• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Who is the Cloaked Stranger

Started by DaHammerCrush, October 02, 2015, 10:36:36 am

KingUrameshi

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say our author has a huge love for Devil May Cry and put my money on Vergil/Nelo Angelo. Incorporating elements of the Divine Comedy.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Tempest

Quote from: KingUrameshi on June 24, 2016, 07:38:51 am
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say our author has a huge love for Devil May Cry and put my money on Vergil/Nelo Angelo. Incorporating elements of the Divine Comedy.

Elric said : "I will also say that the CS is neither from Cloud or Dante's world"

I think its an FF character. what we all need to do is gather the facts, this character has some form of debt to Ramza - this character *might* have the ability to summon specific people from specific worlds - this character always shows up when you need them the most.

Xifanie

Since we're giving hints: The character's name does not start with Q
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Tempest

Ok so its not Quistis from FF8... excellent.

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Tempest on June 24, 2016, 09:16:20 am
Elric said : "I will also say that the CS is neither from Cloud or Dante's world"

Derp I read that too. This is starting to look a lot like Raiden lol. :P

I hope its not some super obscure character and it really blows my mind when it is revealed. Really looking forward to this and the delay between the chapter 1 release and the rerelease is nice to give me some time between playing Tactics. Having said that currently playing Tactics Ogre. :mrgreen:

Tempest

Tempest

With all those numerous Q named peoples out of the picture its clear who it is.

The Cloaked Stranger is the True Ajora, the young man who was possessed by Altima at the age of 20. Having been freed from Altima's grasp due to Ramzas actions he owes Ramza a debt. Ajora while being stuck in the void for ?1,200 years? with Altima before the time of her ressurection through Alma (whos soul had become intertwined with Ajora's) - Altima shared plenty of information on Espers and the Lucavi and the devils work. Ajoras knowledge from such interaction may have given him abilities beyond that of a human, and this interaction may have given him insight to whatever crisis he is trying to prevent in JOT5. The 1,200 year lecture on magic espers and lucavi could explain his abilities. This would only be possible if Ajora's soul were able to escape the void since when Altima was defeated that is where it went. 

3lric

Tempest

awww... i was so confident this time >.<

DaHammerCrush

Did anyone ever guess Meliadoul. I mean the outfit works.

KingUrameshi

Meliadoul is the only one who really knew what was going down during the game (Riovannes/Elmdore) and its up to the author to tell what happened to her after the game. She was Vormav's daughter and I feel like framing Olan for Delita must not have been easy.

Nyzer

There's a lot about that idea that doesn't work - some of it canon, some of it ambiguous canon, but I'm just gonna point out that if Altima with help still needed the efforts of the Lucavi, the Zodiac Stones, a suitable host, a specific location, and a large amount of bloodshed to revive (and still had to fight Alma for control of the body anyway)... well, Ajora alone wouldn't have even the faintest hope of managing it himself :P

Quote from: KingUrameshi on June 24, 2016, 05:10:45 pm
Meliadoul is the only one who really knew what was going down during the game (Riovannes/Elmdore) and its up to the author to tell what happened to her after the game. She was Vormav's daughter and I feel like framing Olan for Delita must not have been easy.

... The only one? Every one of Ramza's party members is well aware of what went on, and that's not including Delita, Olan, or Balmafula. Hell, several named party members were with Ramza even before Ramza ever learned of the Lucavi to begin with. Rad, Lavian, Alicia, Boco, Mustadio, and Agrias all join before the fight with Queklain.
You speak of Meliadoul as though she wasn't there on the airship. As far as Jot5 is concerned, she was. Every joining party member was there for the battle with Altima.

KingUrameshi

I was using the assumption that everyone died in the fight with Altima based on what Olan thought about Cid and the only survivors were characters not involved or might have chosen to leave Ramza's party before entering the Dead City. It was suggested that the only exit to the city might have been destroyed by Rofel. I feel Delita would have a harder time executing Olan if Cid and others were around him who knew about Zodiac Beasts and the church. That's assuming Delita had anything to do with Olans execution and others also didn't decide to leave Ivalice or something.

Nyzer

Quote from: KingUrameshi on June 24, 2016, 06:10:05 pm
I was using the assumption that everyone died in the fight with Altima based on what Olan thought about Cid

Ramza and Alma weren't the only ones who'd had their deaths faked, just the only ones boneheaded enough to show up at their (well, Alma's) own funeral :P

Also, Delita wasn't the one who had Olan executed. Olan went to the Clemensian Council/Prince Clemence (as neither of these are mentioned as entities in Ivalice, it's safe to assume they aren't in Ivalice) while they were in the middle of choosing a new ruler for either some other country or for the Church to throw his papers out that said "hey, most of your high ranking officials were demons, and also you falsely accused a man of heresy!" Delita wouldn't even have been involved.

Hyraldelita

If i recall well Olan actually get killed from te church, because with that book he support the heretic. but i can't remember if the game itself say so.
But 100% sure Delita wouldn't have killed Onlan, he NEVER kill a person who is not involved with his plan or restoring peace his own way. He do kill the Orlandu copy but just to let orlandu flee with Ramza, i will always be by Delita's Side, because his action always reflect justice\revenge in my point of view, he is more a Hero then Ramza was, well more like a "more human like hero" Ramza is more the Fantasy Hero of the story.

