• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:26:15 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by CT5Holy, July 05, 2013, 03:03:08 am

Gaignun

Give your team some more credit.  Paralyze did what it was supposed to do in R3: bust my 0 M-EV Priest.  With no second Raise 2 user, I could no longer effectively revive party members. There were a few lucky breaks, but it's my team's fault for being unable to handle them.

I was hoping I would get to challenge Avalanche's team again, but that will now have to wait for another tournament.

Luminar

torgo vs emmanigma easily my favorite match specially when he said "this is the worst build i've ever seen." ct5holy is amazing and i'm suprised malroth lost.

Malroth

I lost because he was better at Turn management than I am, either that or just really bad luck

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on October 05, 2013, 06:00:28 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Loser's Semi Finals - TrueLight vs CT5Holy

Wow those were three good matches.  And now it's time for a boss battle against me!  Well actually I'm more like a sub-boss.  Good luck once again, I hope you win because there's no way I can beat Avalanche...

Which isn't to say I want Avalanche to lose.  It's just not going to be an interesting final match if I challenge him again.

Thanks for organizing the tournament: FFM, Dokurider, CT5HOLY, TheDamned, Gaignun, and Barren.  It's been a great Tournament.  Only two more matches to go.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

reinoe

Quote from: Barren link=topic=9853.mpsg192555#msg192555 date=1381245142
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Loser's Finals

gg T.L.  That was a great game.  I'm glad you won because I already knew I didn't have a chance against Avalanche.
  I don't mean to sound bitter but I knew I was going to lose round three as soon as my Archer moved away from battle.  To showcase his uselessness he then procceeded to derp it up the whole match until he was ignobly killed by another archer.  MVP of my team goes to my Bard who was trying valiantly to pick up the slack.
My dreams can come true!

Zotis

I really like CT5Holy's commentary, especially how he talks about the teams before the matches.  So far I've only watched the preliminaries, and I really enjoyed Torgo's beastly team.

Barren

Torgo

Quote from: Zotis on October 13, 2013, 01:39:45 pm
I really like CT5Holy's commentary, especially how he talks about the teams before the matches.  So far I've only watched the preliminaries, and I really enjoyed Torgo's beastly team.

All told, I feel my team was solid ideas executed poorly. Depending on the changes the next revision bring, I know exactly what changes I'll be making.

Anyway, fantastic finish.

The Lancer's comeback against Avalanche's Ninja in round one of match 69 was amazing.

Haven't been posting much (read: at all) the past couple months, but thanks for running the tournament guys. It was a blast to participate, and even better to watch. :mrgreen:

Zotis

Gaignun's team is scary.

Just saw your battle against him Torgo.  Ouch.

Barren

Thank you everyone for watching this tournament and for watching the championship match. We all worked hard to bring you these matches.

TrueLight

Good game Avalanche. Your team had me on edge with all those Petrify and Don't Act procs, but my team was able to overcome that. Your team couldn't sandbag well enough with just Phoenix Downs and my team was able to pick them off right before they got their turns. The one on one with the Ninja and Lancer was something special.

I'm just finally glad that I got out of the second round of a tournament.

Thank you everyone who helped with the tournament. This was personally my favorite tournament so far  :D
  • Modding version: PSX

Zotis

I'm just making my way through the matches from the beginning.  This season really is amazing.  It's the best tournament I've seen so far.  So many good team compositions.  Barren's team is beastly.  I loved the Dol vs Skiploom188 match.  It's too bad Skiploom's team suffered from a few design flaws, but other than that his team was surprisingly good.  Dol's team was just a monster though.  I'm just really thoroughly enjoying almost every match.

Gaignun

I'm glad to hear that, Zotis.  I am impressed by this season's entries, too.  There are many more competent teams this time around than in previous seasons. 

Zotis

One thing I would like to hear from the commentators in the next tournament is a little less stating what is happening and a little more talking about what is happening and just talking about the match in general.  I mean, I can see that so and so just hit so and so for 150 damage, but I don't necessarily know who that's good for.  I'd also love it if every commentator gave a bit of a rundown of the teams and characters like CT5Holy does.  It just adds a lot more dynamic to the match.  Instead of just watching a super quick match and seeing who won, I learn a lot more about team composition and feel more attached to the teams I'm interested in.

Barren

My style of commentary tends to be different from others because I usually produce my matches with music + commentary while others just do commentary or just battle analysis in the description box. Its a way for each of us to stand out. But to your point Zotis about running down each of the units and what they do I do understand if you prefer it to be this way and normally I do just bring us right to the action, but I'll make note for next tourney to take a little time to talk about the teams for those who are new or at least not familiar to Arena and the teams.

Zotis

It would be awesome if you did Barren.  At least I feel like I actually understand what's going on a lot more that way.  I do like your commentating, but yeah that's one thing that could make it even better.  I'm thinking not so much for people who are new, but for sharing knowledge you're privy to having analyzed the teams, and for the sake of giving a lot more life to each video and each team. 

Barren

Thank you for the honest feedback Zotis. It'll help me improve my commentary which I strive to do

CT5Holy

Congratulations TrueLight! You've been around since really early on, consistently making teams, consistently improving. Excellent job.

Funny thing to note - Avalanche said he isn't a big fan of small maps, but the two games he won against TrueLight were both on small maps. Small maps helped keep his team together, which let them attack all at once/support as necessary. TrueLight took a very early lead in several games because one of Avalanche's Ninjas ran ahead of his team, was picked off by TrueLight's offensive units, and then it became a 4v3 that was very hard for Avalanche to deal with because TrueLight's units had high HP and Protect. Avalanche needed all of his units alive for not only the extra bits of damage, but more importantly the procs - DA really helped Avalanche maintain momentum.

1v1 was really awesome.

Thank you everyone who participated! As Gaignun said, a lot more solid teams, which meant a lot of good matches. This was extra fun for me as I got to commentate, and I hope people enjoyed that, too.

First post and brackets have been fully updated.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney