• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:03:43 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

How to check the exact HP value if a unit has ??? flag?

Started by stardragoon9, September 01, 2018, 12:11:39 pm

stardragoon9

If a unit with a ??? flag,how to see the exact number aside from using Demi(or Drain) to estimate the value,since the 999 damage cap,1/4 damage won't work on unit has more than 4000 (for instance 20000)HP.
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

IIRC ??? Stats is 10x the normal stats the unit would have

stardragoon9

Quote from: Elric on September 01, 2018, 12:43:01 pm
IIRC ??? Stats is 10x the normal stats the unit would have

How to acquire the normal stats for ??? flagged unit?

3lric

stardragoon9

Quote from: Elric on September 08, 2018, 03:20:58 pm
I don't understand your question

You have to know the "normal stats"to multiply it by 10X,the problem is how do you see the normal stats in the first place,since the base number is randomly generated before multiply the growth and multiplier of a job.If the normal stats is below 1000,fine,just uncheck the ??? flag,but what if the normal stats number is over 1000?

Xifanie

The game will only display the last 3 digits, whether you remove the ??? display, or if you make a non-??? unit able to break the HP/MP cap. No one has ever made a hack to fix this problem. The damage displayed over a unit is also limited to 3 digits.

I'm just going to clarify that only HP and MP are multiplied by 10, other stats are unaffected.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful