• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:24:40 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

CT5Holy

The Chiri hitting 3 people in R2 was the key moment. Critical Quick + Murasame TM tank helped a lot too.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

RavenOfRazgriz

That... wasn't even fair, lol.  My team is just too beefy.

I was expecting the 2-0 sweep but Diamonds and Guns denied that shit in the second game.  It looked like for a moment they had a chance to do so again in the third game, but they didn't drop that Wizard.  That Wizard was clincher due to the Bard's 70 Faith making near-kills into kills on an AoE.

CLOPS

Dol

Dont sweat it Barren.  More tactics videos are always a good thing!

Celdia

When I saw CT5's loadout on that team I was afraid my high Faith was going to backfire and my whole team was going to fall apart under his offensive potential. The outcome however was, to quote Barren, "Just wow." GG, CT5.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

CT5Holy

That was quite the beatdown indeed. GG XD

formerdeathcorps

I lose to a better version of my own squad.  The same unit's evasion did me in twice.  No regrets for that, Barren.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Celdia

:O
Holy shit. Beatdown of the century. I need to steal that Grand Cross + Gun idea. >_>

Even if my reactions had been firing off round 1 or there had been more Petrify procs it still would have been more of a fluke win. I don't think D&G's 100% ranged damage gimmick is as strong in the latest Arena versions. There are so many options for tanky, high damage units out there with the magic buffs that my frail little anti-sandbaggers just can't keep up. GG, True Light. You've made me seriously consider retiring D&G though. They had a good run.

Vigilanti

Fuck I got owned!! My team could use a face lift, GG FFMaster! And you're welcome for the new shoes

TrueLight

My chemist getting killed early in both of the rounds is what sealed it for me. The ending of round 2 was kind of strange when the wizard charged a bolt 3 on my ninja (It said 374 damage, but my ninja only took 294 damage O.O). Anyway, GG Barren.

CT5Holy

Looooooooooove that Quickening Lancer. Just a nice solid team in general, very cool.

I got scared in R2 when my AUP Longbow Archer missed a 90% kill shot on your Monk. That early Arm Aim on the Squire was very helpful too - he ran back, which kept him out of the action for... basically the whole fight. gg Angelus

PX_Timefordeath

Well, I've got to hand it to my team. At first, I was wondering why my time mage was retarded. Towards the end of Round 2, I realized that Flash Hat gave innocent, and that my team still won round 1 despite that. Well done, and that mistake shall not happen again.

TrueLight

CHARM!!! I thought I was getting lucky with the miss charms at first, but then they started landing and I knew I was in deep trouble. I'm just sad that I didn't get one single mimic summon out of my mime :(. GG Doriantoki.

doriantoki

It's pretty scary how well Blade Runners have been performing.  I can see them being slaughtered against a team like Playground Pioneers though (you know, all male, beefy units).

Celdia

Did this take the record for the fastest match ever? Also, considering the time it took to die so violently, I think I feel violated. >_>   GG Vigi. :P