• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:30:17 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] FFT: Plus battle logs

Started by Dome, August 09, 2011, 07:32:30 pm

krilz

Finally finished Adramelk. What a sucker.

The problem with this fight (just like it was in 1.3) has always been that the first part favors one setup while the other favors totally another, which is not really the case with Velius. However, thanks to one big helpful tip I managed to break this down using a setup like this:

Ramza - Knight /w steal (I really wanted that rifle in the beginning, CBA to poach...)
Beowulf - Templar /w white magic (my healer)
Agrias - Holy Knight /w punch art
Meliadoul - Divine Knight /w yin yang
Worker 8 (aka THE BEAST)

First you might think "What? No Orlandu?" but the reason I brought Agrias and Meliadoul instead is because they can equip something he can't, which is Ribbons. Because of that and Defense Rings on Ramza and Beo, the only ones susceptible to any status ailments was the two latter and because of my damage output, he mostly spent his time casting Golem which is totally according to my plan, since Dispose and sword techniques all bypass that. The only problem was I only had one resser (which meant if Beo died, I was ******) and I really had to get the magic breaks in on Dycedarg in the beginning or he would start breaking my stuff. But other than that, most of it worked and I was actually quite pleased.

Now onto Murond!

Dome

Glad you are enjoying the patch, Krilz :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

Otabo

Putting DD run on hold until next patch comes out (hopefully with fixed existing fights and more DD fights).

Dome

I'll soon start working, so I might not be able to upgrade it for a while...but I'll try my best anyway :-)

Dome

Dome

June 24, 2012, 04:57:01 pm #166 Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:16:05 pm by Dome
FFT Plus story battle 18 - It's a trap!

Link to the playlist of the full video Playthrough

Dome

Dome

Dome

Dome

Zenius

Hey Dome are you still working on this??

Dome

Neophyte Ronin

Of course he is.  Other things like life might get in his way, but I'm sure he'll have the ground-up revamp out soon.

Dome

Since I want to re-make FFT: Plus from scratch (Editing a pre-existing patch might be a good start, but becomes horribly tiring later), I want to start in the best, most polished way
Work on the next version won't start until this is released, and vanilla plus won't be released until Elric releases Ch1 of Jot5
Before the release, we also need to have a script ready
I understand that the wait might be very long, but I think that a good-quality product is well worth the wait :-)

Dome

TrueLight

Very late to the party, but here are the battles from the first three chapters.

FFT: Plus - Chapter One Battles

FFT: Plus - Chapter Two Battles

FFT: Plus - Chapter Three Battles

Just started Chapter Four and boy is there a lot of stuff to steal/poach. The difficulty also seems to have gone up a little bit, or I just got worse haha.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

Glad to see more FFT+ videos :-)
Yes, ch4 is a bit harder than the previous, but you have so many special units it should be still easy...