• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:47:27 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Recent posts

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Completed Mods / Re: FFT The Lion War ReMixed
Last post by TheSuzakuSeven - April 05, 2024, 10:07:34 pm
Hello, I'd love to play this but I'm one of the very few who actually like The War of The Lions script more and was wondering if you could make this compatible with The LionWar War of the Lions mod?
Works in Progress / Re: Souls of Destiny: Full 4 c...
Last post by Leomillia - April 05, 2024, 05:40:33 pm
Tested on the Wiistation Nintendo Wii emulator! Almost imperceptible frame drops, there are save bugs, as in the case when you do a savestate and when you decide to reset and use the common save, the characters disappear and the map doesn't move. In addition to crashing and a black screen. But just play as a common Ps1, without savestate and the game will unfold. I intend to finish it on the Wii to see if it really runs 100%.
The Lion War / Re: The Lion War of the Lions ...
Last post by 3lric - April 05, 2024, 05:03:49 pm
Quote from: El Piedras on April 03, 2024, 10:33:51 pmFirst of all, thank you a lot for doing something like this and specially for releasing the resources. I understand most people around here hate the WotL text and this version of the hack is likely to receive a lot less attention/updates as a result, but there's a major issue I'd like to point out.

I noticed the resources pack of TLWoTL has a warning about FFTactext. From what I understand you basically are stuck with whatever text you patch the game since you can't save a .fftactext once you import the missing files from an already patched ISO. This is a big deal for me because I intend to change the numbers of several descriptions to match my balance changes, but want to use the non-engrish WotL translation as base.

I checked the resources of the regular 2.03 TLW and there isn't this warning so I assume FFTactext works fine there. I just wanted to ask if there's a possibility that FFTactext compatibility will be fixed in the future or if it's an inherent problem with the way some assets were translated to the WotL script. As much as I can't stand the original translation (not the "casual" style per se but rather the obvious mistakes and odd naming/wording choices), at this point I feel forced to get back to it since the one standalone WotL translation patch that I could find also renders FFTactext unusable...

You shouldnt be using tactext to do anything but patch, the text editor spreadsheet is where you edit the text.
Last post by Nyzer - April 05, 2024, 03:21:25 pm
Quote from: rrr on April 04, 2024, 03:39:18 amNinja have innate Ninjitsu, so perhap can Samurai have innate Bushido?

For the most part, I don't want to buff already good Jobs in any non-QoL ways. It's quite easy to do with the Patcher, though, and I welcome folks customizing their own experience.

Quote from: twigglypuff on April 04, 2024, 02:44:13 pmHow would you say is the difficulty of this mod? 1 being vanilla and 10 being FFT1.3

As it's ~90% vanilla TLW, mostly 1. Some of the new/WotL content is harder, though.

If you include Fake Difficulty elements like getting locked in on Wiegraf, though, then the difficulty is below 1 at times. I don't personally consider QoL stuff to be "difficulty", but some may.
The Lion War / Re: The Lion War 2.031 - DOWNL...
Last post by 3lric - April 05, 2024, 01:11:06 pm
Quote from: Krice on April 02, 2024, 06:41:00 pmFirst off I want to thank you 3lric for making a mod that perfect an already perfect game for me. Like most other people here, FFT is my favorite game and the PSP added some really amazing things. You really put in the work to make this mod kick ass. Its reinspired me to run the game through again and try out some builds i never had the chance to run while I was playing the psp version. My friend and i fell through before we hit end game and i wasn't able to get the late game badass weapons. Now is the time! I did have a few questions. The first thing i noticed was when I played chocobo defense in chapter one i could only use 3 units but as soon as I hit chapter 2 i could put in 5. Not sure if this was a me thing or what but i was mainly running 2 custom units and Ramza only. The loot table is different to the psp version and I'm wondering what has all changed? is it just the scaling? Are the psp items in this mod like the rendezvous only weapons? I also like Ashley's abilities but was wondering if there was a formula for his damage with his abilities. Last i noticed i cant master a few other classes that you can in vanilla and the WotL version such as time mage. Is teleport 2 obtainable or is it in a permeant state of not being able to be mastered? Thanks again and really you rock!

Edit: So at the time i wrote this i had sunk about 20ish hours into the game and grinded out most of my characters. (not yet endgame) I was excited for the new game plus and decided to quickly finish the game after a little more grinding. After 30 hours i can gladly say my questions were all answered minus the rendezvous chocobo defense question. This mod is the best and im so glad i can sink so many more hours into the game. However i did set it up for my phone so i can play at work and i might have carpal tunnel in my thumbs soon. XD I'm also going to make a copy of the game and try to edit it so i can do some custom sprites. Thanks again! My gaming life finally feels complete.

Hey thanks man! I'm kinda persona non grata around here at this point but ill do my best to answer what I can off the top of my head.

There was a LOT of folks involved in this project, I'm just the frontman for it, as I am with most projects I work on. It would not have been possible by myself and we all appreciate your kind words.

1) For the chocobo defense, I've actually never heard of this issue. If someone else reading this can comment on that, I would appreciate it, as I'm working on a final final update with the 4th sound novel, and would like to get all bugs squashed, as I don't intend to ever revisit this mod again once it's out. (unless the update breaks more things, which they always do...) The squad ID shouldn't be changing for any Rendezvous, regardless of chapter, so i really have no idea how that could happen.

2) The loot table is the PSX version, unless you mean the Treasure Wheel for the Rendezvous, which was a wonderful work by Nyzer, he made a post somewhere in this section with the values and such iirc. Nothing from the vanilla stuff was changed other than a few things regarding guests.

3) It looks like everything else was answered when you finished the game lol

"Thanks again! My gaming life finally feels complete."

This comment right here, is exactly why we do what we do, and I am glad to have been a part of providing that to people, who like us, have a special attachment to this game.
FFTA/FFTA2 Hacking / Re: FFTA2 Text Editor, Feedbac...
Last post by Ezzeth - April 05, 2024, 11:46:36 am
Quote from: Kuro on October 01, 2018, 06:07:43 amHey, your tool is amazing and really useful but in my mod I need about 70 additional slots. Making a total of 793 in Text Editor. Is there a way to get that through hex editor? 

Edit: I found a method so I don't need more slots, also it seems not possible.

Would anyone kindly explain how to workaround this problem?
Does it need to be done in hex editor (ie. Gold Finger)?
Thanks in advance
Last post by twigglypuff - April 05, 2024, 11:06:07 am
Quote from: CONMAN on April 04, 2024, 08:05:45 pmI feel like this is a bit of a tough judgement for me to make, but on the scale of vanilla to 1.3, probably around a 4 or 5.  There are definitely ups and downs in difficulty but I think that may be a fair average.

Thanks for the quick reply! A 4-5 is already much harder than vanilla which is great. I found 1.3 a bit too ridiculous towards the end haha. Thank you for the mod and I'll be sure to check it out!
Last post by MRTayag - April 05, 2024, 08:34:05 am
hi again, pls check on a possible bug. upon completing a job on dispatch missions. JP earned while on Thief class are not accumulating. But Thief Class is leveling up tho.

update: pls ignore.. not a bug.. my bad.
Last post by CONMAN - April 04, 2024, 08:05:45 pm
I feel like this is a bit of a tough judgement for me to make, but on the scale of vanilla to 1.3, probably around a 4 or 5.  There are definitely ups and downs in difficulty but I think that may be a fair average.
Last post by twigglypuff - April 04, 2024, 02:49:01 pm
What would you say is the difficulty of this mod? 1 being vanilla and 10 being FFT1.3
Pages 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10