• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:31 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

★ Story Related Discussion

Started by R999, June 18, 2010, 04:06:40 am

R999

Hmm... Axe skills huh? Indeed we seemed to be lacking on that even though Malak was suppose to wield axes so he's consistent with the Mantra Knights. Grimms wielding an axe is certainly an interesting concept. He has a good motive but for a sick and dying / crying daughter, I really don't think he should be carrying her into a battlefield where there's a chance for her to get worst / injured. She really should be resting in a comfortable place.

Spear

Anastasia wielding a legendary spear (some kind of a Trident perhaps?) would work, even though she was meant to be a caster type hero, her pet Czar could fill the role.

Rivalry between Water Espers

We should definitely have a battle with Mateus vs Famfrit somewhere, as they are both water elemental, it would make sense for them to be some rivalry.

Smash

Hmm.. Don't know if you all talked about this before, but, what exactly is the motive for the lionsguard?

Im still not quite sure what could a 15 year old Ovelia be doing here.. Same for Agrias.

Were it me, I'd replace the AgriasxOvelia team with Daravon. He seems an unique and interesting character with new twists.. A supporting role (Instructor, master, teacher?) being too weak to attack but good enough to give boosters to the team. Something like what Merlinus and dancers were in Fire emblem, useless and fragile yet excellent team supports.

It would be freakishly good to have cameos from FFXII and/or Vagrant story. The latter the more interesting.

LastingDawn

While I do love the idea of Daravon, that will likely have to wait for an "Xtreme Legends" pack, heh.

Agrias' story will likely revolve around her teacher, Katelyn.

Lavian and Alicia are there only to hone their skills, I would think that Ovelia would sneak out of Orbonne, not wanting to be left alone, and convinces Agrias to take her into the group when she lets her cover get blown before reaching Dorter.

As for Cameos... FFXII RW introduced the Cache of Glabados which brought Balthier to Ivalice. As for Vagrant Story... that takes place 100+ years after FFT, but... if the Cache of Glabados exists in the past, it likely exists in the future, the only one I could see though is Ashley (Vagrant Story has a pretty large body count, where the plot is concerned...)

Cameos are a tricky balancing act though.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Eternal

Might I recommend Llyud as a cameo? At the end of RW, he flies away with the rest of the Aegyl, leaving him perfectly alive.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

LastingDawn

Well, he does have a sprite... but as I said, cameo is a tricky balancing act, also welcome to the project Eternal!

Art of War

R999

By Cameo do you mean playable characters? If you mean by non-playable we could make a few of these sprites that would always have a freeze CT and sit in the background, like Aerith the flower girl hiding in a corner, for example.

Kagebunji

Cameo appearences are more like one guy from other game coming, saying some lines, and go away. Example are some FF characters in KH series, they appear, talk, and that is all.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Art of War

Kagebunji

It was a nice read, as always. That Matoya guy from Coven group, who is he?

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Kagebunji"It was a nice read, as always. That Matoya guy from Coven group, who is he?

Nice catch Kage. Matoya is another reference to FFI. She was the one who was missing her Crystal Eye, and was the person to make the "wakeup potion" for the Elf Prince. Though like the other references there is legitimate reasons for a character named "Matoya" . There are two Matoya's in Ivalician History. One is a Prophet in the Mythological Age of Ivalice. The other was a court Sorceress in the time of the Lonkan Empire, but was exiled because her magic was eventually seen as witchcraft and she lived out the rest of her days in the cave.

IA will make the case to say that this Matoya is the banished Sorceress. She is also the host of Mateus. And has been for millenia. Even before the Cataclysm.

Art of War

LastingDawn

Double Post! The Coven is finished! This is by far the longest (only to accentuate the importance of this group and its characters to the overall story) bios So feel free to get some graham crackers and hot cocoa before you start reading it.

Art of War

winshmo2

Damn I had finished 7 sticks of cigarettes until I was done reading, that was really good! Kudos to you LD for compiling all that info.
There's so much Ivalice lore I didn't know about :(

Kagebunji

Oh, it is not only about Ivalice, both LD and Et make MANY references to other FF, for example Matoya(I knew that name from somewhere, haha).

LastingDawn

The Wandering Slayers have been completed! With that the majority of the characters have their bios done!

(Also Balk now has a Real bio, courtesy of Eternal)

Art of War

LastingDawn

Garamonde Elmdor is finished! Another one I'm rather proud of. You can find this bio in the Misc. section.

Art of War

R999

The Garamonde bio was A+. Oh, I didn't even know you had one for Gaffgarion.

LastingDawn

Anastasia is Complete! With that all of the bios are finished. I will have to go back and expand, or edit those that may or may not work anymore, but for now that is all of the preliminary bios finished!

Art of War

R999

That was great LD, looks like we are well on our way finally~

Oh yeah, I thought you wanted Anastasia to be fully awaken?  or that is all changed now?

LastingDawn

Quote from: "R999"That was great LD, looks like we are well on our way finally~

Oh yeah, I thought you wanted Anastasia to be fully awaken?  or that is all changed now?

I believe what I had said is that I wanted her to be the most aware of what is awakening inside of her, not absolutely fully awakened. The others can only grasp at images, and self-perceptions. Anastasia knows what her Fiend is and what it has done to warrant the name of such, in essence this also explains why she has such a pessimistic attitude towards the Fiends. Not to mention, having known in her mind that she was meant to be the leader, and not Rakunar also drives her attitude.

Art of War