• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

a little help with the item tab in FFTPatcher

Started by RandMuadDib, February 20, 2011, 02:47:20 am

RandMuadDib

Okay so i've been at this a while now, have made a few successful personal patches so i kinda know what i'm doing. But tonight i just noticed that there is an entry for objects in the 'items' tab called Second Table, which contains a number in hex. It seems to start at 1 for dagger and then continues to increment by one until it gets to the last bomb, at which point it starts back over at 0 for escutcheon. Again it increases until it drops down to 0 at the first hat.

Does anyone know what this is for or what it affects? i thought it might be the position when viewing in your inventory in the game, but that doesnt make sense because both the shuriken and the balls/bombs fall under weapons with this value while in the game they're registered as regular items (like potion, phoenix down, etc.)

Any ideas?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Celdia

I haven't explored what that second table is for. I know I asked about it a long time ago and was pretty much told 'no one knows what its for'. If it does affect where things appear on the lists though that would be really handy. I should test that.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Eternal

To my knowledge, it's only really needed for ASMing stuff, like item attributes onto items. At least, that's what I gathered when talking to Second before.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817