• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:32:34 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Monster Attack Animations

Started by RandMuadDib, May 22, 2011, 02:24:36 am

RandMuadDib

May 22, 2011, 02:24:36 am Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 06:22:38 pm by RandMuadDib
Alright well i'm going through and cataloging all of the animations for monsters based on the middle byte in the FFTPatcher in the animations tab. At first it was going quite quickly as most of the early ones are useless. After a few dozen they decided to become more complex and its slowed down quite a bit. So far i've managed to catalog animations xx 00 xx through xx 5F xx, front and back. Once i get done (maybe another week, depending on when i start playing LA Noire) I'll get my notes legible and consistent and post them. Right now i have many abbreviations for the similar things, and the walking frames (which show up more often than i'd like in the attack animations) will need a consistent numbering system. I will also have to post a diagram of which frames are which, so my chaos reveals a proper pattern.

Wish me luck on the rest of my endeavor.

http://www.ffhacktics.com/wiki/Monster_Animations
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Kagebunji

So what are you basiclly doing? Listing all the frames using the Patcher? You can do it easily by using ShiShi alone, so I am sure you are doing something else. So what is it?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Twinees

I think he means monster attack frames Kage, ie. the frames that the monsters use when doing different attacks and the sequences.

This will be very useful RMD :).
  • Modding version: PSX

RandMuadDib

May 22, 2011, 10:39:48 am #3 Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:23:26 am by RandMuadDib
@Kagebunji - Yeah twinees is right, i'm doing the monster animations, which aren't accessible through shishi's

@twinees - Thanks!

Edit 5/25/11: Done up through 9F. A0 through FF to go. Had a few infinite loops to sort through, got even more complicated than normal. Still need to rework my notes into an easy(er) to read format, and create a .png to makes sense of my notation.

RandMuadDib

alright well bit of setback. turns out i forgot that an I in roman numerals looks the same backward and forward. and a IV looks like a VI. so i got to change the sprite to make forward distinct from backward and re check everything that i used roman numerals for. gonna take a while to get finished.

RandMuadDib

June 29, 2011, 06:22:13 pm #5 Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 06:23:15 pm by RandMuadDib
Boom.
http://www.ffhacktics.com/wiki/Monster_Animations

If anybody finds errors or thinks that it could be clearer, please let me know.

LastingDawn

Talk about comprehensive! Very well done, RandMuadDib! I hope that people use this.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!