• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

FFMaster

Wow, that was long. Some epic matches in between, some stalls, and some 2 minute rapefaces. Watching the last battle, my team needs another tweak.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

doriantoki

There are quite a few strong teams competing.  Unfortunately, looking at the match results, mine aren't any of them, with Blade Runners being the surprise exception, though that team at best is still somewhat of a gimmick team.

Angelus

Nice video Barren...looking at my team looks like it could use tweaks once more especially since if I need to improve my team further.

Dol

Been out of town for the last few days and finally got a chance to watch the Marathon.

Kind of hard to track down which team is doing which fight.  I dont blame Barren a bit for not listing it in the description though; I sure as hell dont want to go through all that work.

Quite a pathetic showing from Team Dol..... except for the Craven Agnostics (fight 1).  They had an absolutely ideal map, but I was very pleased at how everyone was acting.  Pretty decent damage output for a 40 br/fa team.

The Marathon was a great way to build up anticipation for a tourney though, great job all around.  One thing that I've noticed is that the intro is a bit too long IMO.  A minute and a half is more of an intro than you really need before getting to the formation screen.  It may just be me though, so dont sweat it if everyone else thinks its good as is.

SoySauceMaster

That was interesting. I was expecting overall higher damage output from Kagesougi, because of its formulae. I wonder, though; the Priest was recieving less damage from it than the Paladin. Was it because of Magic Defend UP, or just bad compat? Anyway, GG Xif.

Sorry for chip damage, Barren. :cool:

Barren

I think the reason SSM was because her faith was 55 as opposed to 70 like you most common enough and plus magical guns are dependent on faith so with your 40 faith versus that priest's 55 faith + magic defend up means less than 100 damage at least
You dare cross blades with me?

SoySauceMaster

Ah, okay. So Kagesougi factors weapon damage output, rather than raw weapon power. I'll have to experiment some more. Thanks, Barren.

Zalbagg

Did you change speed save to give 20ct when hit? Or did I do something wrong.
"The name Beoulve befits brave men who raise their swords in justice's name."
    --Zalbaag Beoulve

TrueLight

You did nothing wrong, Speed Save gives 20CT instead of 1 speed.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zalbagg

Did they change this after season 5? cause i was watching some of the matches and they're getting 1 speed from speed save
"The name Beoulve befits brave men who raise their swords in justice's name."
    --Zalbaag Beoulve

TrueLight

I think you're talking about the 1.3. Arena is different in many ways. If you want to learn more about FFT Arena, check the master guide located in this part of the forum (its a sticky note topic).

Dol

Thanks for the matches as always Barren.

Trying to create a team around Breaks is pointless for me now.  The AI just doesnt get it.  Maybe someone else can put together something that works instead.

Barren

Quote from: Dol on January 12, 2012, 01:36:38 pm
Thanks for the matches as always Barren.

Trying to create a team around Breaks is pointless for me now.  The AI just doesnt get it.  Maybe someone else can put together something that works instead.

Actually Dol if you watch some of ET's Arena matches his ninja goes for breaks frequently with 40 brave...maybe try experimenting with that and see how that works

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Barren on January 12, 2012, 02:37:53 pm
Actually Dol if you watch some of ET's Arena matches his ninja goes for breaks frequently with 40 brave...maybe try experimenting with that and see how that works

Except then that squad would then have no means of DPS at all.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Barren

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on January 12, 2012, 02:55:04 pm
Except then that squad would then have no means of DPS at all.

Try then varying Brave around and see what can help balance the amount of DPS and break attempts

TrueLight

Thanks For The Videos Barren! :D

The Archer sacrificing himself to kill the two Bards turned the tide of the battle in my favor and my team just had to keep the offense up. The second map was in my advantage and Dol's team didn't have the opportunity to go on the offense. GG Dol.

Missed Charms and only a few Elemental Procs gave my team the win. That Thief at the end was annoying :? . GG Squidgy.

Angel Fight! Lucky charms/magic ruins gave me the victory in round 1. Got screwed over by undead/paralyze in the second round and my team could never recover. Round 3 was a lot of back and fourth, but my Ninja pulled through and gave me the victory. GG Pierce.