• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:31:59 pm

[Old] Ok, let's recap

Started by Dome, November 18, 2011, 06:44:42 am

Dome

November 18, 2011, 06:44:42 am Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:16:28 pm by Dome
I'm planning to release the next version (Which will contain all the bugfixes, less randomized stats and all the text formatting) around the end of December
I'd like to make a video trailer in order to promote the patch, but I need your help:

I need to know which features of FFT: Plus do you like most (For example, the new changes to the summoner jobs, monsters, new custom skills for bosses, difficult, etc...)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

What I like about it isn't something you can really record. I like the general feel of how balanced things are, and how mages get more love- even though I attest that Summoners are still bad. >_>
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

November 18, 2011, 06:50:39 am #2 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:53:56 am by Dome
Quote from: Eternal248 on November 18, 2011, 06:47:05 am
What I like about it isn't something you can really record. I like the general feel of how balanced things are, and how mages get more love- even though I attest that Summoners are still bad. >_>

Balanced gameplay, magic is actually usable even at higher levels

What do you suggest to make Summoners better?
I mean, they have access to each element, they target all the enemies and the skills are not evadable...

Eternal

Y'know, it's really hard. I like them being able to hit all enemies, but it seemed like I could never get their damage high enough to match the MP cost of their spells. Having Half of MP helped, but even then, it didn't seem like I was getting many castings, and the damage I did manage to do, a lot of the time the AI could easily heal it away. I'm not really sure what to suggest though, since they're great with a full party of Summoners, but since that's not often the case...

I suppose you could try lowering the MP cost slightly? That way you get more castings of it without making the damage obscenely broken.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Dome

November 18, 2011, 07:01:03 am #4 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:03:25 am by Dome
Mmm, tell me how this sounds:
All the "Basic" summons cost 20 Mp
Lich costs 40
Zodiac 80
Odin (The instant one) costs 70
Salamander now drains 33% of Mp instead of 20%

All CT's down by one

In this way they are more spammable (Cost less, faster) but still won't do much damage  (Unless you boost them in some way)

Eternal

I'm leery about Odin since being instant isn't really worth the 50 MP more, especially when you have Short Charge that can affect them all. I'll have to think about it and get back to you.

Dome

Well, the whole point of instant magic is that you are able to use it without being forced to use short charge

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Eternal248 on November 18, 2011, 06:47:05 am

This and of course Monsters! They are awesome now!

Quote from: Dome on November 18, 2011, 07:01:03 am
Mmm, tell me how this sounds:
All the "Basic" summons cost 20 Mp
Lich costs 40
Zodiac 80
Odin (The instant one) costs 70
Salamander now drains 33% of Mp instead of 20%

All CT's down by one

In this way they are more spammable (Cost less, faster) but still won't do much damage  (Unless you boost them in some way)

Sounds good to me.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

RavenOfRazgriz

Unless Odin is much stronger than the other Summons as well as being Instant, it's probably better at 50 MP.  20 MP base Summon Cost + 10 MP for added power + 20 MP for Instant.  Being instant is only worth so much on a properly designed mage, especially since everything I can recall of FFT: Plus fixes a lot of the Speed-scaling issues, or at least attempts to.  A skill that costs too much MP is also going to fuck the AI.  They know to not use skills that cost more MP than necessary to get kills, but are otherwise awful at MP management, so it's better to be conservative when possible.

Dome

November 18, 2011, 05:23:19 pm #9 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 05:23:57 pm by Dome
Ok, I changed them to this
Any comment?

All summons are unevadable (Except Lich) and target all enemies

"Basic" summons: 20 Mp 4 Ct Dmg_F(Ma*10) (One skill for each element)
Lich: 40 Mp 5 Ct Dmg_(49% Hp) Hit_F(Ma+100)%
Zodiac: 50 Mp 7 Ct Dmg_F(Ma*20)
Odin: 50 Mp Instant Dmg_F(Ma*10)

Lucifer_zero

Hum, that changes on summon maybe would go make me want to have summons as secondary,

Monsters are superb, as everyone else said.

By the way, one of the thing i liked was Red Mage and the Onions ( but both class could use betters multipliers, mainly Onion Knight, rigth now, even if they can equip everything, their multipliers make me use another job for the equips i want instead of using they. )
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Dome

Yeah, many asked me the same thing...I'll buff the OK a bit :-)