• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:42:27 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Vigilanti

God Damn that was quick! GG Celdia, that was magic, sweet magic!

doriantoki

What happened to the last video?  It says it was removed :?

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

A match requested by Wiz. I will be uploading more this weekend because I am busy right now with Christmas shopping and work so hopefully the wait won't be too long. Hope you like the intro to the 1.37 version of Arena you'll see at the beginning of the video. Also note, no music for this match as I have music for the other matches.

FFT Arena 1.37 RavenOfRazgriz (Y U SO DERP) vs Wiz (Y U SO NOOB)

Barren

Good back and forth matches Pierce, kind of surprised my team functioned well against your harder hitting team but hey it was about rolling the dice. GG Pierce

Kind of expected to get creamed considering the odds of evasion were in Losers' favor. GG fdc, very impressive team you have

Interesting concept Aero you got going on here, gave my team a hard time to take yours down but eventually I was able to. GG AeoGP, that was a good match

Pierce

That was... painful. At 9 minutes into the video I was thinking "How is this possibly going to end in 7 minutes if things are moving so freaking slowly?" I wonder if the match would've ever finished.

Watching this match made me realize FireWater needs some serious revamping. GG Barren.

Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

doriantoki

Cloud of Darkness is interesting on paper, but doesn't work that well in practice.  They need some physical damage in there somewhere, cause even if they managed to blind an entire physical opponent team, they would still have trouble taking down that team if they had access to say, Auto Potion.  That's my only suggestion there.

AeroGP

Quote from: doriantoki on December 17, 2011, 08:57:22 am
Cloud of Darkness is interesting on paper, but doesn't work that well in practice.  They need some physical damage in there somewhere, cause even if they managed to blind an entire physical opponent team, they would still have trouble taking down that team if they had access to say, Auto Potion.  That's my only suggestion there.

None of my teams do well against Auto-Potion. I'm adverse to big damage. =(
Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

CT5Holy

RNG love for me =/
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

doriantoki

Big Assault is the strongest team here ATM.  According to my calculations, it has a 100% (!!!) win rate.  So congratulations Barren, IMO you have a good shot at the title.

Barren

Quote from: doriantoki on December 17, 2011, 06:50:12 pm
Big Assault is the strongest team here ATM.  According to my calculations, it has a 100% (!!!) win rate.  So congratulations Barren, IMO you have a good shot at the title.

That is indeed good news :)

Celdia

December 18, 2011, 05:33:29 am #1133 Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:45:06 am by Celdia

Y U SO WASTE OF FUCKING TIME? I feel sorry for Barren having to record this fight. Wiz, he deserves an apology for that. That was atrocious. At least when I did it my team could seal the deal in under 15 minutes. -_-

Abandon stopping your Knight right at the start of Round 1 clinched that one I think. If my Ninja had died there the fight would have been completely reversed with my units doing the sandbagging while you laid on the hurt, a la Round 2. Grand Cross finish was beautiful though. GG, PX. A++, would fight again. I'd like to see them go at it on other maps.

This was a fun match to watch. Nice to see teams not using Reraise, actually. I thought Barren's Ninja having Punch Art was rather suboptimal in the first round but it made a better showing in Round 2.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

TrueLight

Cyclops!!! My lack of damage and poor map placement in round 1 really screwed me over. Not to mention the petrifys and charms from that dancer.  I always wondered why nobody uses Ultima, I then found out the answer from the two videos of this team. Anyway, GG Fdc.   
  • Modding version: PSX

doriantoki

Serious Business has been changed since the build you used in that video.  The archers now have item.  And thanks for the shield tip on the Squires, I don't know why, but I was under the assumption they couldn't equip shields.  I think there was talk of it, but it wasn't a change that was implemented.

Ouch.  fdc's team had that one from the first move both rounds, wow.

Barren