• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Sprite attack Animation messed up

Started by RandMuadDib, June 27, 2010, 03:22:47 am

RandMuadDib

Hi there everyone. I "finished" my first attempt at making a sprite instead of just using some of the ones found here. I got it looking decent in Shishi's, all the animations in there looked good to me (i checked up to 78 i think). Then i loaded it into my game,it was going well until the first time i attacked, and the sprite freaked out. Moving, charging, casting all look fine, but i dont know why the attack animation is screwed up. I built the sprite from the Young Noble Ramza and Alternate Aliste sprites, and i haven't acquired permission from their spriters to post, so if you would like to help let me know and i'll send it to you.

Thanks in advance!
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

VampragonLord

double check you have the right type (type 1 vs type 2)
double check the actual sprite itself
try attacking with different types of weapons
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

RandMuadDib

Okay well its the sprite, and from what i can tell it has something to do with the order shishi's exports sprites to .bmp files. Has anyone else had problems? Because when i look at Young ramza noble .SPR in shishi's, the order of some of the rows of parts are different than when i export it and look at it as a .bmp. Could this be caused by an older version of shishi's as opposed to the new one? When converting .spr to .bmp i use shishi's .271 because i can open a .spr file directly instead of opening an .iso first. Any insight would be appreciated.

Also, if someone could point me to a master picture that tells me exactly where all the parts in the sprite are supposed to be that'd be great. I saw one a few days ago but can't seem to find it again. The one i saw had outlines for each individual frame, like the ones that are used in shishi's but all of them on the picture at the same time.

EDIT: Exported sprite with .352 and found that the .271 export doesn't order things properly. should be able to fix now, hopefully
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!