• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Original Jot5 Thread

Started by 3lric, October 24, 2011, 04:53:34 am

Eternal

DANTE

1)   Round Slash      Damages surrounding enemies.
2)   Air Raid      Damages an enemy from afar.
3)   Dash         Haste on self (requires Trickster Pendant)
4)   Mustang         Damage, Add: Confuse (requires Trickster Pendant)
5)   Helm Breaker      Damages an enemy and shatters its helmet (requires Swordmaster Pendant)
6)   High Time      +1 PA (requires Swordmaster Pendant)
7)   Charge Shot      Heavy unevadeable physical damage (requires Gunslinger Pendant)
8)   Rain Storm      Physical 1 AoE damage, hits randomly (requires Gunslinger Pendant)
9)   Block         Add: Protect (requires Royalguard Pendant)
10)   Royal Block      Add: Shell (requires Royalguard Pendant)
11)   Time Lag I      Add: Slow (requires Quicksilver Pendant)
12)   Time Lag II      Quicken an ally. (requires Quicksilver Pendant)
13)   Dimension Slash      Damage in a line, Cancel: Protect/Shell/Reflect/Defending (requires Dark Slayer Pendant)
14)   Yamato Combo      Damage, Add: Poison
15)   Demonslayer      Add: Doom on Undead.
16)   Dragonslayer      Add: Doom on Dragons.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

November 22, 2011, 12:00:37 pm #81 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:05:37 pm by Elric42
^^F*** yea these are awesome, i will post here the skillset Durbs originally came up with for Snake, they are great we just need more of em

Snake's moveset ideas:
Grenade
-Fire element, 5-panel total (cross) AoE
-Animation is a throw of a sphere (preferably black or grey)
Nikita Launcher
-Similar to Earth Slash, but fire element + explosions
- Not entirely sure of the animation, as the Nikita is a rocket launcher...
Ballistic Knife
-Range of two, moderately less powerful than regular attack, chance of instant death
Roundhouse Kick
-Basically spin fist
FOXDIE
-Inflicts poison
Sneak
-Adds Transparent
Stealth Takedown
-If invisible, high damage is dealt. One range.
Rations
-Heals small amount of HP
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

CLOUD

1)   Thunder         Minor Thunder damage, 1 AoE.
2)   Thundara      Moderate Thunder damage, 1 AoE.
3)   Thundaga      Heavy Thunder damage, 1 AoE.
4)   Braver         Damages an adjacent enemy.
5)   Cross-Slash      Damages an adjacent enemy, Add: Immobilize.
6)   Blade Beam      Deals damage equal to lost HP.
7)   Climhazzard      Deals damage equal to the enemy's lost HP.
8)   Meteorain      Deals minor damage to all enemies.
9)   Finishing Touch      Add: Death, Petrify, or Stop on a single enemy.
10)   Omnislash      Damages all enemies.
11)   Cherry Blossom      Heavy Fire/Ice/Thunder damage to surrounding enemies.
12)   Phoenix         Revives allies in an AoE.
13)   Odin         Add: Death in an AoE.
14)   Leviathan      Moderate Water damage, 2 AoE.
15)   Titan         Moderate Earth damage, 2 AoE.
16)   Bahamut         Heavy damage, 2 AoE.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Joseph Strife

A lot of great ideas for Dante, i liked the concept you got Et to use his styles of DMC into his skills, i couldn't have thought better. As for Link's yeah, Et gave some good ideas, we could just mix his with our and get what fits most. I liked Cloud's too, but why thunder/thundara/thundaga for him, why you choose thunder instead of other element?
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Eternal

Because Cloud starts with the Thunder Materia in FFVII as his default, and his name just seems to lend itself to Thunder, don't you think? ;)

3lric

Quote from: Eternal248 on November 22, 2011, 12:10:28 pm
Because Cloud starts with the Thunder Materia in FFVII as his default, and his name just seems to lend itself to Thunder, don't you think? ;)

I do agree i like this idea for Cloud

Joseph Strife

Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Kagebunji

Hey there mates, I'm a new member of this project, and I immadiately capture all graphic related stuff. My main goal atm is to do Zelda, starting tomorrow.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: Kagebunji on November 22, 2011, 12:15:23 pm
Hey there mates, I'm a new member of this project, and I immadiately capture all graphic related stuff. My main goal atm is to do Zelda, starting tomorrow.

Great to have you aboard Kage  :mrgreen:

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Kagebunji on November 22, 2011, 12:15:23 pm

Welcome to the team man! Another round of beer for everybody. :D

Kagebunji

Thanks guys. I will try not to fail you too much, haha. After Zelda i intend to fix what currently is done, like Ramza's current portrait for example.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Joseph Strife

That's just what i was going to say, i think it would be better if we start fixing what we already have and then we move for creating what we don't have.

3lric

November 22, 2011, 12:59:26 pm #92 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:00:14 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Kagebunji on November 22, 2011, 12:40:27 pm
After Zelda i intend to fix what currently is done, like Ramza's current portrait for example.

That would be fantastic  :mrgreen:

Celdia

Apologies for anything redundant here but I'll admit, I haven't been following this project as closely as it deserves. First off, congratulations on the jump to Progressing Patches. Good to see more things making their way over here.

I don't have anything in mind for you guys off the top of my head, but you're welcome to poach things from CCP if you like as far as skills go. Just let me know what in case its something I'm using special hacks to make function and I'll be able to give you the data I have for them.

