• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:38:22 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

'Dragon' Flag

Started by falconarc, October 22, 2018, 02:45:02 pm

falconarc

Good evening

I was looking for some help/advice - has anybody come across the in-game 'flag' that decides if a unit is a dragon or not and if so how to apply it to other units? A patch I am working on in my spare time is nearly complete, but it bugs me that I can't get the formula for the 'Dragoner' class abilities to work on the 'Dragoner' herself. My goal is to make the game also think the Dragoner is a dragon too as far as the abilities she uses are concerned!
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: falconarc

Xifanie

There is no such flag, it is hardcoded to a range of Job IDs.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

falconarc

ok many thanks for the quick reply - i was afraid this was the case & i am still very green with editing & patching
  • Discord username: falconarc

Raijinili

The hardcoding is to a range of graphics ("M. Graphic" in FFTPatcher), not job IDs.
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Dragon_Check

You can use an ASM hack to adjust the range, but it needs to stay consecutive if you want to keep the same number of ASM lines.

Or... I just set Templar's M. Graphic to 10 (hex), gave Ubersquire Dragon (since my Reis was still a Holy Dragon), and successfully cast Dragon Level Up (Quick) on Beowulf. "M. Graphic" must stand for Monster Graphic, because Beowulf still looked like a human to me. I searched on the wiki for 0x015e (the M.Graphic offset used in the check) and turned up nothing of significance, so it's PROBABLY safe to give a human job a monster graphic.

Don't forget to edit the Dragon abilities so that she can self-target. Except for Dragon Level Up. It might not be a good idea to give her self-targeting instant 100% Quick.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown