• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:03:30 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Blitz ball

Started by Barren, May 07, 2010, 02:30:52 pm

Barren

I wonder how cool would it be in our world if Blitz Ball was a real sport
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

SilvasRuin

I suppose it's unfortunate that the laws of physics hate your wish.

Barren

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"I suppose it's unfortunate that the laws of physics hate your wish.
lol....true
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Kaijyuu

Too bad people can't hold their breath for 10 minutes.

Also you'd need an extremely aerodynamic ball, otherwise it'd lose all it's momentum right after you kicked it.
  • Modding version: PSX

VampragonLord

actually its only 5 minutes, and you could prolly just break it to quarters of 2 and a half minutes if it were REALLY an issue. The bigger problem is the people smashing into your diaphragm while youre underwater. The court itself could just be a round pool with a top only drop down.
The ball would just have to have a very specific weight(heavy enough to not float, but light enough to not IMMEDIATLY sink, though the ball does sink when its done with its propulsion.), and it would have to be very aerodynamic as you said.
I see it COULD work, youd just have to add some tweaks. tackling might drown people so thatd have to be out, or at least fairly restricted. The goal/ball system would need a little tweaking to account for the aerodynamics of it.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Meow_von_Lazerstein

Hockey should be the only sport.

Kaijyuu

Hockey's only fun when they throw squids into the rink.
  • Modding version: PSX