• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[VOTE] Official Sprite Contest: Ivalicians Abroad

Started by Celdia, July 05, 2013, 02:47:44 am

Vote for your favorite!

FFT Reimagined as FF1 [Cheetah]
6 (19.4%)
Emblem Tactics - Fire Emblem 6, 7, 8 [Diethe]
17 (54.8%)
Male Knight in Yggdra Union style [Jumza]
13 (41.9%)
FFTxAnadu [Lijj]
12 (38.7%)
Beowulf Cadmus: Defense Attorney [lirmont]
3 (9.7%)
Mobile Suit BYBLOS [lirmont]
4 (12.9%)
Pretty Soldier Sailor Alma [lirmont]
5 (16.1%)
Worker 8 as Gato [lirmont]
7 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: July 12, 2013, 02:47:44 am

Celdia

Ivalicians Abroad

As always I would like to start by saying thank you to everyone that entered the contest. While the turnout this time around wasn't quite as numerous as the last contest, there were certainly an interesting number of styles of chosen among the contestants. Now without further ado, let the voting begin! We'll be trying the new three-vote option for this contest, meaning you have up to three votes available to you. You may choose to use them all or just vote once or twice for your very favorites. Feel free to discuss or ask questions in this thread and for those of you just burning to critique the various entries now would be an appropriate time to do so.

Voting officially ends on Thursday night, July 11th, at 11:59pm EST! I will tally up the votes and announce the winner then! Here's a quick recap of the suggested judging criteria.

1) Creativity: There are obviously a lot of different style options when you can pick from any other game. This criteria would be more about how far and away from what has been done before a submission is.
2) Artistic Ability: The more like the chosen game style, the better. Of course visual quality of the entry is always important.
3) Personal Preference: When it all comes down to it you should pick what you like best!

Title: FFT re-imagined as FF1
(WIP Used)
Creator: Cheetah

Title: Emblem Tactics - Fire Emblem 6, 7, 8
Creator: Diethe

Title: Male Knight in Yggdra Union style
Creator: Jumza

Title: FFTxAnadu

(Entered as a collective submission)
Creator: Lijj

Title: Beowulf Cadmus: Defense Attorney
Creator: lirmont

Title: Mobile Suit BYBLOS

Title: Pretty Soldier Sailor Alma

Title: Worker 8 as Gato

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Mobius

July 05, 2013, 03:51:03 am #1 Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:37:48 am by Mobius
Ivalicians Abroad: Write-in vote division

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Title: No Koopa king will kidnap this Princess!
Creator: Smash

(Wip used)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lol, genius idea, Celdia.
Write-in votes for the latecomers!

Voted.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Celdia

Uhm...well then. Let it not be said that democracy isn't alive and well around here. I guess that's one vote for Mobius' late entry. >_>

Jumza

July 05, 2013, 11:53:06 am #3 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:27:29 am by Jumza
Very nice Mobius (it is late though :P)

If Agrias knows anything about Paper Mario she won't take her eyes off the princess till they leave rogueport.

Helpful Edit: Remember to vote for me! \o/
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Choto

I was bummed I didn't have time to enter anything this round, but there are certainly some creative and awesome entries. Nice job guys!

lirmont

July 06, 2013, 07:43:40 am #5 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:56:35 am by lirmont
Ovelia looks like she's 'bout to rob a bank then drop a hot rap track about her and her crew, Heavy-A, grinding that street up, tryin' a' keep off them koopas' radars. Mushroom Kingdom ain't no joke.

Lijj

So wait you entered late AND voted for yourself? ayeayeaye

Edit: But..
I'm glad you entered something.

lirmont

Hey, hey. Cut him a break. He was voting for his alter-ego, Smash!

Also, it's crunch time for voting!

Celdia

With voting closed and the votes all tallied, we have our winner! Congratulations, Diethe! In a very close race for second place we have Jumza and pulling up the end of the ranks is Lijj! Thank you again to everyone that entered!

Jumza

Dang, GG Diethe (and Lijj). Use those Prizes you've earned well.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Lijj

Special thanks to Lirmont for keeping the thread active and  (more) interesitng! About prizes.. idk if 3rd gets one, but I do remember offering custom portraits to the 1st and 2nd place winners. So Jumza and Diethe get 1 portrait each from me among other offered prizes. I shall offer one to Lirmont too, as an honorary prize.

lirmont

For real? Thanks, man. Then I request a portrait for this sprite concept: Bomb Lord.

Lijj

Diethe

July 12, 2013, 05:19:59 am #13 Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:32:15 am by Diethe
Thanks guys! I'm interested in the sprite & avatar prizes aye. I'm hoping my character (Maven Musson) is an interesting character concept of a thief in Ivalice that would hold on as an icon for projects. I'll think the prize in the meantime.

Though as a thank you, I want to step it up and make a few more FE-style FFT characters in the near future. It's what I'm decent at at least (Of course I hope to learn more) and I think sharing talents and contributing work is what it's all about
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Diethe

Kagebunji

As promised, I will do two sprite concepts to go along with Lijj's portraits.

Lirmont, Bomb Lord already has a sprite, so go ahead and pick something else.

lirmont

Is there really? Is it available at a link? In that case, I'd like a portrait of a horse (a replacement for the ever-popular, ever-copyrighted chocobo). I may drool to death if there really is a bomb lord sprite already totally done, though.

Jumza

Lirmont, I think Kage means he's giving you a WIP which is usually 1 -2 frames of a sprite, which as you can see in that post you linked has already been done :P

(I must resist the urge to ask for something absolutely ridiculous and near impossible from Lijj, because that would be mean)

This shouldn't be too bad :)

I won't deny you the option of taking the extremely difficult one though. If it seems to hard don't waste any time on it but...

I wonder if you remember me requesting this before :P

3lric

As promised ill be making an event for the top 3 winners.

As a bonus, ill also be making one for Lirmont as well. His entries were wonderful
and he kept this thread alive for quite a while. Great job man

Kagebunji

QuoteWell, I don't want to leave Lijj alone, so I will offer to do concepts for first two places, to go along with portraits Lijj will make.

Concepts, not whole sprites. This means the forward side-view. Jumza pointed it out right.

lirmont

I think I understand what's going on now. Contrary to how many prizes I'm walking away with, none of my entries actually won anything in the contest. :P Lijj offered a consolation portrait, and I definitely want that of the Bomb Lord concept. While I'm at it, congratulations to the actual winners!