• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:23:39 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Elmdork

Thanks guys for running matches! Been in hardcore lurk mode lately, feel a bit too behind to contribute to the balance discussion. I'm obsessed with the idea of someting that is classic and therefore timeless, so I find all the changes a bit overwhelming considering I like a lot of what's already implemented. That said, most of us at ffta need something new to keep things exciting and you can bet your ass I'll be actively making teams in 1.4. My backburner is full and I need to make teams again.

Dude, you handed my ass to me! It has been a thrill to see you growing in this community and I'm glad you stuck around long enough to get this good. I think you'll be a far stronger participant in future tournaments, so I'm looking forward to that.

After a while of not seeing any fftaction, I took a good look at the raven king and saw 4 flawed units. Why'd I put 4 awkward units together? I'm positive I can build a stronger team with two dancers and a samurai. Overhaul imminent.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Corosar

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on June 15, 2016, 06:47:44 am
Thanks guys for running matches! Been in hardcore lurk mode lately, feel a bit too behind to contribute to the balance discussion. I'm obsessed with the idea of someting that is classic and therefore timeless, so I find all the changes a bit overwhelming considering I like a lot of what's already implemented. That said, most of us at ffta need something new to keep things exciting and you can bet your ass I'll be actively making teams in 1.4. My backburner is full and I need to make teams again.

Dude, you handed my ass to me! It has been a thrill to see you growing in this community and I'm glad you stuck around long enough to get this good. I think you'll be a far stronger participant in future tournaments, so I'm looking forward to that.

After a while of not seeing any fftaction, I took a good look at the raven king and saw 4 flawed units. Why'd I put 4 awkward units together? I'm positive I can build a stronger team with two dancers and a samurai. Overhaul imminent.

That actually means alot to hear! I swear i still feel like i am getting use to this but i am happy that i am actually doing well in FFTA. I have been holding off till 1.4 simply because i know i have alot of work to do once it hits and i am incredibly excited to enjoy further! I also can't wait for the next tournament. They are always a ton of fun to do! I do have to thank Reks for bringing this community to me simply because its been a blast!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Reks

• Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

Thanks for the showcase Reks! I like Gil Ross's animation a lot and shuriken I can live with it being shadow switch. I like both teams involved here and Dark Holy is incredible.

Reks, do you think you can send me the spreadsheet (or have Andrew do it) so I can send a request team and do a showcase match of my own?
You dare cross blades with me?

Elmdork

Thanks for running matches, reks! The new maps look sick, favourite is the hospital, just a great mod. I'm liking the new thief abilities, roulette may turn out to be a little OP, but maybe not. How much wasted time do we have without the dark holy animation? Very cool spell, will enjoy that. I'll cobble together a couple testers if the official release isn't this week.

Atma bow is a little silly, luck up robe of lords squire seems optimal.. And it's still kind of "meh"
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Reks

Quote from: Rouroni Elmdor on July 18, 2016, 09:23:32 pm
Thanks for running matches, reks! The new maps look sick, favourite is the hospital, just a great mod. I'm liking the new thief abilities, roulette may turn out to be a little OP, but maybe not. How much wasted time do we have without the dark holy animation? Very cool spell, will enjoy that. I'll cobble together a couple testers if the official release isn't this week.

Atma bow is a little silly, luck up robe of lords squire seems optimal.. And it's still kind of "meh"

Atma Bow IS a little silly, but still a painful proc for a ranged weapon.

Yeah, you'd need good MP for it to really hurt (mine there is more or less what you'd get out of it), but a very consistent 200+ damage proc? You won't kill on the first shot, but subsequent shots would, and you don't even have to make the unit focus on damage.

Besides, it was the compromise for the original proposed Atma Weapon, which used HP as it's proc (opposite of Moonlight Blade, pretty much, but it was too strong, obviously)
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

July 19, 2016, 10:28:16 am #4826 Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 11:59:36 am by Barren
I got nothing going on today so if anyone wants to send me a 1.4 team for me to test it for them, I can have it go against one of DW's teams

From what I was just told one of the new ASMs is allowing units to target Jumping units.  It's also interfering with status recovery AI routines. So I will have to hold off on recording for the time being. But still if there is a 1.4 team you want me to test for you PM me and when the issue is fixed i'll start recording again

Barren

dw6561

This is an omen to what you guys jave in STORE for 140. I need to move the time mage to the last slot or give her haste 1 so that she can haste that ninja before he rocketa off. Also maybe giving the ninja move-1 instead of move-hp up so he does that less. Lack of Double-healing staff kinda hurts here but that should be workable.

GG Heroebal, definitely fix up that thief. I think you could use crude bow with luck up for oil procs. That dancer would hit like a truck!
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Heroebal

I had Luck up on the thief b/c I thought it would boost the break equip skills % which he did seem pretty accurate at doing. I knew he wasn't going to do much dmg so I needed him to be helpful in another way so I went with evasion and break stuff, I will give the crude bow a shot. I didn't know jump was limited to 7 I will change stuff on the lancer. I'm thinking overwhelm would be better on the stone gunner as well. Thx for the video Barren, GG DW.

Barren

silentkaster

Hey guys, new .rar file with update which fixes evasion issue. Please use that version.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

gatebuster202

Hi all, glad to see 1.4 is here!!! Logged on today after a semi-hiatus from things internet. Had a quick question for our organizers. Is there a memcard Spreadsheet for 1.4 available yet? I saw the patch and dug around the forum, but did not come across the Memcard.

I would like to run a few matches and do some recording.
The idea behind luck up was good, and maybe another bow besides Crude(Atma, though the synergy would be nice.
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

CT5Holy

The memcard spreadsheet is part of the 1.4 rar file in the Arena 1.4 thread (the attachment at the bottom).
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

gatebuster202

Quote from: CT5Holy on July 25, 2016, 02:10:26 am
The memcard spreadsheet is part of the 1.4 rar file in the Arena 1.4 thread (the attachment at the bottom).

Thanks CT, I hope to have my set up ready to record before you stream. (I'll update everyone when I am ready to take requests. I know last time I had some issues, (mostly due to emulator problems.)
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Andrew

Thanks for all of the matches, Barren!  It's nice to see everybody bouncing back for 140.  :)

All I can say is: dat triple Don't Act.  GG, LOL.

Anima Zero

Thanks for the videos Barren!  Gives me something to do when I wake up in the morning.

Sheesh, my Archer had some terrible luck getting procs off despite good odds.  Hell, procs not going off as much as I'd like got me into trouble in round 1 and almost cost me round 2 until my Ninja started showing just why the Scorpion Tail/Platina Dagger combo is so deadly (those Climhazzard procs!).  Round 3 went about as well as I could have hoped for in silencing the enemy team quickly.

Good match Corosar!  Liking that dual wielding Meteor Rod berserk Scholar quite a bit.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Barren

Wow! The meatbone slash actually worked! I was surprised that even connected. Still, I'm thankful that I my chemist/oracle on stand by for any status shenanigans. It's interesting to see my Samurai go for more Snipes rather than regular bow shots. Still his draw outs do a decent amount of damage. GG CT5Holy, that was a fun match