• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:41:32 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

mav

Well technically we can still multi-palette him, but whatever. Just get the damn thing completed!

jimmyjw88

February 19, 2011, 11:41:28 am #1781 Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:57:45 am by jimmyjw88
You could still do multi-palette but have to be careful with the colours. And there's teeny tiny problem here...
I only manage to add in 2 reds. I'm stuck now...

EDIT: I'll get the heads done soon. As for the Hunter sprite, the sheet was till front walking frames and we are working on the beret's angle, I think.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Thanks for your help, Jimmy, I appreciate it ^_^. Currently I am working on a concept for Male Cadet. I need to figure out what legs to give him, as well as armor. I could post current WIP, but I dunno if you want to see this, heh.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Well, I got tired of prototyping, so here is what I got. I tried to keep colors almost the same to his female counterpart, as well as keep it simple. What do you think? Point out any errors you see(I am sure there are some, I am tired, so there is no way there aren't any errors there, haha)

Cheetah

I'm kind of liking the hair for the male cadet, but that is about it. It looks like he has steel boobs, mushy arms, a black hole for a crotch, and his legs need a little work. I like the basic layout, but the pieces, especially the chest, need a lot of work.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

It's all Ramza with erased gold trims, new head and armor :P I wanted to do something else for armor, cause like you said it doesn't look good, but point is, Ramza's chest is wide and long! No armor could pull it off, so I used Zozma'a Berserker chest. I will start all over I guess, leaving just the head the same. I need some nice art for inspiraration, I feel soulless when it comes to spriting lately :(...

Cheetah

Inspiration is an important thing, lets see if we can find you some.
Current Projects:

mav

He has man boobs. Has anyone ever considered completing some of R999's prototypes? As abrasive and alienating as he was, he had some damn nice sprites that might not have taken too much custom work to pull off.

Eh, I'll look for something inspiring for ya, Kage.

Cheetah

Post this stuff Raven and get some help on it! Why throw stuff together when you have lots of competent folks to just help you out from the start.
Current Projects:

RavenOfRazgriz

I'll correct the palettes so that all the sprite parts are visible on the ones I know have that issue and post things by tomorrow night most likely.  Depending on time, I'll either try to make mock portraits using the sources or post the sources so someone with skill can try to believably maul them.  A number of them are laughably easy, to the point there are some I actually think I can do... but yeah, that's a joke.

GeneralStrife

Let's see them, I wanna do Something.

dbp

That is strange but, Even a head swap + new palette + new portrait give a fresh look.
Anyway, for sure, if you want to stay in these grey tones, maybe the background need to be changed to fit the atmosphere.
Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

shishi-sensou

i love ur mixes i like the hunter xD

Kagebunji

Here is Lamia with first part of sheet fixed. Placement should be much better now. Unfortunatly, I did not test it yet, since I gotta go, but anyone can feel free to test and tell me how it looks.

Cheetah

The sprite continues to look great and should fit in with the FFT style beautifully. Great work.

I'm still not happy with the beret on the hunter. I need to find a better reference to work off of and get assistance from others.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Well, I tested Lamia, and she seems to work fine. At least better than what was earlier...

Anyway, I wanted to rework Ninja for a long time(I remember my rather bad attempt at this from way back then), so I did yet another concept, tell me what you think(advices on colors are very appreciated, since I don't know what I should do, so you choose). On a note, I did it out of boredom(I am waiting till Pride requests some sprites), I need to practice more.

mav

I like it a hell of a lot more than the Vanilla female Ninja. The hair looks great, the clothes shape is good, you just have some strange shading next to the arms. She needs something, gray tights with red boots? A different color skirt? I dunno.

Cheetah

The design is a little too simple right now. She needs a bit more going on, try some of Mav's suggestions. Otherwise it is looking good.
Current Projects:

RavenOfRazgriz

Nothing wrong with simple, but the body's too much of a solid color currently.  Simplest solution would be the standby of giving her a belt, so it doesn't look like she's a Ninja in a short party dress.  Possibly give her leggings that share colors with said belt instead of just having her legs bare as well.  Design stays simple (which is honestly a good thing personally, good design != complex design, and I much prefer the simple design over the complex one whenever possible as a rule of thumb), but the extra belt detail and leggings give her a bit of the extra color definition needed.  I guess that makes me echo Mav some, switch the boots to primary color, make the leggings grey, and give her a grey belt to divide the skirt from the top a bit.

I do much like the design though.  I'm a weird person who honestly really likes the Vanilla Female Ninja, but I'd definitely consider using that over it.

Kagebunji

Great ideas, I will make sure to implement them all(making leggings will save me trouble of recoloring legs to skin color, hehe), gray leggings, red boots, and gray belt. Thanks for help, guys.