• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:50:18 am

Unit.bin for WotL

Started by RandMuadDib, July 14, 2010, 12:47:11 am

RandMuadDib

Okay so here's some things i've noticed recently while attempting to make use of the extra portraits on unit.bin for the psp. Luso, Balthier, Onion Knight and Dark knight are not in unit.bin. Also, World.Bin is all zeros after 0xAC290, so the information from the Unit.Bin thread in the Sprites forum doesnt work for reassigning pointers to unit.bin (which starts at address 0xADE34 according to that thread).

I did, however, using a search function, find a list of values that coincides with the unit.bin values. They started at 0xA0CBC for job 0, 0xA0CBD for ch1 ramza, etc. After attempting to modify these values, however, the formation sprites did not change (they still pointed to their default unit.bin locations).

Has anybody had a similar problem, or has anyone attempted to change these pointers on WotL so we can use a few of the extra jobs for special characters? Any theories, feedback, or experience would be helpful.

Edit: After writing the initial post i also attempted to do the same thing with ATTACK.OUT so that the battle setup sprites would also be correct. Again they were not. I found the list of values presented at the beginning of the UNIT.BIN thread, but they were not in the same spot. These started at 0x17186 for ch1 ramza. I am beginning to get frustrated and hope someone can help.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!