes, I didn't explain how that works yet, did I?

Roulette works like it does in FFTA, sort of... It targets all,  but has random hits, and randomly casts Haste or Death,  this will be just a fun skill, probably best not to rely on it.

Also as Dwib just suggested one item dealing with Dice, well the formula that deals closest with Dice is
Dmg_rdm_(1...X) *(PA*3+Y) (Repeating Fist). So we could definitely use one of them, as well as the cards and roulette! A full gambler! All were missing now is a Slot Machine... any thoughts?

Art of War

boomkick

November 18, 2008, 07:28:10 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Play Slots!- 90% Death, 10% chance super buff (Haste/Regen/Protect/Shell/Reraise)

Cherry- gives you an extra play (turn). Adds Quick (low accuracy)

2 Cherries- gives you an extra play (turn) and heals. Adds Quick (low accuracy)

3 Cherries- Gives an area around you extra turns and heals. Adds Quick (very very low accuracy)

Diamonds- gives you a random buff (assorted)

Robbery- Steal gil cause your pissed with losing all your money and need more to lose.

Jackpot!- Very low accuracy, massive damage to all enemies on map with a chance to inflict dead.

The Damned

November 18, 2008, 08:05:37 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
^ I don't think anything above Diamond will work with the current formulas, especially since Quick has its own formula and isn't technically a status.

Anyway, the only reason I'm posting right now is to ask how you plan on making Rolutte work? I'm assuming if it hits the entire field, it will be hitting empty spaces like 80% of the time, right? Or did you find a way to make it only target occupied spaces...?

(Note: You don't have to answer this if you or Zozma want to keep it a secret.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

boomkick

November 18, 2008, 09:20:24 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Quote from: "The Damned"^ I don't think anything above Diamond will work with the current formulas, especially since Quick has its own formula and isn't technically a status...

It is not a status, Cherry is basically casting Quick.

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 09:36:29 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Nope, no reason to not answer it, this is how it works...

Range 255, Vertical 255, yadda, yadda, you get it, extend to all, target Auto, and Random His, this will make sure that it will hit all enemies and allies, and the random hits will assure that it at least can miss.

Art of War

Skip Sandwich

November 18, 2008, 09:43:45 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
really? cause when I did that myself, It just targeted random panels on the battlefield, and didin't limit itself to panels occupied by enemies/allies
Of course, that could be exactally what your saying it does, and I just misunderstood your explination
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

The Damned

November 18, 2008, 09:53:10 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "boomkick"It is not a status, Cherry is basically casting Quick.

I thought Cherry was trying to heal as well. My bad.

But Play Slots!, 2 Cherries and 3 Cherries are currently not possible IIRC like I was saying.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Lydyn

November 18, 2008, 09:55:01 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
You need to check Follow Target + 255 Range. I believe that's what makes the ability actually work as it does... Auto would also help.

Skip Sandwich

November 18, 2008, 09:57:31 pm #12 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 09:58:05 pm by Skip Sandwich
what I did in detail was use the same targeting as dance, set it target allies as well, and gave it the X+1 hits formula with random hits flagged, is that different from what you are saying?
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."

The Damned

November 18, 2008, 09:58:01 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
I thought Follow Target only worked for things that didn't have CT equal to 0, though I suppose that would make sense with regards to targeting.

Lydyn

November 18, 2008, 10:00:36 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I don't know how else Songs and Dances would work ... since anything up with "Ignore Range?" are all AI tags.

And Lasting_Dawn is doing something different. There's a box down below that reads "Random Fire." In theory, it would start targeting whoever and it'd have a 50% chance of actually going off - despite the formula. He's testing it right now I think.

Skip Sandwich

November 18, 2008, 10:02:08 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
random fire, yeah, that's what I meant, basicly, I just took a dance abilty, and added all the flags that truth has that dance doesn't
"Dave?  Are you there?"

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 10:04:59 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
And you would be right... nevermind about the Random Fire, it's just Haste or Death then, with a 50% chance to hit.

Art of War

The Damned

November 18, 2008, 10:18:11 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Ugh. We really need to document what is what in FFTPatcher.

LastingDawn

November 18, 2008, 10:21:13 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm? What do you mean? Isn't everything pretty well documented?

Art of War

The Damned

November 18, 2008, 10:56:51 pm #19 Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:13:38 pm by The Damned
If it is, then I haven't seen it, though I perhaps haven't looked as hard as I could have....

Anyway, despite not really liking Gambler (read: Setzer), I figured that I can at least post this link in an attempt to be helpful.