• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:31:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

om3gad3a7h

:( Darn i thought chapter one would work oh well  i guess ill look for a controller to play with on my laptop

armel

Hello,

Just downloaded the latest patch, patched the game without any trouble.
Went through my first battle and was very VERY excited to see the story continuing but then, right after the "introduction where the hell is my nose" speech, the screen goes on to the "now loading" and...It justs stays there. the music is playing, altough a litlle slower, and the now loading text is blinking as it normally does but it looks like it does'nt load anything at all.

My frustation now knows no boundaries as i was very excited to play this game, it looks like you've done a very good job from the little i was able to play.

Anyway, thanks for making me dream for a big half an hour  :cool:

3lric

This issue is usually a dirty or bad ISO. You might try getting a different ISO/BIN/IMG and try that.

What emulator are you using?
  • Modding version: PSX

armel

February 16, 2014, 10:36:25 pm #243 Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:41:32 pm by armel
Hmmm allright,

I'll try a different one...again. I've been doing it on three different ones so far and always with the same result. I unfortunately don't have my copy of fft anymore so I'm having diificulties finding decent and clean iso's. I can only find bin files. I just change the .bin to .iso by typing it myself, and it seems to do the trick. Should I use a software to do it ?

I'm on pscxr on mac as for the emulator. I wanted to try the psxfin but i don't know to wine it and I haven't looked to hard to do it. I have an old pc that i will use to see if it works on it some time tomorrow.

For the records, i patched an iso with 1.3 easy type patch and i'm at 12 hours gameplay with no problems.

Thank you very much  for the quick answer though.

armel

Ok, finally found a clean iso !

I'm very much relieved. Time for some ass kicking !!

Cheers.

Mimingless

So, I decided to check this out and was pleasantly surprised by how well done it is, excellent work, though I ran into an annoying bug(?) in a certain boss fight.

I got Cloud to learn Shadow Flare in the first half of the Sephiroth fight, only to find it missing in the second half and afterward on the world map/random encounters/etc.

Though maybe this was intentional? The first half really is more of a cutscene than a fight, but getting anyone to learn Shadow Flare in the second half seems like it'd be a nightmare.

Either way, struck me as kinda off.

3lric

I apologize, this is a bug, it has been fixed for the next release, which will likely be when Chapter 2 is released

Ilmauriciano

March 02, 2014, 10:53:19 am #247 Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:13:28 pm by Ilmauriciano
Hello !
I came across a little bug : Focus Bangle is supposed to give wearer's immunity to Crystal, Treasure, Petrify and Vampirism, but only petrify and vampirism show up in the item list.

EDIT : Found a new bug while fighting Romar (or is it made on purpose ?)
Notice that guy literally floating over water when he has nothing that allows him to... (or maybe it's class innate...)

RavenOfRazgriz

Romar has an innate that allows him to do that, yes.  Tesnya has an innate that allows him to act in Depth 2 water as well.  They're modeled after the Ninja and Samurai Jobs, respectively, which have those kind of traits innately.

Ilmauriciano

Okay, thank you for for this advice :)
Btw I have a totally unrelated question : is there anywhere I can find a changelog for this patch ?

3lric

Sorry. We dont offer any changelogs as nearly everything was changed. There is a fan
made wiki that has some stuff, but the development team has always stood firm on
our position of not releasing a changlog nor walkthrough.

flowoftime

My game crashes everytime I enter Option Menu. This isn't happening during earliest play.

I'm using ePSXe 1.9.0 with Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77 plugin.

I've been changing plugin like there's no tomorrow and still no luck... :(

Is it a bug?

3lric

Yes, this is a bug. I actually thought that this was already fixed but I guess not. It will be in the next release though.

Selius

sorry if this is posted already, but i can't seem to learn blue magic on animist without sharking monster's kin onto the character.

i learned choco cure, so it works, im just curious as to why animist doesn't have this innately ?

RavenOfRazgriz

Considering Monster's Kin has literally no effect to apply on the current release of Journey of the Five, the fact you used a gameshark to add Monster's Kin to your Animist doesn't matter.

To learn an Animist skill, you have to be in the Animist Job, and both be hit by the skill you want to learn and not be hit with or currently be under the influence of any Status Effect that stops your Reaction command from applying, kills your character, or gives control of your character to the AI.  You have to also get lucky as the learn rate on those skills is not 100% on the current version.

Selius

i see.

guess it was just the rng laughing at me the 10 times i got the chocobo to cure me and never learned it til i put monster's kin on. lol

3lric

You correctly used the edit button... AND you found your answer
by doing some searching on you own.... please, never leave.

kaitosyn

I got sprite bug on snake and dante, and several text bug

3lric

Post a picture please.

kaitosyn

May 07, 2014, 07:57:25 am #259 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:15:28 am by kaitosyn
^ah I fixed the sprite problem already (I accidently used modded one to patched ==a).....now I got a FPS problem, sometimes my FPS can dropped really slow and i got a sound problem too....how exactly the configuration for this game? i have low spec on my laptop

Edit: FPS issue fixed too...i got a new problem, my World Map became black ==a