• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:50:09 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Sprite attack Animation messed up

Started by RandMuadDib, June 27, 2010, 03:22:47 am

RandMuadDib

Hi there everyone. I "finished" my first attempt at making a sprite instead of just using some of the ones found here. I got it looking decent in Shishi's, all the animations in there looked good to me (i checked up to 78 i think). Then i loaded it into my game,it was going well until the first time i attacked, and the sprite freaked out. Moving, charging, casting all look fine, but i dont know why the attack animation is screwed up. I built the sprite from the Young Noble Ramza and Alternate Aliste sprites, and i haven't acquired permission from their spriters to post, so if you would like to help let me know and i'll send it to you.

Thanks in advance!
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

VampragonLord

double check you have the right type (type 1 vs type 2)
double check the actual sprite itself
try attacking with different types of weapons
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

RandMuadDib

Okay well its the sprite, and from what i can tell it has something to do with the order shishi's exports sprites to .bmp files. Has anyone else had problems? Because when i look at Young ramza noble .SPR in shishi's, the order of some of the rows of parts are different than when i export it and look at it as a .bmp. Could this be caused by an older version of shishi's as opposed to the new one? When converting .spr to .bmp i use shishi's .271 because i can open a .spr file directly instead of opening an .iso first. Any insight would be appreciated.

Also, if someone could point me to a master picture that tells me exactly where all the parts in the sprite are supposed to be that'd be great. I saw one a few days ago but can't seem to find it again. The one i saw had outlines for each individual frame, like the ones that are used in shishi's but all of them on the picture at the same time.

EDIT: Exported sprite with .352 and found that the .271 export doesn't order things properly. should be able to fix now, hopefully
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!