• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:52:09 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

First Time Creating Original Sprites

Started by gijo, October 28, 2013, 12:05:17 am

gijo

This is my first attempts at modifying sprites.

The first is Alexander. It is a pretty simple recolor of Delita (chapter 2/3).  I wanted it to look similar to a Perle Hauberk from FFXI.

Inez is the second.  I started with a base of the New Agrias sprite, added the lower body of a female monk, Meliadoul's lower arms, and Delita's boots.  I'm still trying to decide if I like the upper body the way it is or if I should change it.

Both are type 1 and work fine in battle (no jumping or loose parts).  And as you can see I don't know how to edit portraits so I felt them as is.

Kagebunji

Good attempts for first sprites. I like dark hair on Agrias, makes her feel all fresh and new, nice.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

gijo

Quote from: Kagebunji on October 29, 2013, 12:44:12 pm
Good attempts for first sprites. I like dark hair on Agrias, makes her feel all fresh and new, nice.

Thanks.  A lot of the characters are blond so I wanted to make it stand out a bit and I personally just like purple/gray/black as a color scheme.

After taking another look at it I cleaned up the sprite a little bit more.  Also there are 3 pallets to it, the first is a purple suit, the second is a white suit, and the third is a green suit).

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

Looks good! The blonde overlord ruling of fft must be quelled!