But if the took ff7 and dante world out... and the evil guy from zelda get killed.. that leave only Snake world, but snake world is a real world with high technologies, so i don't think anything like magic would be considered normal, also i always wondered why Snake NEVER say nothing about magic in jot5 XD not even a small joke or observation!

But i really think it will be a nice surprise for everyone who the hek is this CS XD

Nyzer

QuoteIf i recall well Olan actually get killed from te church, because with that book he support the heretic. but i can't remember if the game itself say so.

It does. Arazlam tells the player that at some point.

QuoteBut 100% sure Delita wouldn't have killed Onlan, he NEVER kill a person who is not involved with his plan or restoring peace his own way.

If I remember correctly, Olan actually picks up the mentality that Ramza is the true hero and implies that Delita doesn't deserve his position, which is stupid as all hell considering Ramza and Delita were pseudo-allies and Delita's work was just as important as Ramza's. Granted, Lucavi demons are a bit more of a threat to the country than power-hungry men, but it was still important to get rid of them too.

If Olan had tried to use the papers to overthrow Delita, well, yeah, Delita would have killed him. That said, the story says that hadn't happened (yet?); that Olan was focused on the Church and recklessly stormed in and made a public display of things instead of trying to deal with it more quietly, which forced them to either admit to massive corruption and outright being taken over by demons, or calling him a heretic and preserving their position in the world. Not much of a surprise which option they ended up going with.  :roll:

QuoteHe do kill the Orlandu copy but just to let orlandu flee with Ramza, i will always be by Delita's Side, because his action always reflect justice\revenge in my point of view, he is more a Hero then Ramza was, well more like a "more human like hero" Ramza is more the Fantasy Hero of the story.

Delita's a broken hero, but yes, still a hero. I wouldn't say he's more of a hero than Ramza, though - there's a reason he relied on Ramza so much in FFT. Ramza has a purity of spirit that Delita lost when he saw his sort-of adopted older brother give the command to shoot down his sister. Delita might have regained it, except Ovelia completely misinterpreted his actions and tried to kill him... so now he's plunged even deeper into paranoia, which is why he keeps Ramza confined so far away at the start of Jot5.

Quotealso i always wondered why Snake NEVER say nothing about magic in jot5 XD not even a small joke or observation!

Psycho Mantis alone trumps magic. Not that Snake isn't weirded out by the place or that you'll never see him remark on it, but he's got kind of a "smile and nod" attitude going on here. More importantly, he also isn't dealing with this place alone - he's not even particularly important to the group's progression through Ivalice (at least so far). He's a soldier, and he has a trustworthy leader who's directing the group's missions. That's a familiar scenario to him, if nothing else. If he was completely on his own, he'd probably have a hell of a lot more difficulty dealing with things.

But honestly, Ivalice so far has been way less of a mind-screw than the Shadow Moses Incident. No clone-brother, no nukes, no betrayals, no mind-reading, no dead associates having been given the Commander Shepard treatment, no hidden revelations, no fighting tanks on foot, nobody here is affected by FOXDIE, and he's got competent squadmates that are capable of dealing with the situation without Snake needing to hold their hand. Just magic and invisible noses.

And finally... he's still got his smokes. That helps take the edge off. :P

3lric

And finally... he's still got his smokes. That helps take the edge off. :P

Guru

Most importantly, no raiden to deal with (yet) 

Meliadoul was guessed already. Although it was never confirmed it wasn't her, we can assume it wasn't cuz Elric is still confident we will never guess it. She would fit good though, but doubt she would be hiding under a cloak (Of course she could have some reason behind it I guess)

We also don't really know what happens to Olan, that's just what is recorded in "history". But as a wise native American man from the x-files said...."history serves only those who seek to control it, those who douse the flame of memory in order to put out the dangerous fire of truth" (Yes I know fake character, point still stands.) He most likely was killed, I mean his descendant was the one who made the durai papers public. Who knows though, maybe Olan made a deal with the church for his discretion and exile, and they just faked his death so they don't lose "face". Or he lived out his days in a dungeon somewhere. I just always thought it was odd that Olan is being burned at the stake, and no one intervenes. Of course maybe it was just too late by the time anyone found out.

Nyzer

QuoteI just always thought it was odd that Olan is being burned at the stake, and no one intervenes.

It's implied that this happened in another country entirely. Ramza can't be everywhere, after all.

Hyraldelita

I agree that Delita' would have killed him , if he was going to be a treath for the kingdom he wanted to create, but Olan knew Delita would have not been a bad king, in fact he just despice Delita's way of doing things, but Oland and balmafula get spared by Delita and he know that, even if he didn't like him, he knew he wasn't a bad person.

FFT says that Delita's kingdom brought peace back and that it lasted long after he became king.  So i love the fact that you guys continued the story and it fit pretty well too , but i think to be completely ok with the story, it should have been like 10 years after Delita's kingdom or so.  Just to be loyal to what the story say.
I might be wrong but i recall this... can't really remeber where exactly i read this particular about "the kingdom was in peace for a lot of time after Delita became king"
If im wrong i apologize in advance XD
Anyway i know who the CS is..

and it's name is David Copperfield.

XD

Aniway from the first run i had through chapter 1, i dunno why, but i was always sure that CS is a woman. The sprite looks like the meliadoul one with a hood ^^ 100% sure it's not meliadoul , but the sprite is similar in some ways.