As for the EVTCHRs, depending on the issue, you might try to match up the palettes in both the EVTCHR and the sprites they're affecting. I found that mine didn't have the palettes organized the same between the two and its making things display all funky. Dunno if that'll help but you never know.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

3lric

QuoteApologies for anything redundant here but I'll admit, I haven't been following this project as closely as it deserves. First off, congratulations on the jump to Progressing Patches. Good to see more things making their way over here.

Thank you very much  :mrgreen: That means a lot being that your patch is among the ones that inspired me to start this patch in the first place.

QuoteI don't have anything in mind for you guys off the top of my head, but you're welcome to poach things from CCP if you like as far as skills go. Just let me know what in case its something I'm using special hacks to make function and I'll be able to give you the data I have for them.

We may have to take you up on that, we had some moves and such made but some didn't function correctly so i just removed them for the time being until we had a more structured moveset for all the characters, which thanks to Eternal we have a lot of that now. Now i just gotta take the time to make them, which i suck at lol.

As for the EVTCHRs, depending on the issue, you might try to match up the palettes in both the EVTCHR and the sprites they're affecting. I found that mine didn't have the palettes organized the same between the two and its making things display all funky. Dunno if that'll help but you never know.

Well basicly not knowing anything about EVTCHR's i had taken the sheet used for after Weigraf kills Gustav and he holds his sword out when the party approaches, i took the 4th version of this EVTCHR sheet since it was Weigraf's colors and i changed the palette to tht of Link and replaced Weigraf with his right arm extended with Link doing the same, then imported it back into the EVTCHR.bin but once i loaded it into the game just to test it, it definitely did not look right, do i have to change all the palettes of each EVTCHAR? I didn't think i would since they are all on separate sheets. Then again i know nothing about graphics so i could've just totally done something completely wrong lol.

Celdia

I wish I could be of more help with the EVTCHR problem but I really haven't done a lot of trial and error testing with it yet. I've had one success with it and I think the palette organization was the issue. It might be something else too but I can't say for certain on anything. I'm still leaving EVTCHR problems for the very end of CCP since they are a minor issue in my patch. When I get around to working on those I'll try to make some notes and maybe work up a tutorial for it that may be of some use to you later.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Durbs

November 22, 2011, 04:14:14 pm #96 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:34:07 pm by Durbs
0_o

I'm gone for one night and we get moved to Progressing, Kage is on board, and we have skillsets? Sweet.

@Eternal: For Dante, would that require ALMA? Just confirming. I love your skillset ideas, btw; they all sound versatile enough to last the entire game and still be a great deal of fun to use.

@Kage: Zelda's port looks beast. Really awsome job!

We're also going to need monster skillsets for the new ones we're using (off the top of my head I remember that we're using Werewolf, Lamia, and the Tortoise), if anyone wants to pitch ideas. I have a few, but I want to hear what everyone else has too.

Lucifer_zero

First, congrats on getting on progressing pacthes !!!!

Second, as i see the skills, i´ve thought on somethings, like the heal skills being % based formula, instead of MA dependent.

Like, Links Fairy being 15~20% and Snake 33% or 50% only on self...

And one thing, boomerang hit all in line or the first on line ( like a bullet )

and whats gonna be Ramza Skills ( Swordloooooltechs ? ) ???? ( i´m sooo just curious )

For Snake, why dont more skills that use invisible ? Like one that gives 100% silence ( Cutthroat ) or 100% sleep (like the karate chops that you see on much of the movies) ? Also one Sniper skill (100% acc + no reaction + long range, high CT ) ?

For monsters by the weekend i should think something... ^^
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

3lric

November 22, 2011, 07:58:28 pm #98 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:21:21 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Celdia on November 22, 2011, 03:24:13 pm
When I get around to working on those I'll try to make some notes and maybe work up a tutorial for it that may be of some use to you later.

That would be awesome, as I'm sure I'm not the only one stressing over these

Quote from: Lucifer_zero on November 22, 2011, 07:57:09 pm
First, congrats on getting on progressing pacthes !!!!

Second, as i see the skills, i´ve thought on somethings, like the heal skills being % based formula, instead of MA dependent.

Like, Links Fairy being 15~20% and Snake 33% or 50% only on self...

And one thing, boomerang hit all in line or the first on line ( like a bullet )

and whats gonna be Ramza Skills ( Swordloooooltechs ? ) ???? ( i´m sooo just curious )

For Snake, why dont more skills that use invisible ? Like one that gives 100% silence ( Cutthroat ) or 100% sleep (like the karate chops that you see on much of the movies) ? Also one Sniper skill (100% acc + no reaction + long range, high CT ) ?

For monsters by the weekend i should think something... ^^

Well Ramza is a Duke and his skillset is Fencing so they would be something to do with that, as for snake we would love to have more invisible activated moves, but its just a matter of figuring out how to do it  :D

Quote from: Durbs on November 22, 2011, 04:14:14 pm
We're also going to need monster skillsets for the new ones we're using (off the top of my head I remember that we're using Werewolf, Lamia, and the Tortoise), if anyone wants to pitch ideas. I have a few, but I want to hear what everyone else has too.

Good thought Durbs! I honestly hadn't even really thought of this.. Why? I have no idea since it was pretty obvious that we would need them lol

Lucifer_zero

I just thougth of something

All skills will be avaible as soon as the game start ?????

I dont know NOTHING about editing, but is there a way to make the class change as the ones that happens with Ramza ? So then you could make you learn more skills only when you get at a given point.

As Dante need certain equip to use certain skills that not so much problem for him, but for the rest....

It would be nice if characters could learn a move on event, like it was being hit by some attack and then they learned it ( i thought this on Link and his songs ).

I wish i could help with more than just some random ideias -_-
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia